UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FYI Liberty QB
linus Offline
1st String

I Root For:
FYI Liberty QB
Dane Brugler that does nfl draft analysis for The Athletic is projecting Liberty QB Malik Willis as next years third QB drafted behind Spencer Rattler from Oklahoma and Mac Howell from NC.

Just one more thing to make opening the Stadium exciting
05-04-2021 08:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

busch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
RE: FYI Liberty QB
(05-04-2021 08:02 AM)linus Wrote:  Dane Brugler that does nfl draft analysis for The Athletic is projecting Liberty QB Malik Willis as next years third QB drafted behind Spencer Rattler from Oklahoma and Mac Howell from NC.

Just one more thing to make opening the Stadium exciting

Saw the title of the thread. Got to admit, I was hoping you were going to say he was in the transfer portal and headed toward a school not on the UAB schedule. Oh well. All kidding aside, that will be a heckuva challenge for a really good UAB defense.
05-04-2021 11:12 AM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Liberty was tough last year. Ought to be a helluva game. Willis is a stud.
05-04-2021 04:38 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Liberty will be preseason top 25 most likely. They return everyone from a 10-1 team that beat Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Coastal Carolina and was a 15-14 loss at NC State from being undefeated. Like UAB they had a ton of seniors opt for the extra year. 16, I think, are coming back for the 5th year.

They play Campbell, at Troy, Old Dominion and at Syracuse before coming to Bham, so there's a chance they could be 4-0 and inside the top 20 by the time Oct. 2 rolls around.
05-04-2021 04:50 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
We'll get several chances to raise our profile next season. We really need to win games and make it pay off.
05-04-2021 04:53 PM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

It would be great if that Liberty game could have a good TV slot, but the best that can be hoped for probably will be CBS Sports Network
05-04-2021 05:38 PM
Advertisement

blazr Away
Hall of Famer

Tulane is a trap game (players could already be thinking opening of stadium). Hell, Jax St could be a trap with UGA looming. But that Liberty game scares the socks off me. High emotion, tons of hype & fans (fans who don’t know Liberty is actually good). You get that adrenaline high then it nosedives like the Appy bowl game.
05-04-2021 06:02 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

win the west. win CUSA. anything after that is gravy
05-04-2021 07:02 PM
randy22263 Offline
1st String

I Root For: uab
(05-04-2021 07:02 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  win the west. win CUSA. anything after that is gravy
Its time to have bigger goals than just that.
05-05-2021 09:39 AM
bftb Offline
Go Blazers!

(05-05-2021 09:39 AM)randy22263 Wrote:  
(05-04-2021 07:02 PM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  win the west. win CUSA. anything after that is gravy

I agree completely. If that's the ceiling for our goals, we will be in C-USA forever.

Liberty, Coastal Carolina and others have reminded us the last few seasons what can be. We are now 5 years from the return, so that is old news. We have a new stadium, a decent schedule for the first time in a while, and a solid group of returnees. It's time to move on to what Coach Clark said was our goal when we came back--being one of the elite G5 schools in the country. Anything LESS than that is not meeting our goals.
05-05-2021 09:58 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(05-05-2021 09:58 AM)bftb Wrote:  

I agree completely. If that's the ceiling for our goals, we will be in C-USA forever.

Liberty, Coastal Carolina and others have reminded us the last few seasons what can be. We are now 5 years from the return, so that is old news. We have a new stadium, a decent schedule for the first time in a while, and a solid group of returnees. It's time to move on to what Coach Clark said was our goal when we came back--being one of the elite G5 schools in the country. Anything LESS than that is not meeting our goals.

I’d rather win the west and lose to Liberty than beat Liberty and lose the west. I’d rather lose to Georgia and win CUSA than beat Georgia and lose CUSA. Beating LSU, Baylor, and Mississippi State didn’t put buts in the seats or get us the invite to the Big East.
05-05-2021 10:20 AM
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

(05-05-2021 10:20 AM)UAB Schnauzer Wrote:  

I’d rather win the west and lose to Liberty than beat Liberty and lose the west. I’d rather lose to Georgia and win CUSA than beat Georgia and lose CUSA. Beating LSU, Baylor, and Mississippi State didn’t put buts in the seats or get us the invite to the Big East.

Well, for the national reputation, beating Georgia and Liberty would do way more for our national reputation that anything we could do in C-USA.
05-05-2021 10:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MAN4UAB Offline
All American

I would say that the Liberty game will be the most important of the season. To me, the very first game at the new stadium trumps all others.
05-05-2021 10:44 AM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

I’’m just here for the comments that the coaching staff doesn’t care about non-conference games.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2021 11:19 AM by DuelingDragon.)
05-05-2021 11:18 AM
C-Finder Offline
All American

Back in the early 2000s when there were barely any ESPNs, no social media or before the supposed "superiority" of $EC those games would barely move the needle. But now with the underdog wins of Boise State against Okalahoma, UCF against Auburn and recently with Coastal Carolina's (and Liberty) season,a G5 facing ,or maybe defeat, a P5 team will put butts in seats.

A win at Athens would be nice.
05-05-2021 12:42 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

Absolutely this. I hope we go undefeated. When/if UGA motorboats us it will suck, but we still got a date open for the CUSA CCG. That means, “Man, UAB is dominating CUSA. 4 of the past 5 championships, new stadium, new facilities, new campus. They would add a lot of value!”
05-05-2021 12:47 PM
Advertisement

blazerblazer Offline
1st String

I think at this point we can all agree that winning the West and playing in the CUSA Championship is the floor, not the ceiling anymore.
It’s amazing to win the West 3 times in a row and now is the time to start getting closer to the ceiling.
We have a solid foundation to stand on now.
05-05-2021 12:56 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

Gus dun goof'd 03-banghead A good game it will be to open the stadium.
05-07-2021 01:12 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
With a team called the Flames (HOT) and a coach named Feize (COLD), surely someone can come up with a catchy slogan/logo that will capture the spirit potential of this stadium opening game. If each team is as good as they can be going into that game, we should have a packed house and be on TV.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2021 05:07 PM by BAMANBLAZERFAN.)
05-07-2021 01:50 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

The Fire Bowl between the Blazers and the Flames, the hottest ticket in town!
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8186765]
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2021 08:47 AM by C-Finder.)
05-08-2021 08:46 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.