Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Crucial Decisions Loom for MU BOG....
Bookmark and Share
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Crucial Decisions Loom for MU BOG....
With Dr. Gilbert leaving and now strong rumors of Hamrick’s contract not being renewed, there are going to be two GIGANTIC pairs of shoes to fill that are going to determine the future trajectory of Marshall academics and athletics.

It has been suggested that former coach Bobby Pruett is in line for the AD slot, but his age and health could be called into question. I just hope the BOG makes the right choices.
05-05-2021 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: Crucial Decisions Loom for MU BOG....
No No and HELL TO THE NO to Pruett as AD, not even as interim AD. He is older than D'Antoni at 77. Mike Hamrick was 52 when he took over at Marshall and if he wasn't a Marshall grad his age would have been brought into question.

If Hamrick is on on his way out then Im going to put my trust in President Gilbert and the BOG to get this hire right. I want a younger energetic AD that will know how to raise money, build facilities and also have a few connections.

Just like when Dan steps down, I want a younger coach. Hiring Dan at the time we did was the right move but once he is gone I want some younger blood in the program.
05-05-2021 08:41 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
I'll be the AD right now if they need one.

I have a Masters in Sports Administration, and a 2x MU grad. Would be a dream job for a lot of us.

But in all seriousness, yeah that's crazy news. Honestly, their will be good candidates that will pop up. I'm not too worried. We have a good program and we should be able to attract a good president and a great new young AD.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021 11:52 PM by rileylives.)
05-05-2021 11:52 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
Hopefully your Governor doesn't get involved.
05-06-2021 07:18 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(05-06-2021 07:18 AM)mturn017 Wrote:  Hopefully your Governor doesn't get involved.

No doubt.
05-06-2021 01:06 PM
Advertisement

Flat Tire 2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I would expect the new President to make the AD choice. The rumor is that Bob would be a temporary AD until a new one is picked. There are some strong assistant AD in the department that can handle the day to day operations.
05-06-2021 04:31 PM
CoachMaclid Offline
All American

(05-06-2021 04:31 PM)Flat Tire 2 Wrote:  I would expect the new President to make the AD choice. The rumor is that Bob would be a temporary AD until a new one is picked. There are some strong assistant AD in the department that can handle the day to day operations.

You realize Gilbert set his retirement date out 15 months? He’s still here for a while…
05-06-2021 06:05 PM
Advertisement

Flat Tire 2 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(05-06-2021 06:05 PM)CoachMaclid Wrote:  
(05-06-2021 04:31 PM)Flat Tire 2 Wrote:  I would expect the new President to make the AD choice. The rumor is that Bob would be a temporary AD until a new one is picked. There are some strong assistant AD in the department that can handle the day to day operations.

You realize Gilbert set his retirement date out 15 months? He’s still here for a while…

I know that, but he may be gone before that date.
(This post was last modified: 05-07-2021 07:13 AM by Flat Tire 2.)
05-07-2021 07:13 AM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
(05-05-2021 11:52 PM)rileylives Wrote:  I'll be the AD right now if they need one.

I have a Masters in Sports Administration, and a 2x MU grad. Would be a dream job for a lot of us.

But in all seriousness, yeah that's crazy news. Honestly, their will be good candidates that will pop up. I'm not too worried. We have a good program and we should be able to attract a good president and a great new young AD.

I'll vote for you!
05-07-2021 08:56 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(05-07-2021 08:56 AM)GreenBison Wrote:  
(05-05-2021 11:52 PM)rileylives Wrote:  I'll be the AD right now if they need one.

I'll vote for you!

It's all about the rolodex. How many other ADs and big donors do you have on speed dial? Everything else the interns can do, lol.
05-07-2021 09:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.