Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Vaccine and sporting events
Bookmark and Share
dcg141 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Leaving the AAC
Some MLB teams are wanting to require a vaccine card to attend games and the states are telling them they can't. Buffalo's professional teams sent out a statement and Cuomo shot back that they can't. Texas and FL has or is going to pass legislation that you can't. Lawyers are saying they can. There is a supreme court case from the polio vaccine they ruled in favor of public safety. Just wonder how far this will go and be played out in court.
05-04-2021 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mempho_to_diego Offline
2 legit 2 quit

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Vaccine and sporting events
Just get the damn vaccine.
05-04-2021 10:29 AM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(05-04-2021 10:29 AM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  Just get the damn vaccine.

Yes

(but why do I doubt this will be the tenor of this clearly baiting thread)
05-04-2021 10:34 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon

No, thank you.
05-04-2021 10:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigertaylor Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
(05-04-2021 10:34 AM)Mimi Wrote:  

Yes

(but why do I doubt this will be the tenor of this clearly baiting thread)

Master baiting indeed
05-04-2021 10:37 AM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

(05-04-2021 10:35 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

No, thank you.

No thanks here, too.
05-04-2021 10:40 AM
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
They're allowing us to renew the indoor Stadium Club seats as if we will be at 100% capacity. They're waiting to hear back from the county on whether they think the capacity restrictions will be lifted before we get back. I chose to sit in the new Outdoor Club seating last year, and actually liked it better than sitting indoors.

Because they don't know if the indoor club will be able to be at 100% capacity, they don't yet know how the outdoor area will work (or if any seats will be available). There was some discussion about selling them separate from the indoor seats.
05-04-2021 10:40 AM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

(05-04-2021 10:40 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  They're allowing us to renew the indoor Stadium Club seats as if we will be at 100% capacity. They're waiting to hear back from the county on whether they think the capacity restrictions will be lifted before we get back. I chose to sit in the new Outdoor Club seating last year, and actually liked it better than sitting indoors.

Because they don't know if the indoor club will be able to be at 100% capacity, they don't yet know how the outdoor area will work (or if any seats will be available). There was some discussion about selling them separate from the indoor seats.

You have Club Seats? First I've heard you mention it.
05-04-2021 10:58 AM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

Or there will be the people that got the vaccine who will chose not to attend large events until the vaccine rate reaches herd immunity. If the unvaccinated want to risk it, have at it.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 11:01 AM by Mr_XcentricK.)
05-04-2021 11:01 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
(05-04-2021 11:01 AM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  Or there will be the people that got the vaccine who will chose not to attend large events until the vaccine rate reaches herd immunity. If the unvaccinated want to risk it, have at it.

Thank you. That is what life is about. Assessing risk, and rolling with it.
05-04-2021 11:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-04-2021 11:01 AM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  Or there will be the people that got the vaccine who will chose not to attend large events until the vaccine rate reaches herd immunity. If the unvaccinated want to risk it, have at it.

What's the purpose of getting the vaccine if you don't intend to to return to prior normalcy, like attending events? And don't forget those who actually have had Covid-19, the studies I've seen indicate they generally have a more robust antibody immunity than provided by the vaccine?
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 11:14 AM by Atlanta.)
05-04-2021 11:11 AM
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

(05-04-2021 10:58 AM)oruvoice Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 10:40 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  They're allowing us to renew the indoor Stadium Club seats as if we will be at 100% capacity. They're waiting to hear back from the county on whether they think the capacity restrictions will be lifted before we get back. I chose to sit in the new Outdoor Club seating last year, and actually liked it better than sitting indoors.

You have Club Seats? First I've heard you mention it.

Haha… Yeah yeah. :-)
05-04-2021 11:28 AM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

Is this the same virus that they've been talking about that kills about 1% of those infected?

Asking for a friend.
05-04-2021 11:33 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
I got the vaccine and got a card with it. If I can show it to get in and not have to wear a mask, I’m all for it.
05-04-2021 11:36 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(05-04-2021 11:14 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  Bad news. Herd Immunity is not happening, partially because of the variants, and partially because a fairly large percentage of our population will never get vaccinated, and also because the covid is already too ingrained to reach herd immunity with one round of vaccinations. Boosters would be a yearly thing. If you think there's resistance now to the first shots...wait till they explain we are going to need more.

Good news. They are no longer setting up herd immunity as the goal. It's now referred to as the 'tipping point'.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/h...915586001/

It may not take true "herd immunity" to see a dramatic drop in COVID-19 cases. Some researchers say another 30 million to 40 million first shots could be enough for the United States to reach a vaccine tipping point and containment of the disease caused by the coronavirus.

"It's just another 10% to 15% more people," said Dr. Eric Topol, a professor of molecular medicine at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California.

Forty-four percent of the U.S. population has received at least one shot and 31% is fully vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A tipping point comes when enough people are vaccinated that COVID-19 cases begin to fall dramatically and the spread of the virus is contained – not stopped, but slowed enough to prevent large outbreaks.

a John Hopkin s doctor said we hit herd immunity back in January, so...
05-04-2021 12:05 PM
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

I Root For: I am a 901Tiger
(05-04-2021 10:40 AM)oruvoice Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 10:35 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

No, thank you.

No thanks here, too.

Thank you for your service; we appreciate your help.
- China, Russia, Iran, North Korea
05-04-2021 12:11 PM
Advertisement

snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
lol no he didn't. Unless you got a different doc and a link.

Hopkins doctor believes America could reach COVID-19 herd immunity by April

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/covid-19-.../35639084#

But Herd Immunity is a weird concept anyway. There's not enough real data behind it.

Herd immunity is reached when enough of the population is vaccinated or has antibodies that the coronavirus isn't freely circulating.

So...when it stops circulating freely, we're there!
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 12:17 PM by snowtiger.)
05-04-2021 12:12 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(05-04-2021 11:14 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  Bad news. Herd Immunity is not happening, partially because of the variants, and partially because a fairly large percentage of our population will never get vaccinated, and also because the covid is already too ingrained to reach herd immunity with one round of vaccinations. Boosters would be a yearly thing. If you think there's resistance now to the first shots...wait till they explain we are going to need more.

Good news. They are no longer setting up herd immunity as the goal. It's now referred to as the 'tipping point'.

It may not take true "herd immunity" to see a dramatic drop in COVID-19 cases. Some researchers say another 30 million to 40 million first shots could be enough for the United States to reach a vaccine tipping point and containment of the disease caused by the coronavirus.

"It's just another 10% to 15% more people," said Dr. Eric Topol, a professor of molecular medicine at the Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, California.

Forty-four percent of the U.S. population has received at least one shot and 31% is fully vaccinated, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. A tipping point comes when enough people are vaccinated that COVID-19 cases begin to fall dramatically and the spread of the virus is contained – not stopped, but slowed enough to prevent large outbreaks.

Herd immunity happens when the weak are culled. Humans grave that up 100,000 +- years ago.

It's not happening.

07-coffee3
05-04-2021 12:16 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
I was all prepared to get the J&J shot...then it broke out with the same results as its European cousin the Astra Zeneca vaccine did.. blood clots.
I already have a heart condition that puts me at greater risk for blood clots... so I said thanks but no thanks.

These vaccines are still experimental. They have not been cleared by the FDA. They were pressed into service due to a national emergency.
A lot of safeguards that vaccines normally go through were not followed here.
Until we get a vaccine that is not experimental...I won't even consider it.
For people who are saying "just get the vaccine", seemingly healthy folks have dropped dead after taking those shots. Uh...speaking for me...again, no thanks.
Even the J&J shot... a guy in D Iberville, MS had a massive stroke 4 hours after getting his vaccine.
As the meme says...it is not the government's job to look out for my health.
It is the government's job to look out for my rights.
It is MY job to look out for my own health. When you trade health for safety, you lose out on both.
05-04-2021 12:18 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

(05-04-2021 12:16 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Herd immunity happens when the weak are culled. Humans grave that up 100,000 +- years ago.

It's not happening.

07-coffee3

Stop the presses.

We can lock the thread now.

Dr. Sherekhuck has spoken.

Surely his way is the most informed way.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 12:23 PM by AlonsoWDC.)
05-04-2021 12:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.