Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News You Will Be Proud to See How This Oklahoma Teaching Assistant Is Fighting White Supre
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
You Will Be Proud to See How This Oklahoma Teaching Assistant Is Fighting White Supre
Quote:As we go through our daily lives, working to support our families, spending time with the kids, and avoiding the news, it is easy to overlook the fact that we have everyday heroes among us. These individuals are bringing America closer to societal nirvana through their selfless acts of virtue. In this particular story, we have Jessica Bridges, an Oklahoma State University teaching assistant who is on the front lines in the battle against white supremacy.

During a Southern Connecticut State University’s 2021 Virtual Women’s and Gender Studies Conference held on Zoom, Bridges discussed the methods she is using to make for a less racist America. She noted that “racism originates with and is perpetuated by white people” and that “white isn’t right.” The teaching assistant then unveiled her plan to push back against the white racist power structure: She will not teach Spanish.

Why?

You guessed it – because she is a white woman.

Bridges indicated that she would confront her “internalized white supremacy” by refusing to teach the Spanish language to students. “Learning Spanish from a White woman, I wish I could go back and tell my students not to learn power or correctness from this White woman,” she explained.

The educator continued: “Dismantling white supremacy in society looks like dismantling in my heart first. It means I’m not going to teach Spanish.”

Fox News reported:

According to the same LinkedIn profile, Bridges received a Master’s Degree in Spanish Language, Literature, and Culture from the University of Northern Iowa in 2013. She had previously taught Spanish at Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville, Kentucky from 2004-2014.

The video clip showing Bridges making these comments circulated on social media, with many ridiculing the remarks. But she was not the only one who made absurd statements during the conference.

A professor attending the meeting argued that the university should only hire Critical Race Theory and anti-racist teachers. Another claimed white female teachers who were raised in the suburbs have “deficit views” of black children.

The meeting seems to have been more of a white guilt summit than a confab of educators. The participants appear to be exhibiting the type of verbal self-flagellation that has become commonplace on the hard left, which constantly seeks to cast everyday white folks as vicious oppressors. The way the left manipulates people like Bridges is insidious – by convincing these people to believe they are somehow guilty of oppressing minorities, they dupe them into becoming eager evangelists for woke orthodoxy.

Unfortunately, many of the nation’s learning institutions are churning out more and more of these types of individuals. At this point, is there anything that can be done? Possibly. But it would require those who oppose wokeism to garner more influence in the culture and the world of education. Is the conservative movement up to the task?

Link

“Learning Spanish from a White woman, I wish I could go back and tell my students not to learn power or correctness from this White woman,”

They didn't go to you to be taught "power or correctness;" they went to you to be taught the Spanish language.
06-04-2021 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
RE: You Will Be Proud to See How This Oklahoma Teaching Assistant Is Fighting White Supre
(06-04-2021 12:56 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:As we go through our daily lives, working to support our families, spending time with the kids, and avoiding the news, it is easy to overlook the fact that we have everyday heroes among us. These individuals are bringing America closer to societal nirvana through their selfless acts of virtue. In this particular story, we have Jessica Bridges, an Oklahoma State University teaching assistant who is on the front lines in the battle against white supremacy.

During a Southern Connecticut State University’s 2021 Virtual Women’s and Gender Studies Conference held on Zoom, Bridges discussed the methods she is using to make for a less racist America. She noted that “racism originates with and is perpetuated by white people” and that “white isn’t right.” The teaching assistant then unveiled her plan to push back against the white racist power structure: She will not teach Spanish.

Why?

You guessed it – because she is a white woman.

Bridges indicated that she would confront her “internalized white supremacy” by refusing to teach the Spanish language to students. “Learning Spanish from a White woman, I wish I could go back and tell my students not to learn power or correctness from this White woman,” she explained.

The educator continued: “Dismantling white supremacy in society looks like dismantling in my heart first. It means I’m not going to teach Spanish.”

Fox News reported:

According to the same LinkedIn profile, Bridges received a Master’s Degree in Spanish Language, Literature, and Culture from the University of Northern Iowa in 2013. She had previously taught Spanish at Jefferson County Public Schools in Louisville, Kentucky from 2004-2014.

The video clip showing Bridges making these comments circulated on social media, with many ridiculing the remarks. But she was not the only one who made absurd statements during the conference.

A professor attending the meeting argued that the university should only hire Critical Race Theory and anti-racist teachers. Another claimed white female teachers who were raised in the suburbs have “deficit views” of black children.

The meeting seems to have been more of a white guilt summit than a confab of educators. The participants appear to be exhibiting the type of verbal self-flagellation that has become commonplace on the hard left, which constantly seeks to cast everyday white folks as vicious oppressors. The way the left manipulates people like Bridges is insidious – by convincing these people to believe they are somehow guilty of oppressing minorities, they dupe them into becoming eager evangelists for woke orthodoxy.

Unfortunately, many of the nation’s learning institutions are churning out more and more of these types of individuals. At this point, is there anything that can be done? Possibly. But it would require those who oppose wokeism to garner more influence in the culture and the world of education. Is the conservative movement up to the task?

Link

“Learning Spanish from a White woman, I wish I could go back and tell my students not to learn power or correctness from this White woman,”

They didn't go to you to be taught "power or correctness;" they went to you to be taught the Spanish language.

It's a good thing there aren't any white people in Spain or white people in all of Latin America that speak Spanish. 04-chairshot
06-04-2021 01:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
RE: You Will Be Proud to See How This Oklahoma Teaching Assistant Is Fighting White Supre
Racists white people don't want children to learn or speak Spanish period. It doesn't matter who teaches it.
06-08-2021 09:00 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.