Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Chicago Melee: Two Officers Wounded As Mobs Of July 4 Revelers Rampage Through...
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Chicago Melee: Two Officers Wounded As Mobs Of July 4 Revelers Rampage Through...
Quote:Chicago Police struggled to contain mobs of July 4th revelers as they rampaged through downtown Sunday night and at least two officers were sent to area hospitals.

The Chicago Police Department told Chicago’s CBS affiliate that it “had sufficient resources deployed to manage the crowds and ensure public safety” throughout the Independence Day weekend, but Chicago police looked to be having difficulty rounding up mobs of mostly younger people who were running across the city’s Loop downtown shopping and business district, disrupting traffic and setting off fireworks.

“Police said at least two officers were injured. Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown said there were more than 60 arrests,” the outlet reported Monday. “Two police officers were injured police said and their conditions are not known.”

“Hundreds of young people and Chicago police officers flooded the Loop on the Fourth of July, clashing at times, as fireworks exploded in densely-populated areas and dumpster fires raged,” the Chicago Tribune added.

A Chicago Tribune photojournalist was on hand to document the chaos.

Others on social media grabbed footage of the groups running rampant through downtown.

“About 8:30 p.m., the contents of a dumpster burned on North Garland Court. When the Chicago Fire Department arrived to extinguish the flames, a firework went off around the corner. An hour later, another dumpster fire blazed on Garland to the west of the Chicago Cultural Center,” the Tribune reported Monday. “Someone set off fireworks in front of Staples at North Wabash Avenue and East Washington Street, sending tiny bursts cascading above the street.”

CWB Chicago reported that some members of the mob jumped onto squad cars, in some cases, breaking out the car windows with bats.

“Police detained dozens of people, mostly juveniles, during a “large group” incident in the Loop on Fourth of July evening, according to police and sources. Most of the juveniles were taken in for curfew violations, but other arrestees are expected to face charges such as battery, reckless conduct, and battery of police,” CWB reported. “At least two police officers were injured during the hours-long disturbance, according to a police statement. A source told CWBChicago that one officer had lost his hearing after a large firework exploded near his head.”

The city was bathed in violence over the July 4th weekend — beyond the Loop disturbances — with more than 80 people shot and at least 13 killed, according to the city’s ABC News affiliate. “Seven children were among the victims.”

The incidents included yet another mass shooting, the fourth in less than two weeks.

“Two people were killed and at least four were wounded, including a 12-year-old girl and a 13-year-old boy, in a shooting early Monday in Washington Park on the South Side,” ABC Chicago reported.

Two members of the Chicago Police Department were among those shot. The pair were wounded while trying to break up a July 4th event on the city’s West Side.

“A Chicago police commander and a sergeant were shot and wounded early Monday while dispersing a crowd on the West Side. The officers were hit when someone on foot fired at the crowd around 1:30 a.m. in the 100-block of North Long Avenue, police said,” per ABC. “The commander was struck in the foot and the sergeant was grazed in the leg, according to police. Both officers were transported to Stroger Hospital. The shooter has not been located, police said.”

President Joe Biden pledged, in June, to assist the city of Chicago in controlling its spike in gun violence, but he largely pledged to assist in pressing for gun control legislation, not in helping with on-the-ground law enforcement.

Link

Purely,100% Lightfoots’ doing.
07-05-2021 02:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Chicago Melee: Two Officers Wounded As Mobs Of July 4 Revelers Rampage Through...
Cut.
Them.
Down.
07-05-2021 02:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Chicago Melee: Two Officers Wounded As Mobs Of July 4 Revelers Rampage Through...
Everytime we see things like this who are the persons involved? Yep, Blacks, they're out of control, man. You can't pin it on some white, Asian or Hispanic starting the crap.

Dang, slave owners, they're at fault for their sinfulness and now we're paying the price.
07-05-2021 02:57 PM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(07-05-2021 02:44 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Cut.
Them.
Down.

I.
Will.
Not.
Get.
Offended.

I.
Promise.
07-05-2021 03:08 PM
Thewavefan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
Out beloved mayor will just get on tv and blame white supremacy again. 82 people shot over the weekend and she blames the suburbs for “loose gun laws”. Why is there not nearly as much crime in the burbs mayor? She blames anything and everything except herself. A good leader knows when to take responsibility for their own failures. All she knows how to do is blame white people. If I didn’t live my job as much as I do I would be out of Chicago so fast.
07-05-2021 03:23 PM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(07-05-2021 02:57 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  Everytime we see things like this who are the persons involved? Yep, Blacks, they're out of control, man. You can't pin it on some white, Asian or Hispanic starting the crap.

Dang, slave owners, they're at fault for their sinfulness and now we're paying the price.

By committing civil disorder, they are just proving the KKK right.
07-05-2021 03:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
We went to Chicago a few weeks ago for 3 days and stayed downtown and mainly stayed in that area other than driving north to see the Cubs stadium and the beach. First time I had ever seen the city and I came away with the opinion its probably the most beautiful we saw in the USA....

Never ran into any trouble or saw any but when we got home I saw that two people were dragged from their car and shot point blank with one dying. No more than 2 miles away.

It really is a shame they let a small section of this city destroy the way its viewed. Wouldnt want to live there but its a place we plan on going back to for two days and then make the 3 hour drive over to Lansing, Michigan when Western plays Michigan State in Oct. Then 2 days in another shithole, Detroit, Michigan, to gamble before heading home
07-05-2021 08:07 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
What is wrong with these oppressed people blowing off a little steam, tearing some sh*t up while doing some unsanctioned shopping….

They ain’t hurting nobody. They just trying to have a good time.

Mayor Beetlejuice will be meeting with POC journalists tomorrow to give them multiple good reasons for what happened last night.

Y’all go to a cookout, in Chicago we go to a riot.
07-05-2021 08:12 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
It’s infuriating that our city is being run into the ground. Words cannot fully articulate the continued ineptitude and political decision-making that continue to plague Chicago.
07-05-2021 09:13 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-05-2021 09:13 PM)GoldenWarrior11 Wrote:  It’s infuriating that our city is being run into the ground. Words cannot fully articulate the continued ineptitude and political decision-making that continue to plague Chicago.

the worst fear realized is there’s nothing one can do at this point - be it politically due to corruption or the end result of the great society…

I look at PDX today, and simply shake my head how much of a shitehole it has become in the past ~15 yrs…
07-05-2021 09:21 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(07-05-2021 03:23 PM)Thewavefan Wrote:  Out beloved mayor will just get on tv and blame white supremacy again. 82 people shot over the weekend and she blames the suburbs for “loose gun laws”. Why is there not nearly as much crime in the burbs mayor? She blames anything and everything except herself. A good leader knows when to take responsibility for their own failures. All she knows how to do is blame white people. If I didn’t live my job as much as I do I would be out of Chicago so fast.

There is no way on God's green Earth I'd live there unless I was protected by Smith & Wesson at all times. I was just looking at Chicago's population which has been in decline since the 1950's. I guess that is when people could afford automobiles and moved out the burbs.

What percentage of the crimes and shootings are black people involved in? I worked for the state of Texas as a young man and black on black crime was the NUMBER ONE CRIME committed on a daily basis. Weekends were ugly to say the least.
07-05-2021 10:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.