Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Harris, Not Biden* Welcomes Japan PM to the White House
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Harris, Not Biden* Welcomes Japan PM to the White House
Quote:Vice President Kamala Harris met separately with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga on Friday morning during his visit to the White House complex.

Harris first welcomed Suga to the United States prior to their meeting in her office in the Executive Office Building across the street from the White House.

“It is now my great pleasure to welcome the prime minister of Japan and to thank him for this visit, which is the first visit to the United States of a world leader since we came in office,” Harris said.

She reminded Suga she hails from California, where there is “a very strong and vibrant Japanese American community.”

“It is a community which I have — with which I have worked and lived for my entire life,” she said.

Suga thanked Harris for the meeting.

“I’m also very delighted to have the opportunity to meet with you, Vice President Harris, face to face today and have a wonderful conversation,” he said. “So I very much look forward to it.”

The pair of leaders was later spotted on the balcony of the vice president’s office looking at the White House.

After the meeting, Suga traveled to the West Wing to visit President Joe Biden. He was greeted by the White House chief of protocol.

The timeline for the foreign visit was sharply different during former President Donald Trump’s administration.

Trump stood at the doors of the West Wing as Prime Minister Abe Shinzo visited the White House in 2017 and greeted him with a warm embrace:

[Image: GettyImages-969181950-1024x683.jpg]

Link

Video
04-16-2021 03:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Harris, Not Biden* Welcomes Japan PM to the White House
I wonder if he asked her, "hey, where's the Senile Old Fool at?" *snicker, snicker*
04-16-2021 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Biden will resign on April 29th (the day after day 100) citing health issues, that's my prediction. If he has Alzheimer's it's too dangerous for him to be POTUS. Serving 100 days checks off Dr. Jill's bucket list of being first lady.
04-16-2021 04:07 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
Maybe this will get him impeached.
04-16-2021 04:22 PM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
Did she bow first or just get straight down on her knees?
04-16-2021 04:27 PM
Advertisement

BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &
China told him not to attend.
He's a Chinese asset. They've been cultivating him for years.
Due to the illegal actions of the Biden family, he is likely already being blackmailed.
04-16-2021 04:51 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(04-16-2021 04:22 PM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Maybe this will get him impeached.

Only if his name was Trump (or any other Republican). 07-coffee3
04-16-2021 07:34 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

The world leaders must truly be laughing at this country for electing this incompetent boob to be our president.

It's embarrassing that the president invites a world leader to the White House for a visit - a key ally at that - and doesn't even extend the proper courtesy to him and his wife by showing up to greet him outside as they arrive.

Oh well, like they say, elect a Clown, expect a circus. 07-coffee3
04-16-2021 07:38 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

(04-16-2021 04:51 PM)BatonRougeEscapee Wrote:  China told him not to attend.
He's a Chinese asset. They've been cultivating him for years.
Due to the illegal actions of the Biden family, he is likely already being blackmailed.

Yeah, if it was President Chi, Biden probably picks him up at that airport for his state visit. 02-13-banana
04-16-2021 07:40 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Biden is immune from any real prosecution because he can always effectively argue diminished capacity. 02-13-banana
04-16-2021 07:46 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Sleepy Joe must have been in the midst of one of his naps.
04-16-2021 08:34 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:Joe Biden had his first meeting with a foreign head of state today, Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga.

Interestingly, Suga was initially met and shown around by Kamala Harris, not Joe Biden, prompting many to ask where was Biden? Why was she doing what you would normally think Biden would do?

But Suga then did see and talk with Biden in afternoon meetings, which were in part about how to deal with the aggressive moves being made by China in regard to Taiwan and how to have a coordinated response to that aggression.

After the meetings, they had a presser in the Rose Garden and that’s where it began to go over the slide.

First, according to the Fox broadcast, it appears that had Biden had trouble remembering the title of the foreign leader with whom he’d just met and with whom he was now holding a press conference. Who was he? The Vice President? The President? Biden wasn’t sure, although ultimately he did figure it out.

But if you listen to the White House video release as I did at around 6:10, you can listen to the edits right at that point, where those comments were made. So they’re literally remaking history by taking out anything that can be negative for Biden. They’re not even going to let you hear/see any mistakes from Biden. They really need to be called out on this and they would be if we had real media willing to hold them to account. There are also multiple other edits one can hear, what else was cut out?

Then, Biden also made a comment about the Japanese man who won the Masters golf tournament in Georgia. While the All Star game was apparently bad to have there, according to Biden, it appears that having the Masters there is just fine. Biden refers to the 29 year old winner, Hideki Matsuyama, as a “Japanese boy.” Yikes.

“I know how proud you are of the people of Japan are,” Biden said. “And you’ve got a Japanese boy coming over here, and guess what, he won the Masters.”

Wonder why Kamala was tasked to meet with the PM and show him around? It’s stuff like this.

One has to wonder what it was like in the private meetings, whether or not he completely confused Suga. But Biden likely had more help in the private meetings, and may get some cover for his confusion with the help of a translator.

Link

Quote:President Joe Biden demanded a crackdown on American’s constitutionally protected Second Amendment rights during a press conference on Friday during which he claimed that gun owners supported gun bans championed by Democrats.

Biden only took two questions, both from left-of-center publications, at the end of the press conference with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga. This comes after Biden’s controversial first press conference where he did not call on any right-of-center publications and appeared to have preselected the reporters he did call.

The first reporter, Associated Press’s Aamer Madhani, was slammed by media critics for acting like a “Democratic activist” because of the way that his question was framed, which seemed to push Biden to go harder after pursuing gun control, which is a left-wing agenda item.

“Mr. President, in your last press conference, you said successful presidents prioritize and that you were focusing [your] agenda on one thing at a time,” Madhani said. “And I’d like to just ask you, what would you say to many of Americans who voted for you about the legislative progress on gun control and police reform, having to wait while you pursue infrastructure, given that we continue to see these incidents with mass shootings, and also police-involved shootings, including the incident that a lot of us saw in Chicago most recently?”

“Do you feel any need to reprioritize your agenda?” Madhani asked.

The same “Democratic activist” reporter also asked a similar question to White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki earlier in the day.

“I’ve never not prioritized this; no one has worked harder to deal with the violence used by individuals using weapons than I have. I’m the only one ever to have passed an assault weapons ban. I’m the only one that ever got a 10 year ban on assault weapons and clips of more than 10 bullets,” Biden said. “Immediately upon us becoming an office, having an attorney general, I asked him to put together the things I could do by executive order, including dealing with new guns that can be made, you can buy in pieces and put together, and other, and other initiatives. I strongly support, I strongly support the universal background checks, which I continue to push. The Congress has to step up and act; the Senate has to act.”

“And I strongly support and continue and never stopped supporting the ban on assault weapons and magazines that hold more than 10 bullets. It doesn’t mean that I can’t also be working at the same time on the economy and on COVID. But it’s not a question of my being able to set the agenda in the Senate as to what they will move to first. And so I continue, and I strongly, strongly urge my Republican friends in the Congress, who even refuse to bring up the House-passed bill, to bring it up now. This has to end. It’s a national embarrassment. It is a national embarrassment, what’s going on.”

“The folks who own weapons, the folks who own guns, they support universal background checks, majority of them think we should not be selling assault weapons,” Biden claimed without evidence. “Who in God’s name needs a weapon that can hold 100 rounds, or 40 rounds, or 20 rounds. It’s just wrong. And I’m not going to give up till it’s done.”

Later in the press conference, Biden could not even get the name of the Iran nuclear deal correct, which is the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).

Link
04-16-2021 08:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I'm sure he was thrilled to have gotten the second stringer.

A good look on our part. If I was that guy I'd invite slow Joe over to Japan and send out the janitor to welcome him.
04-16-2021 10:23 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Harris, Not Biden* Welcomes Japan PM to the White House
(04-16-2021 04:07 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Biden will resign on April 29th (the day after day 100) citing health issues, that's my prediction. If he has Alzheimer's it's too dangerous for him to be POTUS. Serving 100 days checks off Dr. Jill's bucket list of being first lady.

Ima guessing something like October 15, to try and salvage the midterms (which won’t happen) this is why these lunatics are trying to ram through as much leftist crap as quickly as they can.

I honestly don’t think they win in the end, when have Marxists?

May well be another rather long slog, I believe we’re up to that.
04-16-2021 10:44 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Unless the POTUS was very ill, handling a dire emergency, or out of the country, have we ever had the VPOTUS greet and meet a foreign PM or other high dignitary alone especially a longtime close ally like Japan?

Very weird. Biden's handlers must be afraid off script he will screw up. Heck he screws up on script so there concern was valid.

Wonder what the Japanese PM thought of getting the #2? Protocol, manners and respect matter a lot - even more so in Japan.
04-17-2021 08:23 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Kamala: You'll deal with me now.

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021 10:16 AM by CliftonAve.)
04-17-2021 10:16 AM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC

He's would have to be the real president first. *
04-17-2021 10:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.