WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Tigers
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Tigers
Another 100-loss season ahead.

Apparently Tigers ownership-management only ones who can't see-won't admit Cabrera is beyond done.
04-26-2021 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: Tigers
(04-26-2021 03:57 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Another 100-loss season ahead.

Apparently Tigers ownership-management only ones who can't see-won't admit Cabrera is beyond done.

I don't think there's anything they can do with Cabrera that makes a difference at this point. You're paying him either way, nobody is going to take on that contract, might as well play him while the rest of the team is hot garbage. There's maybe 2 or 3 position players that factor into the teams' future on the roster currently.

We're starting to see the fruits of our pitching heavy drafting, but now nobody can hit. Avila needs to be gone yesterday.
04-26-2021 04:02 PM
Doo Online
1st String

They'd love to move Cabby, nobody wants him for even 1/2 the price. It's quite clear that due to his contract and the covid uncertainty there is zero desire to commit financially until Cabby's days are gone. Right now it's about developing the youth.

Honestly with the TV money the way it is, the Illitch family might be making more money now (at least when the covid seating restrictions go) then they did during their playoff runs recently by keeping the low payroll. There's very little incentive to spend big if you don't want to.

If you remove Miggy the Tigers have the lowest payroll in baseball. The play on the field shows it.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2021 10:20 AM by Doo.)
04-27-2021 10:16 AM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

The annoying thing is we're a few years into the rebuild & have seen minimum progress.
04-27-2021 11:39 AM
Doo Online
1st String

(04-27-2021 11:39 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  The annoying thing is we're a few years into the rebuild & have seen minimum progress.

I think the Illitch's would disagree. Their bottom line has improved quite a bit.
04-27-2021 12:00 PM
Advertisement

jubbasubba Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-27-2021 11:39 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  The annoying thing is we're a few years into the rebuild & have seen minimum progress.

The farm system is literally night and day different than it was 3 or 4 years ago. It is still not top tier but a few years ago it was the worst in baseball. A true rebuild takes so long. It can be sped up a little if you hit on a couple of trades, but it takes years and years.
04-27-2021 01:22 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

As Jim Price said on radio broadcast Sunday night:

"if you can't hit a Fast ball at this level..."
04-27-2021 02:37 PM
Advertisement

Cocksman Offline
1st String

I think the biggest thing holding up the rebuild is how we haven’t hit on any of the big trades. Baseball can be funny like that more than any sport. But we do have now the second best rated farm system. But the Lakeland tigers is where our bat talent is at.
04-27-2021 04:24 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

All of the Detroit pro teams are cellar-dwellers
The Michigan MAC teams are themselves.
Even U of Michigan & Michigan St are down
(This post was last modified: 04-28-2021 08:56 AM by Bronco'14.)
04-28-2021 08:56 AM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
(04-26-2021 04:02 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  
(04-26-2021 03:57 PM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Another 100-loss season ahead.

I don't think there's anything they can do with Cabrera that makes a difference at this point. You're paying him either way, nobody is going to take on that contract, might as well play him while the rest of the team is hot garbage. There's maybe 2 or 3 position players that factor into the teams' future on the roster currently.

We're starting to see the fruits of our pitching heavy drafting, but now nobody can hit. Avila needs to be gone yesterday.

The only reason to play Cabrera is to let him limp across the 500/3,000 line.
04-29-2021 10:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.