Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Owl Club Giving-- TODAY IS THE DEADLINE!
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
For those who have yet to give to the Owl Club this financial year (with benefits good throughout the upcoming 2021/22 season for all our sports programs)...

The Owl Club giving year ends on June 30th, and the support of donors like you is more important than ever! By making a gift before June 30th, you allow Rice Athletics to invest in the TRUE student-athlete experience and give our Owls the resources they need to compete at the highest levels!

With 5 women's programs finishing the season ranked inside the Top 40 nationally, including 4 ranked within the Top 26 (soccer, basketball, volleyball, T&F)...4 different student-athletes earning first team all-american honors...the excitement generated by the recent hirings of Lindsey Edmonds (WBB) and Jose Cruz, Jr (baseball) as new head coaches...and the high expectations for the upcoming football, women's volleyball and men's basketball seasons, now would be a great time to show support for our sports programs and, especially, our student-athletes, who are such great representatives of the university.

Make a gift of $25 or more to the Owl Club Athletic Fund or anywhere in Rice Athletics to receive a pair of 2021 limited-edition Rice University "Shoot The Moon & Warm Your Soles" socks as appreciation for your support.

To show your support go to https://riceconnect.rice.edu/AthleticsRiceSocks or contact Mike Melendez at (713) 348-6970.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2021 08:48 AM by waltgreenberg.)
06-25-2021 02:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WRCisforgotten79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice
RE: Year End Owl Club Giving-- FREE SOCKS!
(06-25-2021 02:44 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  For those who have yet to give to the Owl Club this financial year (with benefits good throughout the upcoming 2021/22 season for all our sports programs)...

The Owl Club giving year ends on June 30th, and the support of donors like you is more important than ever! By making a gift before June 30th, you allow Rice Athletics to invest in the TRUE student-athlete experience and give our Owls the resources they need to compete at the highest levels!

With 5 women's programs finishing the season ranked inside the Top 40 nationally, including 3 ranked within the Top 26 (soccer, basketball, volleyball)...4 different student-athletes earning first team all-american honors...the excitement generated by the recent hirings of Lindsey Edmonds (WBB) and Jose Cruz, Jr (baseball) as new head coaches...and the high expectations for the upcoming football, women's volleyball and men's basketball seasons, now would be a great time to show support for our sports programs and, especially, our student-athletes, who are such great representatives of the university.

Make a gift of $25 or more to the Owl Club Athletic Fund or anywhere in Rice Athletics to receive a pair of 2021 limited-edition Rice University "Shoot The Moon & Warm Your Soles" socks as appreciation for your support.

To show your support go to https://riceconnect.rice.edu/AthleticsRiceSocks or contact Mike Melendez at (713) 348-6970.

Women's Outdoor Track & Field finished 21st at the NCAA Championships.
06-25-2021 04:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(06-25-2021 04:46 PM)WRCisforgotten79 Wrote:  
(06-25-2021 02:44 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  For those who have yet to give to the Owl Club this financial year (with benefits good throughout the upcoming 2021/22 season for all our sports programs)...

With 5 women's programs finishing the season ranked inside the Top 40 nationally, including 3 ranked within the Top 26 (soccer, basketball, volleyball)...4 different student-athletes earning first team all-american honors...the excitement generated by the recent hirings of Lindsey Edmonds (WBB) and Jose Cruz, Jr (baseball) as new head coaches...and the high expectations for the upcoming football, women's volleyball and men's basketball seasons, now would be a great time to show support for our sports programs and, especially, our student-athletes, who are such great representatives of the university.

Women's Outdoor Track & Field finished 21st at the NCAA Championships.

Thanks for the correction. I edited my above post.
06-25-2021 05:38 PM
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Here's a better picture of the socks, with the soccer team modeling them...

https://twitter.com/RiceOwlClub/status/1...4419898372
06-25-2021 05:49 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
RE: Owl Club Giving-- TODAY'S THE DEADLINE!
Just a final reminder-- Wednesday is the last day to give during this financial year.

For the 2021 -22 year Rice Athletics plans to operate at 100% capacity and making a gift today unlocks your benefits for the year. As an FYI, here's the benefits chart: http://www.riceowlclub.com/sports/2019/6...chart.aspx

A GIFT BY JUNE 30TH UNLOCKS BENEFITS FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON
Giving in a calendar year vs. fiscal year is confusing. Here’s a quick explanation: A gift made to the Owl Club Athletic Fund during a fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th) unlocks benefits for athletics events occurring in the following fiscal year, or the upcoming sports seasons.

Again, here's the link for giving and for securing your limited edition Rice socks...

https://riceconnect.rice.edu/ricesocks?e...906150af67
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2021 08:47 AM by waltgreenberg.)
06-28-2021 03:58 PM
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
bump. Today is the deadline.
06-30-2021 08:47 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: Owl Club Giving-- TODAY IS THE DEADLINE!
(06-30-2021 08:47 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  bump. Today is the deadline.

Thanks for the reminder. Done!
06-30-2021 01:11 PM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I just can't do it.

If things turn around, I will jump back on board, and hiring Cheito as baseball coach could be a big first step in that direction. But there is just too much that has gone too far wrong for me to be able to hop back onboard on the strength of that.

Maybe it's because of my long-standing respect and friendship for Wayne. Heck, I was screaming at Bobby to hire him for years before he did. But that whole situation was just the final straw, and there are too many other things about the university's direction that trouble me. I have given well into six figures and will never hit seven regardless, but I just can't right now.

Rice University was pretty close to perfect for me when I went there, but it would not be on my short list today. I am pretty sure I would end up at Notre Dame. And I'm protestant.
06-30-2021 05:46 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(06-30-2021 05:46 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I just can't do it.

If things turn around, I will jump back on board, and hiring Cheito as baseball coach could be a big first step in that direction. But there is just too much that has gone too far wrong for me to be able to hop back onboard on the strength of that.

Maybe it's because of my long-standing respect and friendship for Wayne. Heck, I was screaming at Bobby to hire him for years before he did. But that whole situation was just the final straw, and there are too many other things about the university's direction that trouble me. I have given well into six figures and will never hit seven regardless, but I just can't right now.

Rice University was pretty close to perfect for me when I went there, but it would not be on my short list today. I am pretty sure I would end up at Notre Dame. And I'm protestant.

And you've said exacts same thing multiple times already. We get it. You're entitled to your own feelings and perspective, but do you really have to do on this thread? Couldn't you just ignore it rather than being Debbie Downer?
06-30-2021 07:21 PM
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
I made a gift today in memory of the great Courtney Hall.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2021 11:48 PM by georgewebb.)
06-30-2021 11:47 PM
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
I had been out like 69,70,75.

But count me in like Jose Cruz Jr.

Just my .02
06-30-2021 11:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.