Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Huskie Stadium Capacity and Season Ticket Update
Bookmark and Share
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Thought this deserved a new fresh thread.

I received the following email from NIU Athletics today.

Quote:Dear Huskie Season Ticket Member,

Thank you for your continued and generous support of NIU Football! As you have probably heard, Illinois will be entering the Bridge To Phase 5 in the Restore Illinois plan beginning on Friday, May 14, which means NIU Athletics will be able to operate at a minimum of 60% capacity for events at Huskie Stadium this fall. The state of Illinois is expected to fully reopen and enter Phase 5 of its COVID-19 Restore Illinois plan in June barring any significant reversals in the key COVID-19 statewide indicators. As such, NIU Athletics is very excited to reopen Huskie Stadium to season ticket members, donors and fans for the upcoming 2021 NIU Football season.

With the season ticket renewal deadline approaching on June 1, I wanted to reach out and share the operational plan under each scenario. At 60% capacity, we are able to host all NIU Football season ticket members. Guidelines still dictate that social distancing needs to observed, and we encourage all season ticket members to renew their season tickets now. Should any seat locations need to be adjusted based on social-distance guidelines, priority and preference will be reserved for those that renew by the June 1 deadline. Ticket Office and HAF staff will communicate with season ticket members as we monitor the situation with the state and local guidelines.

At Phase 5, Huskie Stadium will be at 100% capacity and can accommodate all season ticket members, Huskie Athletic Fund members and fans. This includes mini plans, groups and single game ticket purchasers and will allow for all season ticket members to continue with their reserved season ticket location. We are encouraged with the Bridge to Phase 5 reopening plan and are hopeful Huskie Stadium will be at 100% capacity with normal seating for the upcoming football season.

Renew Your Tickets Today: You can renew your season tickets online through your MY HUSKIES Account or by phone at 815-753-PACK (7225). If you call the PACK line and reach the voice mail, please leave your information and a member of the staff will contact you the next business day. If you would like a PDF copy of the invoice, please email us at huskiestickets@niu.edu and we will get it out to you quickly.

In order to limit physical contact between game-day staff and Huskie fans, NIU Athletics is transitioning from physical tickets to mobile tickets. Physical tickets will be printed on generic ticket stock and will be mailed out in August if requested. In order to provide a safe, contact-less entry, it is highly encouraged to use mobile tickets and barcodes will be issued later this summer. Please reply to this email indicating if you will require physical tickets.

Once again, I’d like to thank you for your continued support of NIU Football! Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions regarding your season tickets. I look forward to seeing you at Huskie Stadium for the 2021 season!

Go Huskies!

Collin Bruning
Assistant Athletic Director- Ticket Operations
815-752-6866 | cbruning@niu.edu
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021 10:42 AM by epasnoopy.)
05-13-2021 10:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
I got a personal e-mail from STF, who told me that I would not be allowed in Huskie Stadium no matter if restrictions are lifted or not. He said that he does not want me spreading my toxicity to other fans (and, in particular, to his mega donors). Reading between the lines, do you think he’s trying to tell me something?

I wrote back to him and thanked him for his concern for his mega-donors. But, I told him that I have no interest in entering Huskie Stadium anyway as long as it is devoid of hot dogs. Maybe he got the message, and there will be hot dogs for the rest of you this year!
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021 03:06 PM by Dog Fan.)
05-13-2021 03:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
RE: Huskie Stadium Capacity and Season Ticket Update
(05-13-2021 03:06 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  I got a personal e-mail from STF, who told me that I would not be allowed in Huskie Stadium no matter if restrictions are lifted or not. He said that he does not want me spreading my toxicity to other fans (and, in particular, to his mega donors). Reading between the lines, do you think he’s trying to tell me something?

I wrote back to him and thanked him for his concern for his mega-donors. But, I told him that I have no interest in entering Huskie Stadium anyway as long as it is devoid of hot dogs. Maybe he got the message, and there will be hot dogs for the rest of you this year!

Rumor has it you are "agent 0" when it comes to the covid-19 pandemic.
05-13-2021 08:00 PM
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
I don't know if they still do it, but a couple years back the concession stands near the top of the stadium used to sell their remaining hot dogs for a buck each at the end of games. My son and I used to grab like four on our way out, good eating as we listened to the Bill Baker postgame show on the ride home.
05-13-2021 08:59 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(05-13-2021 08:59 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  I don't know if they still do it, but a couple years back the concession stands near the top of the stadium used to sell their remaining hot dogs for a buck each at the end of games. My son and I used to grab like four on our way out, good eating as we listened to the Bill Baker postgame show on the ride home.

I REMEMBER THAT!!!! Circa 2006-2011 for me.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2021 09:13 PM by HawaiiToNIU.)
05-13-2021 09:13 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-13-2021 08:59 PM)NIU1981 Wrote:  I don't know if they still do it, but a couple years back the concession stands near the top of the stadium used to sell their remaining hot dogs for a buck each at the end of games. My son and I used to grab like four on our way out, good eating as we listened to the Bill Baker postgame show on the ride home.

My goodness! There were actually hot dogs available.....and at the END of the game?!
05-14-2021 08:30 AM
Advertisement

klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

That would have affected my stop at Tom and Jerry's for a Gyros
05-14-2021 01:09 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-14-2021 01:09 PM)klake87 Wrote:  

You need to stay away from Tom & Jerry’s! That gyros will give you tremendous intestinal gas (as well as bad breath). But, then again, so would a few Huskie Stadium hot dogs. So, I guess you can go ahead and enjoy the gyros.....and enjoy farting at will!
05-14-2021 02:32 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-14-2021 02:32 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

You need to stay away from Tom & Jerry’s! That gyros will give you tremendous intestinal gas (as well as bad breath). But, then again, so would a few Huskie Stadium hot dogs. So, I guess you can go ahead and enjoy the gyros.....and enjoy farting at will!

Yeah my days at T & J and having cajun fried potato salad are limited. DeKalb is no longer one hour away.
05-14-2021 02:45 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-14-2021 02:45 PM)klake87 Wrote:  

Yeah my days at T & J and having cajun fried potato salad are limited. DeKalb is no longer one hour away.

If you ever go to Fatty’s and then Tom & Jerry’s, I will no longer allow you to sit on my lap. Unless, of course, I have my typical Huskie Stadium lunch of 4 hot dogs smothered in freshly cut onions (and other condiments) and nachos, all washed down with a couple beers. Then, my lap will be yours!!
05-14-2021 03:11 PM
HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Online
All American

I Root For: Huskies
(05-14-2021 03:11 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

If you ever go to Fatty’s and then Tom & Jerry’s, I will no longer allow you to sit on my lap. Unless, of course, I have my typical Huskie Stadium lunch of 4 hot dogs smothered in freshly cut onions (and other condiments) and nachos, all washed down with a couple beers. Then, my lap will be yours!!

The onions are freshly cut?
05-17-2021 10:43 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(05-17-2021 10:43 AM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  
(05-14-2021 01:09 PM)klake87 Wrote:  That would have affected my stop at Tom and Jerry's for a Gyros

The onions are freshly cut?

For sure! I always carry an onion with me and cut it up on the spot to smother my hot dogs. People walking past me ask if everything is alright because they are concerned about the tears streaming down my face. When concessions runs out of hot dogs (a frequent occurrence), I sometimes ask them for a bun and then fill it with onions and eat it (sans hot dog). I try to get my fill - one way or another!
05-17-2021 11:40 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Georgia Tech I can sit on your lap. Then I don't have to buy a ticket.
05-17-2021 03:31 PM
Huckin' Fuskie Offline
Bench Warmer

Yep, stick with the pizza puffs.

05-17-2021 05:26 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Huskie Stadium allowed full capacity and found out all the other football ticket plans will go on sale July 12.
06-18-2021 10:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(06-18-2021 10:07 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Huskie Stadium allowed full capacity and found out all the other football ticket plans will go on sale July 12.

Yes, I got the e-mail the other day. Great news! Let's hope we can coast into August/September without another spike in the pandemic.

I was at a wedding this weekend. No one wore masks, and there was a lot of hugging, kissing, and hand shaking. You would never know we went through a major pandemic. The funny thing is that a few days before this we would still be under some COVID restrictions.
06-18-2021 10:17 AM
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Looks like it is barely cheaper to buy a 3 ticket mini plan ($79) than a full season ticket ($85). Then the four game mini plans ($107) actually cost $39 more.

Guess I'll just go ahead and buy two full season tickets even though I'll only make it to one game.

https://niuhuskies.com/news/2021/7/13/ni...e-now.aspx

[Image: Victor_Es_Mini_Plan.png]

[Image: Missions_Mini_Plan.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2021 05:09 PM by epasnoopy.)
07-13-2021 05:06 PM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
The mini plans get you reserved seats on the west side while the $85 season ticket gets you general admission on the east.
07-14-2021 01:05 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(07-14-2021 01:05 PM)Max Power Wrote:  The mini plans get you reserved seats on the west side while the $85 season ticket gets you general admission on the east.

I'd much rather be on the East side, which also has the new beer tent/sales area. I don’t want to be yelled at for standing and cheering on my Huskies.
07-14-2021 03:18 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(07-14-2021 03:18 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(07-14-2021 01:05 PM)Max Power Wrote:  The mini plans get you reserved seats on the west side while the $85 season ticket gets you general admission on the east.

I'd much rather be on the East side, which also has the new beer tent/sales area. I don’t want to be yelled at for standing and cheering on my Huskies.

If you stand and cheer on the East side, I'll yell at you from the West side to sit down. Plus, I would appreciate your phone number so I can call and text you to sit down. We must maintain an air of dignity and decorum throughout Huskie Stadium and standing is simply not proper from ladies and gentlemen. Now......sit down and shut the hell up!!!!
07-14-2021 04:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.