Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News COD for Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
COD for Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick
04-19-2021 03:17 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: COD for Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick
But muh insurrection
04-19-2021 03:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:Washington DC’s Chief Medical Examiner issued a statement early Monday afternoon with the results of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s autopsy, which determined that Sicknick died of natural causes, more specifically, “acute brainstem and cerebellar infarcts due to acute basilar artery thrombosis.”

As Bonchie noted, Chief Medical Examiner Francisco J. Diaz also said that Sicknick did not suffer any type of allergic reaction to “any chemical irritants.” And, as we reported on February 5, the police union and Sicknick’s family believed the cause of death to be a stroke, based upon what they were told at the hospital.

The Capitol Police have now released a statement regarding these findings:

The USCP accepts the findings from the District of Columbia’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner that Officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes. This does not change the fact Officer Sicknick died in the line of duty, courageously defending Congress and the Capitol.

The Department continues to mourn the loss of our beloved colleague. The attack on our officers, including Brian, was an attack on our democracy.

Working with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, the F.B.I.’s Washington Field Office and the Metropolitan Police Department, the USCP will continue to ensure those responsible for the assault against officers are held accountable.

Officer Sicknick, 42, joined the Department in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit.

On March 14, Julian Elie Khater, 32, of State College, Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39, of Morgantown, West Virginia, were arrested for assaulting Officer Sicknick.

Khater and Tanios are each charged with one count of conspiracy to injure an officer; three counts of assault on a federal officer with a dangerous weapon; one count of civil disorder; one count of obstructing or impeding an official proceeding; one count of physical violence on restricted grounds, while carrying dangerous weapon and resulting in significant bodily injury; and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct, act of physical violence on Capitol grounds.

The United States Capitol Police will never forget Officer Sicknick’s bravery, nor the bravery of any officer on January 6, who risked their lives to defend our democracy.

Officer Sicknick’s family requests their privacy be respected during this difficult time.

Will this matter to all of the people – both progressives and the Never Trumpers who still call themselves conservatives – who relentlessly pushed the narrative that Sicknick was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher? Who cast all Republicans as murderers? Will the record even be corrected?

According to the timeline released by the Medical Examiner, Sicknick was sprayed around 2:20 p.m. and collapsed in his office around 10:00 p.m. This is a much longer time frame than suggested by the Capitol Police in a statement released immediately following Sicknick’s death in which they said he was “injured while physically engaging with protesters,” and then “he returned to his division office and collapsed,” and was taken to the hospital. He died around 9:30 p.m. the following night.

According to Law & Crime:

However, Diaz added that Sicknick having been among the officers who engaged with the Capitol mob “played a role in his condition.”

What role that engagement played is unclear from current reports. Did the stress of the day raise his blood pressure, leading to a stroke?

Obviously, using bear spray on a federal law enforcement officer who’s attempting to prevent an excited throng of people from overrunning the Capitol is wrong. Using bear spray on any law enforcement officer is wrong. If the two charged with doing that are guilty, they should face the appropriate consequences. But Democrat and feckless Republican politicians and their friends in the media need to stop making up “facts” to support their narrative. (I know, I’m not holding my breath.)

Link
04-19-2021 05:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
When are the leftist dipsh*ts that posted that he had been killed by getting hit in the head by a fire extinguisher going to come back and disavow their lies?

Some members of this forum called this on day 1.
04-19-2021 05:56 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(04-19-2021 05:56 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  When are the leftist dipsh*ts that posted that he had been killed by getting hit in the head by a fire extinguisher going to come back and disavow their lies?

Yep.

Ashli Babbitt was murdered.
04-19-2021 06:34 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Wonder when he took the J&J vaccine?
04-19-2021 06:58 PM
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-19-2021 05:56 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  When are the leftist dipsh*ts that posted that he had been killed by getting hit in the head by a fire extinguisher going to come back and disavow their lies?

They won’t. The morons will just move on the next pants crapping
04-19-2021 09:34 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Does not matter. The lies were told (like Charlottesville) and believed by those that choose to believe them. And later confirmation to the opposition get buried and forgotten.
04-19-2021 09:53 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(04-19-2021 09:53 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Does not matter. The lies were told (like Charlottesville) and believed by those that choose to believe them. And later confirmation to the opposition get buried and forgotten.

This has been their SOP for a while. Works like a charm on those that choose to remain ignorant.
04-20-2021 09:27 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

COD for Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick
(04-19-2021 06:34 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Yep.

Ashli Babbitt was murdered.

She was.

Yet, by whom? Odd we don’t have that name by now, eh?
04-20-2021 10:45 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND

Leftist dipsh!ts never disavow their lies, they double down on them.
04-20-2021 11:00 AM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

Quote:The false claim that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick was killed by being struck by rioters with a fire extinguisher was debunked Monday by the District of Columbia medical examiner — but not before Democrats cited it in the impeachment trial.

As Breitbart News’ John Nolte noted, Sicknick was found to have died from natural causes, after he suffered two strokes on the day after the Capitol riot. He was not killed by a fire extinguisher, nor by chemicals in pepper spray or any other weapon.

However, Democrats’ House impeachment managers cited the fire extinguisher claim in their trial brief when they urged the Senate to convict former President Donald Trump — even though he had already left office. The impeachment brief claimed (footnotes omitted):

After the insurrection, one participant who broke into the Capitol wearing combat gear and carrying zip ties [sic] stated that he acted because “[t]he President asked for his supporters to be there to attend, and I felt like it was important, because of how much I love this country, to actually be there.” Another asserted, “I thought I was following my President. … He asked us to fly there, he asked us to be there, so I was doing what he asked us to do.” She explained that she believed that she had “answered the call of [her] president,” echoing the views of other participants. Subsequent reporting revealed that far-right groups had rallied members to attend the event based upon “the green light from the President.”

The insurrectionists killed a Capitol Police officer by striking him in the head with a fire extinguisher.

The brief cited the New York Times as the source for the “fire extinguisher” claim. That article, titled “Capitol Police Officer Dies from Injuries in Pro-Trump Rampage,” has not yet been corrected.

The headline remains the same, as of this writing; an update from Feb. 12 states (emphasis removed): “New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.”

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-8.13.55-PM.png]

That claim was one of several false claims made by the House impeachment managers during the trial. They cited the Charlottesville “very fine people” hoax, for example, cited a fake “find the fraud” quote, and used a doctored tweet.

Link

Quote:The falsehoods surrounding the cause of death of Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick may finally have been put to rest today.

The medical examiner finally confirmed that Sicknick suffered two strokes and died from natural causes the day after the Capitol riot, not because of any injury.

But it’s been a long journey since his death until this point, with a lot of false stories in between. His family begged that his death not be politicized but it has been politicized from the start, unfortunately.

I reported on Jan. 10 that there were questions regarding the initial account that Sicknick was hit with a fire extinguisher, causing his death. Indeed, as I wrote from the beginning, there was no evidence that he had ever been hit with a fire extinguisher, and there had been a report that he had an underlying medical condition; that he was fine until he collapsed hours later back at his office, after which he was taken to the hospital and died the next day.

Indeed, as I wrote on Feb. 5, his family told Pro Publica in a Jan. 8 report that the doctors had told them he’d had a stroke. But media was not reporting that information. The media completely ignored the Pro Publica report and what the family was saying. It took media until February to finally start admitting that the report about the fire extinguisher was untrue. As I also reported, CNN admitted on Feb. 2, that there was no blunt force trauma and the story about the fire extinguisher was false.

Why did it take so long to get to that basic truth?

Perhaps today’s observation of the Washington Post’s fact-checker best explains it. Here’s what Glenn Kessler noted about the impeachment pretrial memorandum filed by the House Democrats on Feb. 2.

It says, “The insurrectionists killed a Capitol Police officer by striking him in the head with a fire extinguisher.”

President Donald Trump was impeached in the House on Jan. 13 and the trial was between Feb. 9-13. So they had every reason to know prior to the trial, even from the CNN report on Feb. 2, that this claim of death from being struck with a fire extinguisher by insurrectionists was false. Indeed they should have known since the ABC report and my report on Jan. 10, that there wasn’t any evidence for the fire extinguisher story; they should not have claimed that without evidence. But they made the claim anyway. Indeed by Feb. 2, it was clear even to CNN that Sicknick had no blunt trauma injuries indicating he was ever physically hit by anything.

Had the medical examiner’s report come in before the impeachment trial, saying that Sicknick died due to two strokes, that probably would have heavily impacted what they were trying to sell to people at the impeachment trial between February 9-13. The medical examiner’s report just came out today, April 19, after waiting since January 7. The length of time it took to get the report is troubling, to say the least.

The medical examiner did find evidence that Sicknick was sprayed with what is believed to have been bear spray, but no evidence that he had any allergic reaction to the spray. The medical examiner confirmed he had no internal or external injuries. But he said that Sicknick was one of the officers who responded to the riot and “all that transpired played a role in his condition.” The medical examiner refused to say if Sicknick had a prior medical condition, citing privacy concerns. The earlier ABC report indicated that he may have had an underlying condition, as I reported on Jan. 10.

But there’s no question that that impeachment trial memo was a flat-out falsehood, designed to make the worst possible case, falsely describing Sicknick’s death to hurt President Donald Trump when they had every reason to know there wasn’t evidence to support that claim. They had no proof when they made the charge, that’s how much their claims were worth.

Link
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2021 11:16 AM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-20-2021 11:13 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
The NYT and other media outlets stated he was killed by insurrectionists.

Sicknick's family said he died of natural causes.

Who does everyone believe?

The sheeple believe the media.

Rational people 1) believed the family and 2)knew the media was lying.

Of course, the fact that Democrats jumped on the whole insurrectionists narrative was another giveaway.

Greenwald blasts New York Times, media for initial reports on Sicknick's death: 'Complete fiction'

Quote:Washington's top medical examiner debunked a once-widespread media narrative on Monday by announcing U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick suffered two strokes and died of natural causes the day after he confronted Jan. 6 Capitol rioters.

Journalist Glenn Greenwald reminded readers that The New York Times "published an emotionally gut-wrenching but complete fiction that never had any evidence" by initially reporting, as Greenwald put it, that Sicknick’s "skull was savagely bashed in with a fire extinguisher by a pro-Trump mob until he died."

The Times reported on Jan. 8 that Sicknick died from injuries sustained while physically engaging with pro-Trump rioters and cited two anonymous law enforcement officials who claimed he was "struck with a fire extinguisher" during the insurrection. House impeachment managers used the Times article as evidence in their impeachment pre-trial memo for former President Donald Trump.

I don't care what your political affiliation is, but to even suggest that false, malicious reporting such as this is OK makes you a vile hack that has abandoned any sense of human decency and morality.
04-20-2021 12:20 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
So. Did he get vaccinated within a week of dying? Honest question.
04-20-2021 01:25 PM
king king Offline
Got Nothing on Me

I Root For: Your mom
Does the stress of dealing with what he was that day factor into the cause of death?

For example, if he had been calmly watching Congressional proceedings instead of dealing with a mob, would he have had an equally high chance of dying of stroke?

These are real questions and I'm actually curious as to whether the medical examiner takes these things into account when making a determination as to COD.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2021 08:32 AM by king king.)
04-21-2021 08:31 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
Call of Duty? I hear they are going to blow it up today at 11am.
04-21-2021 08:36 AM
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(04-21-2021 08:31 AM)king king Wrote:  Does the stress of dealing with what he was that day factor into the cause of death?

For example, if he had been calmly watching Congressional proceedings instead of dealing with a mob, would he have had an equally high chance of dying of stroke?

These are real questions and I'm actually curious as to whether the medical examiner takes these things into account when making a determination as to COD.

I call BS on that. If you are a "police officer" there is a chance you have to "deal with what he did that day" on any given day of the week. If you are not suited to deal with that on any given day you should not be in a position to deal with that ANY day.
04-21-2021 09:16 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(04-21-2021 09:16 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(04-21-2021 08:31 AM)king king Wrote:  Does the stress of dealing with what he was that day factor into the cause of death?

I call BS on that. If you are a "police officer" there is a chance you have to "deal with what he did that day" on any given day of the week. If you are not suited to deal with that on any given day you should not be in a position to deal with that ANY day.

This.All.Day.

Police are trained to deal with stress.
04-21-2021 09:19 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(04-19-2021 05:45 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Washington DC’s Chief Medical Examiner issued a statement early Monday afternoon with the results of Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick’s autopsy, which determined that Sicknick died of natural causes, more specifically, “acute brainstem and cerebellar infarcts due to acute basilar artery thrombosis.”

As Bonchie noted, Chief Medical Examiner Francisco J. Diaz also said that Sicknick did not suffer any type of allergic reaction to “any chemical irritants.” And, as we reported on February 5, the police union and Sicknick’s family believed the cause of death to be a stroke, based upon what they were told at the hospital.

The Capitol Police have now released a statement regarding these findings:

The USCP accepts the findings from the District of Columbia’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner that Officer Brian Sicknick died of natural causes. This does not change the fact Officer Sicknick died in the line of duty, courageously defending Congress and the Capitol.

The Department continues to mourn the loss of our beloved colleague. The attack on our officers, including Brian, was an attack on our democracy.

Working with the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia, the F.B.I.’s Washington Field Office and the Metropolitan Police Department, the USCP will continue to ensure those responsible for the assault against officers are held accountable.

Officer Sicknick, 42, joined the Department in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit.

On March 14, Julian Elie Khater, 32, of State College, Pennsylvania, and George Pierre Tanios, 39, of Morgantown, West Virginia, were arrested for assaulting Officer Sicknick.

Khater and Tanios are each charged with one count of conspiracy to injure an officer; three counts of assault on a federal officer with a dangerous weapon; one count of civil disorder; one count of obstructing or impeding an official proceeding; one count of physical violence on restricted grounds, while carrying dangerous weapon and resulting in significant bodily injury; and one count of violent entry and disorderly conduct, act of physical violence on Capitol grounds.

The United States Capitol Police will never forget Officer Sicknick’s bravery, nor the bravery of any officer on January 6, who risked their lives to defend our democracy.

Officer Sicknick’s family requests their privacy be respected during this difficult time.

Will this matter to all of the people – both progressives and the Never Trumpers who still call themselves conservatives – who relentlessly pushed the narrative that Sicknick was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher? Who cast all Republicans as murderers? Will the record even be corrected?

According to the timeline released by the Medical Examiner, Sicknick was sprayed around 2:20 p.m. and collapsed in his office around 10:00 p.m. This is a much longer time frame than suggested by the Capitol Police in a statement released immediately following Sicknick’s death in which they said he was “injured while physically engaging with protesters,” and then “he returned to his division office and collapsed,” and was taken to the hospital. He died around 9:30 p.m. the following night.

According to Law & Crime:

However, Diaz added that Sicknick having been among the officers who engaged with the Capitol mob “played a role in his condition.”

What role that engagement played is unclear from current reports. Did the stress of the day raise his blood pressure, leading to a stroke?

Obviously, using bear spray on a federal law enforcement officer who’s attempting to prevent an excited throng of people from overrunning the Capitol is wrong. Using bear spray on any law enforcement officer is wrong. If the two charged with doing that are guilty, they should face the appropriate consequences. But Democrat and feckless Republican politicians and their friends in the media need to stop making up “facts” to support their narrative. (I know, I’m not holding my breath.)

Link

Sounds vastly different from the fake news CNN “beaten to death with a fire extinguisher” narrative. At this point, it really seems like the divisive hate filled inaccurate propaganda CNN spews really ought to be banned from twitter and Facebook.
04-21-2021 09:35 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

CNN is a joke
04-21-2021 09:50 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.