Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC BBall scheduling up for next season
Bookmark and Share
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
MAC BBall scheduling up for next season
No complete schedules out for MAC teams, won't see most of those until September, but some games have been released and there's a site that documents it all and lists partial schedules. plus, most of the tournament fields are set. So far, looks like MAC programs are scheduling up more the usual and have some legitimate non-conf slates in the works. I believe the MAC is playing a 20 game conf schedule which leaves 11 games if you play in a 3 game MTE-multi team event and 9 if you don't. only MAC teams that haven't locked down an MTE spot are NIU, CMU, Miami, i think.

OU has games at Kentucky and LSU, the Kentucky game is part of an MTE and gives OU probable home games w Robert Morris and Mt St Mary's. They also got Rider and Marshall at home

BG has games at OSU, Duquense, Wright St and a 2 game tournament w 3 other strong mid majors, incl Milwaukee which signed one of the top 10 freshman in the nation (coach's son).

Senderhoff's new contract at Kent has a low base salary w bonuses for non-conf money games. not surprisingly, they have already scheduled 2 with W Virginia and Xavier. plus a mid major 3 game tourney

Ball St has the most games already scheduled w a trip to xavier and 4 home-n-home series games w Omaha, Indiana St, Illinois St, and Western Illinois. they are also play in the Jersey Mike's Classic which is a 3 game tournament that is being relocated to Florida from jamaica and may have a new format.

Toledo plays at MSU and Richmond (who comes to Toledo next yr) a 3 game mid major tournament in the Bahamas and games w Marshall, Detroit, Valpo, and probably Cleve St and Bradley.

UB doesn't have a lot out but is playing a neutral site game w St Louis and another w Ill St or SF Austin.

CMU has 3 manageable mid major opponents and a game at Xavier

WMU got a game at Notre Dame and 3 game mid major tournament so far

EMU plays at Depaul and Valpo w W Ill at home and a game w N Kentucky TBD

Akron plays at OSU and in a 3 game mid major tournament and has Marshall and Radford at home.

Miami, NIU have little official, although NIU is rumored to have 2 or 3 P6 games in the works.
07-11-2021 04:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
RE: MAC BBall scheduling up for next season
(07-11-2021 04:43 AM)pono Wrote:  No complete schedules out for MAC teams, won't see most of those until September, but some games have been released and there's a site that documents it all and lists partial schedules. plus, most of the tournament fields are set. So far, looks like MAC programs are scheduling up more the usual and have some legitimate non-conf slates in the works. I believe the MAC is playing a 20 game conf schedule which leaves 11 games if you play in a 3 game MTE-multi team event and 9 if you don't. only MAC teams that haven't locked down an MTE spot are NIU, CMU, Miami, i think.

OU has games at Kentucky and LSU, the Kentucky game is part of an MTE and gives OU probable home games w Robert Morris and Mt St Mary's. They also got Rider and Marshall at home

BG has games at OSU, Duquense, Wright St and a 2 game tournament w 3 other strong mid majors, incl Milwaukee which signed one of the top 10 freshman in the nation (coach's son).

Senderhoff's new contract at Kent has a low base salary w bonuses for non-conf money games. not surprisingly, they have already scheduled 2 with W Virginia and Xavier. plus a mid major 3 game tourney

Ball St has the most games already scheduled w a trip to xavier and 4 home-n-home series games w Omaha, Indiana St, Illinois St, and Western Illinois. they are also play in the Jersey Mike's Classic which is a 3 game tournament that is being relocated to Florida from jamaica and may have a new format.

Toledo plays at MSU and Richmond (who comes to Toledo next yr) a 3 game mid major tournament in the Bahamas and games w Marshall, Detroit, Valpo, and probably Cleve St and Bradley.

UB doesn't have a lot out but is playing a neutral site game w St Louis and another w Ill St or SF Austin.

CMU has 3 manageable mid major opponents and a game at Xavier

WMU got a game at Notre Dame and 3 game mid major tournament so far

EMU plays at Depaul and Valpo w W Ill at home and a game w N Kentucky TBD

Akron plays at OSU and in a 3 game mid major tournament and has Marshall and Radford at home.

Miami, NIU have little official, although NIU is rumored to have 2 or 3 P6 games in the works.

Looks like Xavier has a nice collection of MAC games .... MAC teams should do the same with UC....
07-11-2021 07:58 PM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
UC has been avoiding MAC teams for the most part. Toledo and BG got neutral court games with them and beat em but they've never been eager to play MAC schools other than Miami.
07-12-2021 02:13 AM
Advertisement

JHVMU19 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Miami (OH)
(07-12-2021 02:13 AM)pono Wrote:  UC has been avoiding MAC teams for the most part. Toledo and BG got neutral court games with them and beat em but they've never been eager to play MAC schools other than Miami.

When I was at Miami, we played UC, Dayton, Xavier, and Wright State regularly - often with a mix of home and away games. That seems to have fallen apart in the last 20+ years since Miami B-Ball has struggled to be a MAC power again. It would be awesome, if these games could be more regularly scheduled again. If Millett Hall every gets a facelift or we get new facilities, then maybe that can happen again.
07-12-2021 07:28 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(07-12-2021 07:28 AM)JHVMU19 Wrote:  
(07-12-2021 02:13 AM)pono Wrote:  UC has been avoiding MAC teams for the most part. Toledo and BG got neutral court games with them and beat em but they've never been eager to play MAC schools other than Miami.

When I was at Miami, we played UC, Dayton, Xavier, and Wright State regularly - often with a mix of home and away games. That seems to have fallen apart in the last 20+ years since Miami B-Ball has struggled to be a MAC power again. It would be awesome, if these games could be more regularly scheduled again. If Millett Hall every gets a facelift or we get new facilities, then maybe that can happen again.

I hear you, but the collegiate landscape has changed so much in the last 20 years that getting big name schools to come to MAC arena's almost requires an act of Congress (maybe) or the hand of the Almighty.
07-12-2021 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.