WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Now Available...
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Crappies
Now Available...
The future gear is now available: https://www.bkstr.com/westernmichigansto...--537199-1

03-puke

I'll load up on old gear before it's gone.
04-27-2021 09:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

RE: Now Available...
It doesn't look awful on some stuff.

https://www.bkstr.com/westernmichigansto...--259573-1
04-27-2021 10:02 AM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
(04-27-2021 10:02 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  It doesn't look awful on some stuff.

https://www.bkstr.com/westernmichigansto...--259573-1

Meh. It should look great on EVERYTHING. It's up to you -- sorry, I'm not wearing the new logo.
04-27-2021 10:16 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
It's really not that bad, especially if it means a return to Brown & Gold.

I just question why we're doing it when we just had a rebrand a few years ago. I know a lot of you blame president, marketing director, etc. But I blame the Board. They make a lot of dumb decisions. We need a house cleaning there.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2021 11:37 AM by Bronco'14.)
04-27-2021 11:35 AM
Nacho Offline
Heisman

Welp. It has been a good run everyone but this marks the end of me wearing any WMU gear. Majority of my WMU gear is in bad shape, I'm not going to buy any ones unless I'm wearing it to an ugly sweater party.
04-27-2021 04:13 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

Good grief, Nacho.

Plus, the current WMU Bronco is still in stock so buy that now while you're able, or you can continue to whine & gripe just b/c you can.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021 09:15 AM by Bronco'14.)
04-28-2021 08:57 AM
Advertisement

BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
1) There was nothing wrong with the prior rebrand. In fact, I never heard one person complain about the rebrand under Dunn. They finally had brought uniformity across campus and athletics.

2) If WMU expects the Alumni to continue to proudly wear our gear around to increase our brand, you cannot degrade the athletic logos. What's next a flying W ala CMU?

3) I think they are going to see sales of the new merchandise decline with the new athletic logo. The new students to WMU will purchase without realizing it but most alumni will not buy into it. I'm certainly not buying into it.

I personally hope people make a stand before we get too deep into this process -- once the athletic fields get rebranded it's too late.
04-28-2021 09:01 AM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

It just doesn't make sense to me. It's not terrible, but it just doesn't look as good as the Bronco we've used since around 2000. The Yellow W in the circle actually looks pretty cool to me. If this was about going back to brown & yellow, I'm all for it. But, this new Bronco logo looks like a HS kid trying to draw our logo. I know it's not significantly different. It's just not up to the standard a Division 1 University should have for its athletic logo.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021 09:18 AM by BroncoMinor.)
04-28-2021 09:16 AM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

There's a bunch of useless employees with bloated salaries that need to justify their existence with meaningless "re-branding" concepts. Yet another reason why the cost of education is no longer affordable to the middles class.
04-28-2021 09:23 AM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
Quote:But, this new Bronco logo looks like a HS kid trying to draw our logo. I know it's not significantly different. It's just not up to the standard a Division 1 University should have for its athletic logo.

This is EXACTLY what I said when I first witnessed the logo. This is not Division I material. I'm not sure it even meets the standards of a high school.

IMO, we need to focus on creating a better environment on campus with the new dorms and Student Center -- not on a second rebranding in less than 10 years.
04-28-2021 11:32 AM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

The spirit shoppe is gonna be going great guns with custom ghost bronco prints!
04-28-2021 12:32 PM
Advertisement

broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(04-28-2021 09:23 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  There's a bunch of useless employees with bloated salaries that need to justify their existence with meaningless "re-branding" concepts. Yet another reason why the cost of education is no longer affordable to the middles class.

Only one.

Tony Proudfoot, VP of Marketing and Communication.

This is ALL him. He said it was problem. He initiated the review. He came up with the "solution". Nobody asked him to do this, he did it all once he convinced Montgomery that it was an actual problem.

So, the "bunch of useless employees" is not true. Direct your anger where it is warranted.
04-28-2021 12:44 PM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
(04-28-2021 12:32 PM)flushtheherd Wrote:  The spirit shoppe is gonna be going great guns with custom ghost bronco prints!

The Spirit Shoppe is already producing this sh!t too! Good luck to the kid wearing this turd on campus: https://the-spirit-shoppe.myshopify.com/...ark-hoodie

I'm sure you meant customized Ghost Bronco gear if they will even allowed to do it. I'm sure this will all go underground soon!
04-28-2021 01:22 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-28-2021 12:44 PM)broncofan1 Wrote:  
(04-28-2021 09:23 AM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  There's a bunch of useless employees with bloated salaries that need to justify their existence with meaningless "re-branding" concepts. Yet another reason why the cost of education is no longer affordable to the middles class.

Only one.

This is ALL him. He said it was problem. He initiated the review. He came up with the "solution". Nobody asked him to do this, he did it all once he convinced Montgomery that it was an actual problem.

So, the "bunch of useless employees" is not true. Direct your anger where it is warranted.

I think it’s time you posted this guys email address and office ph# and we start letting him know how atrocious this new bronco logo looks. CC Pres Montgomery too.
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021 01:45 PM by flushtheherd.)
04-28-2021 01:45 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

Some history

Western Michigan Broncos Logos
https://www.sportslogos.net/logos/list_b...n_Broncos/
04-28-2021 02:56 PM
okgc Offline
Heisman

(04-27-2021 04:13 PM)Nacho Wrote:  Welp. It has been a good run everyone but this marks the end of me wearing any WMU gear. Majority of my WMU gear is in bad shape, I'm not going to buy any ones unless I'm wearing it to an ugly sweater party.

There are still lots of choices besides the ugly newest horse head.
04-28-2021 02:59 PM
Advertisement

StrikeGold1 Offline
Special Teams

It's a done deal. There's no going back
04-28-2021 07:37 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

https://the-spirit-shoppe.myshopify.com/...tions/tops
All over the Spirit Shoppe.

It's really not that bad, it's just completely unnecessary, especially w/ how popular the Fleck Ghost was.

(04-28-2021 02:56 PM)okgc Wrote:  Some history

Someone needs to update that w/ the new logo being the primary 2021-present........

My favorite is any reincarnation of the Bronco head in my avatar, over W or not, w/ wordmark or not, by itself or not.
Also the full Bronco over the W 1976-1997 w/ the Brown & Gold colors.
I grew up w/ these logos.

Only one.

It's not just him, tho he's the root cause. Everyone who played a role who's getting paid salary in this, whether approving or planning, or whatever, needs to be gone b/c this isn't the only dumb decision they've made.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2021 11:46 AM by Bronco'14.)
04-29-2021 11:41 AM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

We go from a logo that was a 9 out of 10. New logo is 5 out of 10 and looks like a high school kid drew it. What’s the freaking point to go backwards (during a pandemic mind you when budget is already minimal)
04-29-2021 12:59 PM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(04-29-2021 11:41 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  https://the-spirit-shoppe.myshopify.com/...tions/tops
All over the Spirit Shoppe.

It's really not that bad, it's just completely unnecessary, especially w/ how popular the Fleck Ghost was.

(04-28-2021 02:56 PM)okgc Wrote:  Some history

Someone needs to update that w/ the new logo being the primary 2021-present........

My favorite is any reincarnation of the Bronco head in my avatar, over W or not, w/ wordmark or not, by itself or not.
Also the full Bronco over the W 1976-1997 w/ the Brown & Gold colors.
I grew up w/ these logos.

Only one.

It's not just him, tho he's the root cause. Everyone who played a role who's getting paid salary in this, whether approving or planning, or whatever, needs to be gone b/c this isn't the only dumb decision they've made.

LOL - you really don't know what's been going on here, huh? There is virtually nobody left. He let half the staff go when he arrived, and that was before the massive cuts that happened over last summer. He is the planner, the designer, and the approver. Nobody has ever had more control of all phases of marketing/communications than Proudfoot.

I know you want to believe there is some anti-WMU cabal implanted here to make Western look bad, but that's simply not the case.
04-29-2021 01:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.