Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* Promises To Fly Gay Pride Flags ‘Around The World,’ Except Where Homosexuals..
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* Promises To Fly Gay Pride Flags ‘Around The World,’ Except Where Homosexuals..
Quote:Three days into Pride Month, the month commemorating the 1969 Stonewall riots and celebrating gay pride, rainbow flags line the streets of America, waving from restaurants and bars, grocery stores, malls, and, now, thanks to the Biden administration, many U.S. embassies around the world.

Unsurprisingly, rainbow flags only fly in countries where lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people already have rights — and unsurprisingly, the Biden administration has nothing to say about it.

A statement released by the U.S. Embassy in Nassau on Tuesday said the Bahamas embraced the Biden administration’s “worldwide effort” to “highlight the contributions of LGBTQI+ persons around the world,” and that each U.S. embassy was invited to “fly the Pride Flag or light up their embassies with rainbow colors this month.”

The U.S. Department of State’s official message of pride month is: “You are included.” Many nations, however, have decided to forego Biden’s call to wave the flag high.

Seventy-one foreign nations criminalize private same-sex sexual activity, and 70 of those countries have a U.S. embassy or consulate. Saudi Arabia actively executes people accused of same-sex sexual activity, while killings of sexual minorities take place in at least 11 countries. Five countries implement the death penalty for same-sex activity, and the death penalty is a possible punishment in six more.

Despite the Biden administration’s efforts, none of those nations appear too prideful this month — at least on their flag posts.

Several U.S. Embassies in the Middle East, including in Jeddah, Riyadh, Dhahran, Logos, and Islamabad did not respond to The Federalist’s request to know if each respective embassy will hang a pride flag this month.

In May, Secretary of State Antony Blinken issued authorization for U.S. diplomatic outposts to raise the pride flag, according to a cable obtained by Foreign Policy. Blinken’s cable also noted that a pride flag outside some embassies — such as the ones in countries that criminalize same-sex activity — could do more harm than good.

“Posts should support efforts to repeal [criminalization] legislation, while ensuring that ‘do no harm’ remains our overarching principle so U.S. efforts do not inadvertently result in backlash or further marginalization of the LGBTQI+ community,” the cable read.

Contrary to Bliken’s message, the White House released a statement on June 1 announcing that the Biden-Harris administration would “ensure pride flags fly on U.S. Embassies around the world,” demonstrating that “the United States will lead on LGBTSI+ human rights around the world.”

The U.S. Embassy to the Holy See announced its decision to wave a pride flag right outside the Vatican, and numerous U.S. embassies in Western Europe are now flaunting the rainbow flag. Though Biden will wave the flag in the Vatican’s face or hoist it in Germany and Brazil (where the Trump administration previously denied requests from both embassies to fly pride flags), that’s not the case in nations where persecuted LGBT people could stand to benefit.

According to the statement, “The Biden-Harris Administration is a consistent and reliable partner in the fight for equality at home and abroad.” But actions speak louder than words.

The only places the Biden administration is comfortable raising the pride flag are where LGBT folks are most protected, but confining pride to areas where it’s already accepted is just another example of hypocritic virtue-signaling from the Democrat executive.

Link
06-07-2021 02:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
RE: Biden* Promises To Fly Gay Pride Flags ‘Around The World,’ Except Where Homosexuals..
Total BS. Our embassies should fly the flag of the United States. Not Black Lies Matter, not Tranny Lives Matter, not LGBQTIARSMNOP Alphabet people's symbol of sexual preference.

Just to show his @ss to the world, Biden even has the "pride" flag flying at the Vatican embassy, basically as a big middle finger to the teachings of Christianity.
06-07-2021 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Biden* Promises To Fly Gay Pride Flags ‘Around The World,’ Except Where Homosexuals..
At least the places that fly the froot flag make them easy to avoid
06-07-2021 03:00 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
But Sloe's* a devout Catholic!

Abortion on demand and all...
06-07-2021 03:03 PM
Advertisement

No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
(06-07-2021 03:03 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  But Sloe's* a devout Catholic!

He even reads Palms daily!
06-07-2021 03:04 PM
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(06-07-2021 03:04 PM)No2rdame Wrote:  
(06-07-2021 03:03 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  But Sloe's* a devout Catholic!

He even reads Palms daily!

03-lmfao

There's so much dumbassery on a daily basis I had forgotten that one.

I tried to struggle through his rambling, mumbling, bumbling "speech" for Memorial Day, my gosh what have "we" gotten in to?!?
06-07-2021 03:10 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(06-07-2021 03:10 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  I tried to struggle through his rambling, mumbling, bumbling "speech" for Memorial Day, my gosh what have "we" gotten in to?!?

why? The only parts of his speech worth listening to are the clips of him losing his train of thought, mispronouncing words, etc. He is like Obama in that they're both such POS dumbfks that they arent worth the waste of time to listen to them.
06-07-2021 03:35 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

03-lmfao

Yea, well lesson learned.

Again.

I try man, I try. 03-lmfao
06-07-2021 03:51 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(06-07-2021 03:00 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  At least the places that fly the froot flag make them easy to avoid

I was thinking that. If any establishments wishes to fly that flag I also have the right not to give it my money. I don't believe in that lifestyle and I sure as heck am not going to help the cause. Heck, whole cities have been wiped off the face of the earth because of that perverted lifestyle.

PS, I am not a homophobe, I have no fear of them.
06-07-2021 05:17 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(06-07-2021 05:17 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(06-07-2021 03:00 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  At least the places that fly the froot flag make them easy to avoid

I was thinking that. If any establishments wishes to fly that flag I also have the right not to give it my money. I don't believe in that lifestyle and I sure as heck am not going to help the cause. Heck, whole cities have been wiped off the face of the earth because of that perverted lifestyle.

Just out of curiosity, what cities were wiped off the face of the earth because of gay people?
06-07-2021 08:23 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Just because I am legally required to tolerate certain behaviors and lifestyles that do not fall within my ethical standards (and I am OK with that) does not mean that I or my children will participate in any activity that supports or celebrates such behaviors. Tolerance does not equal support, and just because something is legal, does not make it moral or ethical for everyone. This type of thinking is the result of the Government taking the place of religion in defining the ethical standards of our country.
06-07-2021 10:29 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(06-07-2021 08:23 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(06-07-2021 05:17 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

Just out of curiosity, what cities were wiped off the face of the earth because of gay people?

How about Sodom, you know, as in sodomy. One historical account that Jews, Christians and Muslims all agree on.
06-08-2021 01:02 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
They must be doing something wrong because I have not seen one gay pride flag all month.
06-08-2021 12:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.