UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone know what the Stadium Club level amenities are?
pbt140 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U
Anyone know what the Stadium Club level amenities are?
I have not heard anything except that they would be 'announced soon' and that was like in the first of the year. If anyone one has heard please let me know.
05-07-2021 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
RE: Anyone know what the Stadium Club level amenities are?
(05-07-2021 10:33 AM)pbt140 Wrote:  I have not heard anything except that they would be 'announced soon' and that was like in the first of the year. If anyone one has heard please let me know.

I think they’ll have something set up like the green and gold room in basketball. Pregame meal and snacks, but not positive.
05-07-2021 01:41 PM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
I was told “it will be to football what the green & good room is to basketball, but a lot better”—what exactly that means, I couldn’t say
05-07-2021 01:44 PM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

Donators
[Image: render_club.jpg]

From the rendering it looks much like the setup of the box at Legion Field only more expansive. I spot a bar or two, seats overlooking the field and bar height tables indicating food service.
05-07-2021 03:20 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
They have some experience from the "Club rooms" at Legion Field and can improve from there. Since there is no background experience for this new stadium's accommodations, I would expect some "learning curve" to take place as the staff and patrons learn from it. Over the 2021 five home games, there will be some "we are out of "this", but we have plenty of "that" since tastes vary. No one will starve, but a few may overindulge (except at the cash bars - LOL).

A lot will depend upon the nature of the concessions as to whether they are still run by amateurs for charitable causes using untrained volunteer workers (like at Legion Field) or name brand offerings prepared and served by those who have experience in food service.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021 03:34 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
05-07-2021 03:21 PM
Advertisement

DuelingDragon Offline
All American

New food vendor at Legion Field. Literally no history at Legion Field, from food to staffing to seat licenses to parking, applies. Let’s please adjust expectations.

The food vendor is Centerplate. They do food at many of the modern pro stadiums. If you have been to one, you know it ain’t Legion dogs served by the band booster club. And you know they often incorporate prominent local restaurants in these markets. This will be true at Protective also.

https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2021/...late-deal/

https://www.al.com/news/2021/02/crafting...xpert.html

Bottom line is we’re about to have a first-class stadium experience that most of us have never enjoyed, certainly not at UAB games and rarely in other college venues. It’s going to be more like pro games in Nashville and Atlanta and, yes, Regions Field — good food, good views, care taken in how things are laid out, etc.

Those of us who have been dragging friends out to Legion are about to find they enjoy it a lot more and want to come back with us to Protective.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021 04:48 PM by DuelingDragon.)
05-07-2021 04:37 PM
pbt140 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U
Thanks for the replies!
05-08-2021 09:52 AM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

BlazerTalk Award
I must admit that I have been to only two major league games at major league stadiums in my life. I ate a hot dog at a New York Giants game vs the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field as a teen , not realizing that two years later both teams would be in California. The second was a playoff game with the Braves vs the Mets (I think) at the "Ted". I do remember that the food offerings at the Ted were very impressive based on what I was used to at Rickwood and Legion Field.

I sincerely hope that "DD's" optimism about Centerplate "pro sport venues" is borne out to fruition. A lot will depend upon the strength of cash flow from patrons at the games. An old joke is about the preacher who brought the Ten Commandments and a twenty dollar bill to an event and didn't break either one. If good food in great variety is to be realized, there must be enough money to "grease the wheels" of commerce.
05-08-2021 05:01 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

(05-08-2021 05:01 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  I must admit that I have been to only two major league games at major league stadiums in my life. I ate a hot dog at a New York Giants game vs the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field as a teen , not realizing that two years later both teams would be in California.

You may have seen these two gentlemen at that game04-bow (Bham native Willie Mays turned 90 the other day)
[Image: 0*d9dBv-UKIsspfmIq.jpg]
05-08-2021 05:42 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

BlazerTalk Award
(05-08-2021 05:42 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  
(05-08-2021 05:01 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  I must admit that I have been to only two major league games at major league stadiums in my life. I ate a hot dog at a New York Giants game vs the Brooklyn Dodgers at Ebbets Field as a teen , not realizing that two years later both teams would be in California.

You may have seen these two gentlemen at that game04-bow (Bham native Willie Mays turned 90 the other day)
[Image: 0*d9dBv-UKIsspfmIq.jpg]

Willie Mays may have been there and Jackie Robinson probably was there as well. I was just a grade school kid and didn't know any better. For whatever reason, the only name that stayed with me was Carl Furillo (sp?)
05-08-2021 05:49 PM
Plaid Blazer Offline
Bench Warmer

Remember Stadium Club level was planned to also host events on its own so there will be some size to the Stadium Club. I would expect a much larger room than the room at Regions Field above the third base side. The final design included five clubs – two premium clubs and three general admission.

I have high expectations for Club level at both Protective and the BJCC. Newer stadium clubs are very nice. The premium clubs will be nothing like Birmingham has seen before. Reminds me of when a grammar school show band kid once turned to me and said, "We about to pop your eyes out!" They did.
(This post was last modified: 05-18-2021 11:50 PM by Plaid Blazer.)
05-18-2021 11:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.