Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT - NCSU baseball forfeits world series chance due to Covid19 tests
Bookmark and Share
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
What a complete pile of horse crap. Why in the world are they still testing college kids who play sports? It doesn't pose any serious threat to them, and for those who do feel at risk, if you want a vaccine there is nothing stopping you.

This insanity needs to end NOW. And there should be a huge uprising to end this before fall sports begins. The NCAA is a joke.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/wnba/va...ar-AALsHX4
06-26-2021 10:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billthebighawksfan Offline
All American

I Root For: UNCW
RE: OT - NCSU baseball forfeits world series chance due to Covid19 tests
How do you not get vaccinated given what we know? I feel bad for the players that did get vaccinated because they were team players. This is a shame and I blame Avent. This is not political at all but it is to him apparently. And, it starts at the top. To me, State was going to win it.
06-26-2021 11:53 AM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2021 11:53 AM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  How do you not get vaccinated given what we know? I feel bad for the players that did get vaccinated because they were team players. This is a shame and I blame Avent. This is not political at all but it is to him apparently. And, it starts at the top. To me, State was going to win it.

State was knocked out when 4 vaccinated players tested positive
06-26-2021 12:24 PM
82hawk Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
(06-26-2021 11:53 AM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  How do you not get vaccinated given what we know? I feel bad for the players that did get vaccinated because they were team players. This is a shame and I blame Avent. This is not political at all but it is to him apparently. And, it starts at the top. To me, State was going to win it.

Coomplete BS. College aged kids have no reason to get vaccinated, they aren't at risk. The testing nonsense is nothing more than a way to force people to do something they don't feel comfortable with. This isn't any players fault, it's a bunch of idiotic college administrators who run the NCAA. They should all be removed.
06-26-2021 12:46 PM
Gary Miller Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW Seahawks

This is what I know. The vaccine impacts individuals differently. I say this as someone who is fully vaccinated. I know someone who had an allergic reaction to the vaccine and ended up in the hospital for multiple days, the 2nd dose I got kicked my butt. I completely understand why a college athlete wouldn't get a vaccine that wasn't even available to them until late in the season. It's unfortunate circumstances but to point fingers at someone for not forcing his players to get the vaccine doesn't make much sense to me.
06-26-2021 12:48 PM
Advertisement

Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2021 12:24 PM)solohawks Wrote:  

State was knocked out when 4 vaccinated players tested positive

Yep this. So anyone blaming the unvaccinated players is misinformed. Like 82 said let the kids play the game!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021 12:52 PM by Seahawkhoops.)
06-26-2021 12:51 PM
All American

If vaccinated, they should have been able to play today imho. They did all that they could do so that’s not fair to them at all. The chances of them passing it on to someone else is much less likely from what I understand. This is quite unfortunate.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021 01:47 PM by billthebighawksfan.)
06-26-2021 01:45 PM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2021 01:45 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  If vaccinated, they should have been able to play today imho. They did all that they could do so that’s not fair to them at all. The chances of them passing it on to someone else is much less likely from what I understand. This is quite unfortunate.

So is announcing it at 2am and only testing vaccinated players because all the unvaccinated players passed
06-26-2021 02:25 PM
All American

Not sure I follow. State had unvaccinated players that were symptomatic and tested positive. I don’t think that the vaccinated players had symptoms but apparently still tested positive. Not sure why they tested them if they didn’t show symptoms knowing that they probably won’t spread it. You do need 2 weeks after shot 2 to have decent immunity.

I was vaccinated and definitely felt bad after shot 2. My whole family felt bad after the 2nd shot but that is a good thing because I know it was working.
06-26-2021 02:54 PM
Advertisement

All American

What about the fans btw? They’re not getting tested so that sounds a bit messed up too if you have different standards for players and fans. The ncaa needs to be consistent it appears unless I’m missing something.
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021 03:38 PM by billthebighawksfan.)
06-26-2021 03:35 PM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2021 02:54 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Not sure I follow. State had unvaccinated players that were symptomatic and tested positive. I don’t think that the vaccinated players had symptoms but apparently still tested positive. Not sure why they tested them if they didn’t show symptoms knowing that they probably won’t spread it. You do need 2 weeks after shot 2 to have decent immunity.

I was vaccinated and definitely felt bad after shot 2. My whole family felt bad after the 2nd shot but that is a good thing because I know it was working.

(06-26-2021 03:35 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  What about the fans btw? They’re not getting tested so that sounds a bit messed up too if you have different standards for players and fans. The ncaa needs to be consistent it appears unless I’m missing something.

After all State's unvaccinated players tested negative they then tested all State's vaccinated players. That's where the 4 positives came from. I don't know the rules and protocols but if you're going to test 1 team's vaccinated players you should IMO test them all since they were all exposed to each other. That didn't happen

As for the fans the tickets have been sold and refunding money isn't going to happen. This is the NCAA we are talking about
06-26-2021 04:52 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(06-26-2021 04:52 PM)solohawks Wrote:  
(06-26-2021 02:54 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Not sure I follow. State had unvaccinated players that were symptomatic and tested positive. I don’t think that the vaccinated players had symptoms but apparently still tested positive. Not sure why they tested them if they didn’t show symptoms knowing that they probably won’t spread it. You do need 2 weeks after shot 2 to have decent immunity.

(06-26-2021 03:35 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  What about the fans btw? They’re not getting tested so that sounds a bit messed up too if you have different standards for players and fans. The ncaa needs to be consistent it appears unless I’m missing something.

After all State's unvaccinated players tested negative they then tested all State's vaccinated players. That's where the 4 positives came from. I don't know the rules and protocols but if you're going to test 1 team's vaccinated players you should IMO test them all since they were all exposed to each other. That didn't happen

As for the fans the tickets have been sold and refunding money isn't going to happen. This is the NCAA we are talking about

From what I understand the NCAA is only testing unvaccinated players daily. Two unvaccinated came back positive for State which prompted them to test vaccinated players and 4 came back positive.

Daily, weekly, etc testing IMO is unnecessary and ridiculous. Mask mandates have been lifted for vaccinated people in all states…We need to move on as a society.

If you don’t have symptoms who exactly is the NCAA trying to protect? Unvaccinated players who have had months to get a vaccine? That’s on them if they get sick and that is the risk they are taking.

With that being said NC State only has themselves to blame. They knew the rules with testing. Not pushing players to get vaccinated is on the coach and AD.
06-26-2021 07:40 PM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

So the moral of the story is the NCAA doesn't care if you have COVID, just that you better be vaccinated so you cannot get caught having COVID.

Are we 100% sure there were no false postives?

4 vaccinated players testing positive is pretty remarkable
06-26-2021 08:30 PM
Advertisement

All American

If you are vaccinated, you’re not a threat. That is the reality of the situation. You can test positive but if vaccinated, you won’t shed enough to pass it on.
06-26-2021 08:51 PM
Seahawk2010 Offline
Special Teams

(06-26-2021 08:30 PM)solohawks Wrote:  So the moral of the story is the NCAA doesn't care if you have COVID, just that you better be vaccinated so you cannot get caught having COVID.

Are we 100% sure there were no false postives?

4 vaccinated players testing positive is pretty remarkable

Moral of the story is quit testing. It doesn’t make sense at this point.
06-26-2021 09:03 PM
solohawks Online
Hall of Famer

(06-26-2021 08:51 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  If you are vaccinated, you’re not a threat. That is the reality of the situation. You can test positive but if vaccinated, you won’t shed enough to pass it on.

No argument from me

There's a team in Raleigh that was told something different by the NCAA
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2021 11:06 PM by solohawks.)
06-26-2021 11:06 PM
bricksnivy Offline
All American

I hate it for the players. The NCAA is inconsistent in everything they do, and making the decision to disqualify a team at 2 AM feels wrong. My State friends shared something yesterday where the Douglas County Health Dept pushed back on the notion that they drove the decision. It was a fluid situation and I'm sure a difficult one, but the NCAA is a billion dollar business and they continue to operate like a poorly ran small business. It is frustrating!

Personally, I have no love for Avent and part of their fanbase (I'm not sure if it is fringe or not) has already made it hard to feel too sorry for them. I've seen them call for their AD to be fired, and blame UNC and John Swofford pointing to an ongoing orchestrated scheme to hold them back. "Neutral" media like Joe Giglio have also accused Tim Corbin of pushing NCST's disqualification, whereas national guys replied: Kendall Rogers, "That narrative needs to stop. Ridiculous." Aaron Fitt, "The absurd conspiracy theories and downright hateful thing people have tweeted about him this week are disgraceful."

NC State is so hard to cheer for and I was cheering for their baseball team. I liked the kids, but they'll turn this into an ongoing conspiracy and they'll NEVER stop. They continue to lose because they have a losers mentality that permeates their athletic department and their attempts to change that are met with resistance (which is why they love Debbie Yow and push back on Boo Corrigan). This is precisely why I wanted Keatts to wait for a better job; I think he is a winner, but he's swimming in the deep end with cinderblocks around his ankles.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021 07:39 AM by bricksnivy.)
06-28-2021 07:23 AM
Seahawkhoops Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-28-2021 07:23 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  This is precisely why I wanted Keatts to wait for a better job; I think he is a winner, but he's swimming in the deep end with cinderblocks around his ankles.

This is another topic entirely, with K and Roy retiring it's ripe for the picking, especially with two guys with no HC experience coming in. I'm guessing when KK took this job, somewhere in the thought process the fact that those retirements were looming had to play a factor.

BTW, i do agree their fan base is off the charts with the conspiracy theories. I used to sit at work next to a big State guy and it was something different every day!
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2021 07:37 AM by Seahawkhoops.)
06-28-2021 07:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.