Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Russell chamberlin or jabbar?
jaybird44 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: old dominion,va
Russell chamberlin or jabbar?
I would love either one on my team but hey they changed the rules of the game because of chamberlin.people forget he was a great passer as well.
05-02-2021 09:18 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fishpro10987 Online
Special Teams

I Root For: Temple
RE: Russell chamberlin or jabbar?
(05-02-2021 09:18 AM)jaybird44 Wrote:  I would love either one on my team but hey they changed the rules of the game because of chamberlin.people forget he was a great passer as well.

Even though I am from Philly, I am picking Russell. Way better team player with better awareness of the court. And 11 championships mean something, right?
05-02-2021 09:44 AM
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: VUMemIUDePaulNC
I would likely choose Wilt of Jabbar and Russell. But Kareem and Bill Walton are my two all-time favorite basketball players (both are very well-rounded and eccentric gentlemen, which I find appealing).
05-02-2021 10:22 AM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
I'd have to go with Chamberlain, despite Russell's championships and Kareem's longevity (and smarts). People forget what a great athlete Wilt was. He wasn't just a good basketball player because he was tall. He excelled in track and field in high school, both as a high jumper and as a state champion quarter miler.
05-02-2021 11:37 AM
Advertisement

quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(05-02-2021 10:22 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  I would likely choose Wilt of Jabbar and Russell. But Kareem and Bill Walton are my two all-time favorite basketball players (both are very well-rounded and eccentric gentlemen, which I find appealing).

Kareem and Walton are among my very most favorite players as well.

As to the question:

1) Wilt

2) Kareem

3) Russell
05-02-2021 11:50 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
I've got to go with Russell and his 11 championships. He did what was needed when face to face with Wilt.

Two players who get overlooked are Moses Malone and Hakeem Alajuwon. Moses took "4 guys from Petersburg" when he was with the Rockets and nearly beat the Celtics in '81. Then he took Philly to the championship. Moses is the only player who can compete with Chamberlin as a scorer and offensive rebounder. Hakeem had the all around game. He could score with 4 players hanging on him. He was one of the top rebounders. He was one of the top shot blockers. And he was among the leader in steals. He just had incredible athleticism from his upbringing as a soccer goalee. He got to the finals when Ralph Sampson was playing and he got back to back championshps with the Rockets with a bunch of little reknown teammates.
05-02-2021 12:09 PM
quo vadis Online
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(05-02-2021 12:09 PM)bullet Wrote:  I've got to go with Russell and his 11 championships. He did what was needed when face to face with Wilt.

Two players who get overlooked are Moses Malone and Hakeem Alajuwon.

I don't think either of those guys get overlooked, both were awesome and IMO universally recognized as such.

But they just don't belong in the top three of all-time centers. Just like Ewing, Robinson and Shaq don't either.

To me, that's clearly Wilt, Kareem, and Russell.
05-02-2021 01:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2021 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.