UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Breakout players for 2021
DuelingDragon Online
All American

I Root For: UAB
Breakout players for 2021
With so many experienced players returning, I'm curious about some of the lesser-known Blazers you are excited to see take on bigger roles in 2021. Who do you see who is either a newcomer or a returning player who has played only spot duty having an impact this fall?

Here are some of mine I am watching:

-- Tyler Taylor started slowly but was playing very well at the end of last season. He's not getting much attention in the previews but I think he could be one of the better linebackers in the conference.

-- RaJae Johnson-Sanders looks like he's in great shape and ready to look like that highly rated WR prospect we were all excited about signing. He had a couple of great catches in the spring. It would be huge if he could be a 20+ catch, 5-TD guy this fall.

-- Lee Witherspoon's stats from high school are eye-popping. He's going to give the offense a dash of speed at RB that we haven't seen in a long time. I don't know how many touches he'll get but I could see him providing a lot of highlights.

--TJ Jones and Tejuan Palmer. Two new transfer WRs with Jones is coming over for Penn State, Palmer led juco in receiving. UAB has had a lot of recent success with transfer WRs (Ubosi, Watkins, Mitchell and I hope Shropeshire). Are these two next?

Who are some others?
07-08-2021 08:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blazer Engineer Offline
Skull Splitter

RE: Breakout players for 2021
Alex Wright. We've seen flashes of his ability. Its his time now.
07-08-2021 08:35 AM
DuelingDragon Online
All American

(07-08-2021 08:35 AM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  Alex Wright. We've seen flashes of his ability. Its his time now.

Good one. With Alex, Kelle Sanders, Justin Thomas and Jalen Mayala, I imagine opposing coaches are getting tired of seeing Bill Clark and staff trot out monsters on the edge. I am also excited about the freshman, Devin Manigault, who looks to fit that mold although probably will have to wait his turn. I could see him getting some time but still being a 4-game redshirt.
07-08-2021 08:54 AM
Advertisement

notnow Offline
1st String

Great spotlight for the players to shine.
Be the players that took Georgia, Liberty, Tulane and JaxSt down.
Went undefeated in CUSA.
It could happen. Great timing if it does develop.
07-08-2021 10:26 AM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

I’ve accepted the likelihood that we’ll continue to refuse to use any of the returning running backs(behind McBride, of course). I’m hopeful you are right about Witherspoon.

I’m ready to see the whole wide receiver corp step up. Feel like only being able to target Watkins and Mitchell limited what we should be able to do as they caught double teams often.

If Wilder remains in the starting 2-4 at LB, I’m going to be disappointed in what we’ve put together in LB room. So, yes, I hope Taylor has an all conference year.

I want to see a healthy Damien Miller returning kickoffs and punts. I’m still recovering from a dislocated knee, so I don’t know how these athletes get back so fast from ACL injuries.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2021 01:49 PM by BlazinBham.)
07-08-2021 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.