Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News School District Tells Principals To Create Fake Curriculum To Send Parents After...
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
School District Tells Principals To Create Fake Curriculum To Send Parents After...
Quote:Faced with complaints from parents about the indoctrination of children, an official in Rockwood School District, Missouri instructed teachers to create two sets of curriculum: a false one to share with parents, and then the real set of curriculum, focused on topics like activism and privilege, according to a memo obtained by The Daily Wire.

Natalie Fallert, EdD, 6-12 Literacy Speech Coordinator, wrote to all middle and high school principals that parents had repeatedly complained that “we are pushing an agenda,” “we are pushing Critical Race Theory (I had to look this one up!),” “we are making white kids feel bad about their privilege,” we are “stereotyping,” “we are teaching kids to be social activists,” and “we are teaching kids to be democratic thinkers and activists.”

The problem was that, for the first time, parents could see what teachers were telling their children thanks to virtual learning, where assignments were visible for at-home learners in a tool called Canvas.

Fallert’s solution:

This doesn’t mean throw out the lesson and find a new one. Just pull the resource off Canvas so parents cannot see it …

Keep teaching! Just don’t make everything visible on Canvas. This is not being deceitful. This is just doing what you have done for years. Prior to the pandemic you didn’t send everything home or have it available. You taught in your classroom and things were peachy keen. We are going old-school. …

You could Duplicate an entry/lesson in Canvas (making 2 copies) Publish ONE for the whole class that is a LEAN version of the lesson. The “original” that has all the stuff on it, can be published and only assigned to specific students (IF NEEDED), OR you could specifically email those students a copy of what they need.

The reason I say “make a copy” You can publish the NEW one that has less information on it. Then for that kid who is all virtual and needs to full lesson, you can publish it and assign it ONLY that kid…

Anything that “could” be picked apart I would suggest using this above approach… Again I wouldn’t throw it out, but you could just not give them access to the story.

When you get to Power Imbalances – You might remove the two examples and just go over them in class (same as above). …

I hate that we are even having to have this conversation. 29 days and counting!

She referred to a “cell” of parents and claimed they did not know the difference between a small-d democratic country and the Democratic Party.

In addition to serving as a school administrator in Rockwood, in 2018 Fallert was elected to the school board of a nearby school district, Jefferson R-7, illustrating the way in which apathetic voters often elect those whose interests are with teachers, rather than parents, in little-scrutinized school board races.

Shelley Willott, assistant superintendent of learning and support services, expressed “regret” to parents after they found out about the secret email:

“Yesterday an email was sent to middle and high school English Language Arts teachers from a district-level staff member that suggested teachers hide or alter content visible to parents in our learning management system. We want to assure you that the message was not reviewed or approved by anyone before it was sent. Asking teachers to conceal anything from parents does not reflect the mission, vision and values of the Rockwood School District and is counter to the goals set forth in our strategic plan, The Way Forward,” she wrote.

The April 23 message said that the school district views parents as “allies” in the education of “our children.”

“We regret that this happened for many reasons, but mostly because it impacts the trust that is crucial for our partnership to be successful. Although we cannot share specifics related to a personnel matter, we can assure you that we find the email unacceptable, and it is certainly being addressed,” the message said.

District spokesman David Morrison told The Daily Wire that in an attempt to restore trust, it would continue to post classroom materials online where parents could see it even after coronavirus-triggered distance learning ended — since the technology is set up — rather than reverting to what Fallert called the “old-school” way when everything was “peachy keen.”

He also said the district would commit to “training our educators on how to curate books so that teachers are giving students a wide variety of choices in their learning materials” and “asking our educators to provide parents with book choices before a unit of study starts and information about read alouds that will be done in the classroom as part of regular communications with parents (i.e. weekly newsletters).”

He said it also planned the “formation of a K-12 steering committee that includes building administrators, teachers, students and parents, finance and human resources.”

Rockwood School District encompasses 20,000 students across overwhelmingly white towns west of St. Louis, including Ballwin, Chesterfield, Wildwood, and the town of Fenton, which has 15 black people, or 0.3% of the population.

It includes four high schools, all of which were ranked among the top 20 in Missouri by US News & World Report. It is currently searching for a new interim superintendent.

The criticized curriculum included elements like “Intersectionality 101,” a video produced by Learning for Justice (formerly Teaching Tolerance), a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

One reading sheet handed out to a fifth-grade class teaches that “Michael Brown was murdered just steps from his mother’s home in Ferguson, Missouri.” Officer Darren Wilson was not charged with any wrongdoing. “Disruption is the new world order. It is the way in which those who are denied power access power,” it said.

Missouri ‘s governor, Mike Parson, is Republican, but the state’s schools have been thoroughly colonized by “equity” consultants.

One firm alone, Education Equity Consultants (EEC), says it has at least 30 clients in the state, including the state education office, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and the Missouri School Boards Association. Rockwood has also hired EEC.

Webster school district, another EEC client, intends to revise its social studies curriculum to be based on “social justice standards” conceived by Learning for Justice.

Link

Idaho Lawmakers Approve Bill to Ban Critical Race Theory ‘Indoctrination’
04-28-2021 05:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: School District Tells Principals To Create Fake Curriculum To Send Parents After...
Quote:President Joe Biden’s Education Department proposed a rule recently to use taxpayer dollars to bring critical race theory into schools.

The proposed rule would use federal grant money “to help schools teach the New York Times' controversial 1619 Project by controversial essayist Nikole Hannah-Jones and Boston University Director of the Center for Anti-Racist Research Director Ibram Kendi's book, How to Be an Anti-Racist into K-12 school curriculums,” according to Fox News.

Fox reports that any recipient of these grants is required to "take into account systemic marginalization, biases, inequities, and discriminatory policy and practice in American history; incorporate racially, ethnically, culturally, and linguistically diverse perspectives and perspectives on the experience of individuals with disabilities; Encourage students to critically analyze the diverse perspectives of historical and contemporary media and its impacts; Support the creation of learning environments that validate and reflect the diversity, identities, and experiences of all students; and contribute to inclusive, supportive, and identity-safe learning environments." The rule also states that the deadline for public comments is May 19th.

The Washington Examiner notes that there would be two priorities for the project, the first being to “elevate projects that ‘incorporate racially, ethnically, culturally, and linguistically diverse perspectives’ into their syllabi, while the other aims to improve ‘information literacy.’”

Two Congressman, Doug Lamborn, R-Colo., and Jeff Duncan, R-S.C. , have sent a letter to Education Secretary Miguel Cardona, urging him to reconsider these grants, writing that "[I]t is therefore counterproductive and even dangerous to allow our vulnerable school children to be taught the falsehoods prevalent in the 1619 Project or in Ibram X. Kendi's How to Be an Anti-Racist. This book is antithetical to the American Dream... Moreover, the 1619 Project is a racially divisive revisionist account of history which intends to 'reframe U.S. history by marking the year when the first enslaved Africans arrived on Virginia soil as our nation's foundational date.' The 1619 Project is in fundamental opposition to our true foundation date in 1776."

Lamborn told Fox that schools should play a role in helping students become aware of slavery and contributions of Black Americans, but that should never be accompanied by promoting attacks on the principles enshrined in the Constitution.

Link
04-28-2021 05:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: School District Tells Principals To Create Fake Curriculum To Send Parents After...
There's a storm coming.
04-28-2021 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(04-28-2021 05:41 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  There's a storm coming.
Check out Christopher Rufo, has dedicated his law career to stopping this ****

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
04-28-2021 05:57 PM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Maybe.

But since it hasn’t happened yet, I honestly wonder what it would take to make it happen. I’m skeptical if it ever will.
04-28-2021 08:07 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
These nuts will keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing until everyone is against them. Enough will never be enough for them.
04-28-2021 08:28 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
The entire Middle Class needs to educate their children in Private schools and the Wealthiest Republicans need to take the top minority kids and pay their ways through private school.

Public education is a Marxist Cancer in the Heart of the United States and it needs to be destroyed. Pulling kids to private schools means polluted teachers lose jobs. Pulling the brightest minority children to private schools means truly educated leaders emerge for the minorities, and leaders who know and can teach the truth. You destroy Public Education by making them cull teachers and by teaching success elsewhere. Then when violence erupts you hold them accountable as the instigators and convict their sorry asses as seditionists.

When you get enough representatives to cut their budgets at the State Level and to eradicate the NEA at the Congressional level, and get local council persons to cut their budgets to public schools who continue to teach this garbage then you effect change.
04-28-2021 08:43 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
(04-28-2021 08:28 PM)Todor Wrote:  These nuts will keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing until everyone is against them. Enough will never be enough for them.

(04-28-2021 08:57 PM)Todor Wrote:  These nuts will keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing until everyone is against them. Enough will never be enough for them.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJwOwmztb1Gv8llJTN-VH...p;usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJwOwmztb1Gv8llJTN-VH...p;usqp=CAU]
04-28-2021 09:13 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(04-28-2021 09:13 PM)domer1978 Wrote:  
(04-28-2021 08:28 PM)Todor Wrote:  These nuts will keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing until everyone is against them. Enough will never be enough for them.

(04-28-2021 08:57 PM)Todor Wrote:  These nuts will keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing until everyone is against them. Enough will never be enough for them.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJwOwmztb1Gv8llJTN-VH...p;usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJwOwmztb1Gv8llJTN-VH...p;usqp=CAU]

Thanks for voteS of support for my bobbled edit attempt03-wink
04-28-2021 10:09 PM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(04-28-2021 08:43 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Public education is a Marxist Cancer

It is a marxist cancer because it is a marxist strategy set forth by Marx and Engels.

Manifesto of the Communist Party

Chapter II. Proletarians and Communists

Quote:These measures will, of course, be different in different countries.

Nevertheless, in most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.

10. Free education for all children in public schools.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021 11:02 PM by umbluegray.)
04-28-2021 11:01 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Straight from the liberal playbook.

Lie. Deceive. Indoctrinate.
04-29-2021 05:26 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
School District Tells Principals To Create Fake Curriculum To Send Parents After...
(04-28-2021 08:43 PM)JRsec Wrote:  The entire Middle Class needs to educate their children in Private schools and the Wealthiest Republicans need to take the top minority kids and pay their ways through private school.

Public education is a Marxist Cancer in the Heart of the United States and it needs to be destroyed. Pulling kids to private schools means polluted teachers lose jobs. Pulling the brightest minority children to private schools means truly educated leaders emerge for the minorities, and leaders who know and can teach the truth. You destroy Public Education by making them cull teachers and by teaching success elsewhere. Then when violence erupts you hold them accountable as the instigators and convict their sorry asses as seditionists.

When you get enough representatives to cut their budgets at the State Level and to eradicate the NEA at the Congressional level, and get local council persons to cut their budgets to public schools who continue to teach this garbage then you effect change.

Unfortunately the private schools around here are worse. The government schools are full of incompetent libtards. The libtards running the privates are extremely competent. They are like mini Berkeleys. At the government schools, conservative students are able to group and spread. Private schools are able to cancel them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-29-2021 06:27 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
"Rockwood High Schools Ranked Among Nation's Best by U.S. News & World Report
Eureka, Lafayette, Marquette and Rockwood Summit are ranked among the top 20 in the state."
04-29-2021 09:41 AM
Advertisement

VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Do the school admins not think the kids are going to share/ask parents about work assignments? How did they expect to get away with this?
04-29-2021 09:44 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

(04-28-2021 08:07 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
Maybe.

But since it hasn’t happened yet, I honestly wonder what it would take to make it happen. I’m skeptical if it ever will.

The storm came and went.

It happened on Jan. 6th but it was more like a sprinkle.
04-29-2021 09:50 AM
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(04-29-2021 09:50 AM)Danforth Wrote:  
Maybe.

The storm came and went.

So are you admitting it wasn't the worst attack on American soil since the Civil war? You stay right where you are, someone will be stopping by shortly to collect your Democrat Registration card.
04-29-2021 12:08 PM
Eldonabe Online
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(04-28-2021 05:06 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Faced with complaints from parents about the indoctrination of children, an official in Rockwood School District, Missouri instructed teachers to create two sets of curriculum: a false one to share with parents, and then the real set of curriculum, focused on topics like activism and privilege, according to a memo obtained by The Daily Wire.

Natalie Fallert, EdD, 6-12 Literacy Speech Coordinator, wrote to all middle and high school principals that parents had repeatedly complained that “we are pushing an agenda,” “we are pushing Critical Race Theory (I had to look this one up!),” “we are making white kids feel bad about their privilege,” we are “stereotyping,” “we are teaching kids to be social activists,” and “we are teaching kids to be democratic thinkers and activists.”

The problem was that, for the first time, parents could see what teachers were telling their children thanks to virtual learning, where assignments were visible for at-home learners in a tool called Canvas.

Fallert’s solution:

This doesn’t mean throw out the lesson and find a new one. Just pull the resource off Canvas so parents cannot see it …

Keep teaching! Just don’t make everything visible on Canvas. This is not being deceitful. This is just doing what you have done for years. Prior to the pandemic you didn’t send everything home or have it available. You taught in your classroom and things were peachy keen. We are going old-school. …

You could Duplicate an entry/lesson in Canvas (making 2 copies) Publish ONE for the whole class that is a LEAN version of the lesson. The “original” that has all the stuff on it, can be published and only assigned to specific students (IF NEEDED), OR you could specifically email those students a copy of what they need.

The reason I say “make a copy” You can publish the NEW one that has less information on it. Then for that kid who is all virtual and needs to full lesson, you can publish it and assign it ONLY that kid…

Anything that “could” be picked apart I would suggest using this above approach… Again I wouldn’t throw it out, but you could just not give them access to the story.

When you get to Power Imbalances – You might remove the two examples and just go over them in class (same as above). …

I hate that we are even having to have this conversation. 29 days and counting!

She referred to a “cell” of parents and claimed they did not know the difference between a small-d democratic country and the Democratic Party.

In addition to serving as a school administrator in Rockwood, in 2018 Fallert was elected to the school board of a nearby school district, Jefferson R-7, illustrating the way in which apathetic voters often elect those whose interests are with teachers, rather than parents, in little-scrutinized school board races.

Shelley Willott, assistant superintendent of learning and support services, expressed “regret” to parents after they found out about the secret email:

“Yesterday an email was sent to middle and high school English Language Arts teachers from a district-level staff member that suggested teachers hide or alter content visible to parents in our learning management system. We want to assure you that the message was not reviewed or approved by anyone before it was sent. Asking teachers to conceal anything from parents does not reflect the mission, vision and values of the Rockwood School District and is counter to the goals set forth in our strategic plan, The Way Forward,” she wrote.

The April 23 message said that the school district views parents as “allies” in the education of “our children.”

“We regret that this happened for many reasons, but mostly because it impacts the trust that is crucial for our partnership to be successful. Although we cannot share specifics related to a personnel matter, we can assure you that we find the email unacceptable, and it is certainly being addressed,” the message said.

District spokesman David Morrison told The Daily Wire that in an attempt to restore trust, it would continue to post classroom materials online where parents could see it even after coronavirus-triggered distance learning ended — since the technology is set up — rather than reverting to what Fallert called the “old-school” way when everything was “peachy keen.”

He also said the district would commit to “training our educators on how to curate books so that teachers are giving students a wide variety of choices in their learning materials” and “asking our educators to provide parents with book choices before a unit of study starts and information about read alouds that will be done in the classroom as part of regular communications with parents (i.e. weekly newsletters).”

He said it also planned the “formation of a K-12 steering committee that includes building administrators, teachers, students and parents, finance and human resources.”

Rockwood School District encompasses 20,000 students across overwhelmingly white towns west of St. Louis, including Ballwin, Chesterfield, Wildwood, and the town of Fenton, which has 15 black people, or 0.3% of the population.

It includes four high schools, all of which were ranked among the top 20 in Missouri by US News & World Report. It is currently searching for a new interim superintendent.

The criticized curriculum included elements like “Intersectionality 101,” a video produced by Learning for Justice (formerly Teaching Tolerance), a project of the Southern Poverty Law Center.

One reading sheet handed out to a fifth-grade class teaches that “Michael Brown was murdered just steps from his mother’s home in Ferguson, Missouri.” Officer Darren Wilson was not charged with any wrongdoing. “Disruption is the new world order. It is the way in which those who are denied power access power,” it said.

Missouri ‘s governor, Mike Parson, is Republican, but the state’s schools have been thoroughly colonized by “equity” consultants.

One firm alone, Education Equity Consultants (EEC), says it has at least 30 clients in the state, including the state education office, the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and the Missouri School Boards Association. Rockwood has also hired EEC.

Webster school district, another EEC client, intends to revise its social studies curriculum to be based on “social justice standards” conceived by Learning for Justice.

Link

Idaho Lawmakers Approve Bill to Ban Critical Race Theory ‘Indoctrination’

Has this "official" been fired yet?
04-29-2021 12:09 PM
Advertisement

Danforth Offline
Banned

(04-29-2021 12:08 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(04-29-2021 09:50 AM)Danforth Wrote:  
Maybe.

The storm came and went.

So are you admitting it wasn't the worst attack on American soil since the Civil war? You stay right where you are, someone will be stopping by shortly to collect your Democrat Registration card.

You left out the word democracy. Did you do this on purpose?
04-29-2021 01:52 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I think we need to distinguish between democracy and democrats. The two are not synonymous, although democrats seem to keep wanting to conflate them. It might have been the worst attack on American democrats since the Civil War. But it wasn't the worst attack on American democracy, in large part because it wasn't an attack on democracy at all. I would even argue that the biggest attack on democracy has been the Deep State reactions to January 6th, much as I felt that the biggest attack on American freedom was not 9/11 but the Deep State reactions, including the patRIOT act and its progeny.
04-29-2021 03:28 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: School District Tells Principals To Create Fake Curriculum
(04-29-2021 01:52 PM)Danforth Wrote:  You left out the word democracy. Did you do this on purpose?

Every time I hear a person talk about "our democracy" I assume them to be a liberal. They never mention representative Republic. I'm usually correct in my initial assumption of where they sit politically.

Funny that that party that loves to talk about "our democracy" is the one in a headlong rush to impose a more authoritarian socialist regime on the people. How do they reconcile this?
04-29-2021 04:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.