RE: Hero Sports - FCS: Best Returing Players In 2021
#5 Tradition 02-13-banana
07-13-2021 10:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
I can't help but think he would be ranked much higher if it wasn't a RB by committee. It could also be said that despite that, he was still ranked as one of the top RBs.
It's possible that this year's group may be one of my favorite RB groups ever. Palmer is an absolute beast and I love watching that guy run. I hope he gets more time on the field this year.
07-13-2021 10:58 AM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

This looks to me like it is based primarily on stats, and some stats can be impacted by both number of snaps/opportunities and by who the competition/defense is.

I’d take Percy over some of those listed higher by Sam Herder.
07-13-2021 11:16 AM
ShadyP Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
(07-13-2021 11:16 AM)JMURocks Wrote:  This looks to me like it is based primarily on stats, and some stats can be impacted by both number of snaps/opportunities and by who the competition/defense is.

I’d take Percy over some of those listed higher by Sam Herder.

Agree, I would easily rank him above 2 or 3 dudes ahead of him.
07-13-2021 11:25 AM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
07-14-2021 08:02 AM
Advertisement

PGJMU2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Dukes
(07-13-2021 10:51 AM)Dukester Wrote:  #5 Tradition 02-13-banana

I saw that and meant to post something. Awesome Dukester. Even called you out by name. they had the full story down. although, i believe the original idea came from the basketball tradition.

quite a legacy Dukester.
07-14-2021 08:04 AM
JMad03 Offline
Heisman

(07-14-2021 08:04 AM)PGJMU2 Wrote:  

I saw that and meant to post something. Awesome Dukester. Even called you out by name. they had the full story down. although, i believe the original idea came from the basketball tradition.

quite a legacy Dukester.

While true, he was the one responsible to bringing it to football and the timing was perfect.
Must be a pretty terrific feeling to see the streamers raining down in Bridgeforth and know you were the one that started it.
07-14-2021 10:18 AM
Dukester Offline

(07-14-2021 10:18 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  

quite a legacy Dukester.

While true, he was the one responsible to bringing it to football and the timing was perfect.
Must be a pretty terrific feeling to see the streamers raining down in Bridgeforth and know you were the one that started it.

I think you got the chicken and egg reversed! jk 03-lmfao

My idea of the football version, but the coolest part it was embraced by a lot of folks on here, and then the students even before JMU was comfortable with what they felt was a lot of liability exposure. Dukaholic really was the bridge to the students. Recall Dunk and his son helping. There were about 10-15 board members helping out to get the tradition started. Hard to believe it's been 17 years. There is no way it would of happened without all the help on here.

Back in those days - Nick Langridge was very helpful although his position at JMU was much lower than it currently is. I believe he was head of the Student Duke Club. Brad Edmondson was also very supportive as head of marketing.

Every time I hear Kevin Warner's name at JMU, it makes me think back to when he was JMUKev on the boards. It's like one of our board alumi actually grew up, unlike most of us. and taking up a major job in the JMU athletic department. I recall Kevin always wore the same ballcap at games, and would hardly ever say anything negative on the boards about the JMU decision making. I'm so happy for his growth within JMU athletics. Proud of him being the SID.
07-14-2021 01:54 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-13-2021 10:51 AM)Dukester Wrote:  I think you got the chicken and egg reversed! jk 03-lmfao

My idea of the football version, but the coolest part it was embraced by a lot of folks on here, and then the students even before JMU was comfortable with what they felt was a lot of liability exposure. [b]Dukaholic really was the bridge to the students. [/b] Recall Dunk and his son helping. There were about 10-15 board members helping out to get the tradition started. Hard to believe it's been 17 years. There is no way it would of happened without all the help on here.

Back in those days - Nick Langridge was very helpful although his position at JMU was much lower than it currently is. I believe he was head of the Student Duke Club. Brad Edmondson was also very supportive as head of marketing.

Every time I hear Kevin Warner's name at JMU, it makes me think back to when he was JMUKev on the boards. It's like one of our board alumi actually grew up, unlike most of us. and taking up a major job in the JMU athletic department. I recall Kevin always wore the same ballcap at games, and would hardly ever say anything negative on the boards about the JMU decision making. I'm so happy for his growth within JMU athletics. Proud of him being the SID.

I need a laugh- who still has that pic w/ Dukaholic and the Swiffer?
07-14-2021 02:27 PM
Dukester Offline

(07-14-2021 02:27 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
(07-13-2021 10:51 AM)Dukester Wrote:  I think you got the chicken and egg reversed! jk 03-lmfao

My idea of the football version, but the coolest part it was embraced by a lot of folks on here, and then the students even before JMU was comfortable with what they felt was a lot of liability exposure. [b]Dukaholic really was the bridge to the students. [/b] Recall Dunk and his son helping. There were about 10-15 board members helping out to get the tradition started. Hard to believe it's been 17 years. There is no way it would of happened without all the help on here.

I need a laugh- who still has that pic w/ Dukaholic and the Swiffer?

03-lmfao That picture looked so much like him he needed to look closer himself.
07-14-2021 03:29 PM
Advertisement

Purple Offline
Heisman

(07-14-2021 01:54 PM)Dukester Wrote:  

quite a legacy Dukester.

My idea of the football version, but the coolest part it was embraced by a lot of folks on here, and then the students even before JMU was comfortable with what they felt was a lot of liability exposure. Dukaholic really was the bridge to the students. Recall Dunk and his son helping. There were about 10-15 board members helping out to get the tradition started. Hard to believe it's been 17 years. There is no way it would of happened without all the help on here.

Yep, I remember well getting an armload of streamers from Dukester on several occasions and passing them around the crowd.

Good times!
07-14-2021 09:17 PM
Deez Nuts Offline
Moderator. Go Dukes!

I Root For: the Dukes
I'd smuggle trash bags of streamers into football stadiums any Saturday for Dukester
07-15-2021 07:59 AM
AssyrianDuke Offline
All American

Wide Receivers list is posted. Antwane Wells Jr comes in at #16. VMI's Jakob Herres is #2.
07-15-2021 08:14 AM
Dukester Offline

(07-15-2021 07:59 AM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  I'd smuggle trash bags of streamers into football stadiums any Saturday for Dukester

Yep and noise makers as well at Appy....

04-cheers
07-15-2021 08:36 AM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

quite a legacy Dukester.

I remember when OJF ruled!04-cheers
07-15-2021 03:09 PM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

(07-15-2021 03:09 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  

quite a legacy Dukester.

I remember when OJF ruled!04-cheers

He'll always rule on here!

03-cloud9
07-15-2021 03:12 PM
Purple Offline
Heisman

(07-15-2021 08:14 AM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  Wide Receivers list is posted. Antwane Wells Jr comes in at #16. VMI's Jakob Herres is #2.

We need to poach that guy!
07-15-2021 08:56 PM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
07-16-2021 08:31 AM
Dukester Offline

(07-16-2021 08:31 AM)JMU85 Wrote:  QBs

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-2021...acks-bzbz/

CJ at 21

Very fair, although I would not be shocked if he moved in top 10 by year end.

The way he started last year he wasn't even top 50. 03-lmfao
07-16-2021 09:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.