Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Florida gets tough on rioters
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Florida gets tough on rioters
Passed the senate.

The newspaper notes that Democrats and civil rights organizations specifically point to the provisions in the bill that "grant civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road; prevent people arrested for rioting or offenses committed during a riot from bailing out of jail until their first court appearance; and impose a six-month mandatory sentence for battery on a police officer during a riot."

Sounds like a solid start to me.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/florida-bill-...d/1017873/
04-16-2021 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
RE: Florida gets tough on rioters
Looks at DL, and is so thankful it says Florida. Finally out of Liberal loony lands.
04-16-2021 01:59 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
It's about time someone had the guts to implement something like this. These jerkheads have immunity to commit whatever crime that they want only because some states don't have any balls. That part about vehicles being able to drive through protestors is a big step and if those protestors they'll learn not to test it because I'm sure there are some people that are fed up with how they operate and would want to have the right to defend themselves by driving out of trouble. You stop and you're doomed, but not anymore.

I'm moving to Florida and I won't forget my fishing rods for sure. 03-wink
04-16-2021 02:57 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quote:The Oklahoma Senate passed a bill this week that would give legal protections to drivers who hit protesters with their vehicles while fleeing during a riot. The legislation would also create new penalties for rioters.

House Bill 1674, as previously reported by TheBlaze, would create a new section of law to protect motorists that strike one or more persons while fleeing from a riot from criminal liability if the motorist had a reasonable belief that their actions were necessary to protect themselves from serious injury or death. The bill would also impose penalties for protesters that "unlawfully obstruct streets or highways, blocking vehicles," KFOR-TV reported.

"We actually saw this happen here in Oklahoma last year when a Tulsa family was surrounded by rioters. Through no fault of their own, they were caught in a dangerous situation, and fearing for their lives, they were attempting to get away," bill sponsor state Sen. Rob Standridge ® said. "The prosecutor declined to file charges, but that may not always be the case. This bill will protect innocent people trapped by a rioting mob."

Any driver who "unintentionally causes injury or death" while fleeing from a riot in their vehicle would be protected under the proposed law.
Individuals who "unlawfully obstruct" approaching vehicles from using a public street, highway, or road or endanger a vehicle's or person's safe movement would be subject to misdemeanor penalties. Those found guilty could be punishable by up to one year in county jail and/or a fine ranging from $100 to $500, as well as liability for damage to person or property, according to KFOR-TV.

"This bill adds to language in existing law regarding riots and is directly in line with the Tulsa district attorney's decision over the summer that protected a motorist fleeing a riot," state Rep. Kevin West ®, one of the bill's co-authors, explained. "This is an important protection for citizens who are just trying to get out of a bad situation. When fleeing an unlawful riot, they should not face threat of prosecution for trying to protect themselves, their families or their property."

However, critics say the bill would infringe upon Oklahomans' right to protest.
CAIR-OK, the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, released a statement opposing the bill after it passed the Senate Wednesday.

"This law is dangerous and meant to discourage Oklahomans from exercising their constitutional right to peaceful protest," CAIR-OK government affairs director Lani R. Habrock said. "This bill is one of many across the country seeking to suppress the voice of the people."

In a statement to TheBlaze, Standridge responded to CAIR-OK, characterizing the incident in Tulsa last summer as a violent crime committed against the family in the vehicle.

"Surrounding a vehicle full of innocent people, then threatening to drag them out and beat them up, is not constitutionally-protected, it's not peaceful, and it's not a protest. It's a crime. If it's illegal to hitchhike on the interstate, which it is, it certainly should be illegal to deliberately block traffic and menacingly threaten passersby," Standridge said. "If we ignore what happened in Tulsa last summer it emboldens every anarchist and Marxist to run roughshod through our streets."

The bill now heads to Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt for either his signature or veto.

Link

04-16-2021 03:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JMUDunk Online
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Good to see there is some semblance of sanity in spots, as unfortunately isolated as they are.

The hitchhiking on the interstate point is an interesting one I hadn't thought of. You can't hitchhike, but these lunatics think you can stroll on out into the middle, sit down and block traffic entirely.

Lock them up!
04-16-2021 03:23 PM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
(04-16-2021 01:59 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Looks at DL, and is so thankful it says Florida. Finally out of Liberal loony lands.

There are still too many liberal loony lands here in Florida, especially thanks to all the liberals who hate the condition their states are in but come here and vote for the same stuff. Just imagine where we'd have been if these a-hole "permanent snowbirds" had gotten their way and elected the gay crack smoker instead of DeSantis.

But yeah, it's nice to know that if these morons block the roads I don't have to risk going to jail to save my life, I can just put the Jeep in 4 wheel and worry about cleaning the blood off it later.
04-16-2021 04:41 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(04-16-2021 04:41 PM)No2rdame Wrote:  
(04-16-2021 01:59 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  Looks at DL, and is so thankful it says Florida. Finally out of Liberal loony lands.

There are still too many liberal loony lands here in Florida, especially thanks to all the liberals who hate the condition their states are in but come here and vote for the same stuff. Just imagine where we'd have been if these a-hole "permanent snowbirds" had gotten their way and elected the gay crack smoker instead of DeSantis.

But yeah, it's nice to know that if these morons block the roads I don't have to risk going to jail to save my life, I can just put the Jeep in 4 wheel and worry about cleaning the blood off it later.

We need Texas to be in that corner too. Here in EP we don't need it yet but who knows the way things are going. I'll need to get my truck a "mata burros" that bar that goes across the front of your truck in case you hit a cow, horse or deer.
04-16-2021 05:27 PM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(04-16-2021 01:57 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Passed the senate.

The newspaper notes that Democrats and civil rights organizations specifically point to the provisions in the bill that "grant civil legal immunity to people who drive through protesters blocking a road; prevent people arrested for rioting or offenses committed during a riot from bailing out of jail until their first court appearance; and impose a six-month mandatory sentence for battery on a police officer during a riot."

Sounds like a solid start to me.

https://www.newsmax.com/us/florida-bill-...d/1017873/

This is what real leadership looks like! I need to move to Florida. 07-coffee3
04-16-2021 07:42 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Florida gets tough on rioters
Florida is full, go to Bama

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
04-16-2021 09:38 PM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(04-16-2021 05:27 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(04-16-2021 04:41 PM)No2rdame Wrote:  

We need Texas to be in that corner too. Here in EP we don't need it yet but who knows the way things are going. I'll need to get my truck a "mata burros" that bar that goes across the front of your truck in case you hit a cow, horse or deer.

03-lmfao03-lmfao That “mata burro” would be real handy!......put dents in the dumba$$ that stood if front of your truck instead of the other way around!!03-lmfao03-lmfao
04-16-2021 09:57 PM
UofMstateU Offline
Legend

It has been signed into law. They dont fart around down in Florida.

04-19-2021 01:35 PM
Advertisement

No2rdame Offline
All American

(04-19-2021 01:35 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  It has been signed into law. They dont fart around down in Florida.

Don't you like how the media immediately labeled it "controversial?" Uh, being able to run over thugs blocking the street, not letting them get bailed out of jail by Soros, increasing penalties, etc. What is the controversial part of this?
04-19-2021 01:39 PM
No2rdame Offline
All American

(04-16-2021 09:38 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Florida is full, go to Bama

We can open our doors for any that want to come here to counter all the votes from the "we do it better in New York" crowd that keeps moving down here like cockroaches to a dirty kitchen. Thanks to that crowd, look at what we almost ended up with as governor. Hotel rooms, prostitutes, and drugs? I mean, Gillum is pretty darn close to Hunter if you ask me.

But, if Florida isn't to their liking, they could use the red votes in Georgia, too.
04-19-2021 01:44 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
To be fair, the last 4 governor races have been within a percentage point
04-19-2021 01:47 PM
No2rdame Offline
All American

(04-19-2021 01:47 PM)fsquid Wrote:  To be fair, the last 4 governor races have been within a percentage point

Thank God this one went in the direction of DeSantis.
04-19-2021 01:51 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Unconstitutional. Everybody has a right to peaceably assemble. There are already laws regarding assault, robbery and trespassing. It will be embarrassing when the SC strikes this down.
04-20-2021 06:06 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-16-2021 03:13 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:The Oklahoma Senate passed a bill this week that would give legal protections to drivers who hit protesters with their vehicles while fleeing during a riot. The legislation would also create new penalties for rioters.

House Bill 1674, as previously reported by TheBlaze, would create a new section of law to protect motorists that strike one or more persons while fleeing from a riot from criminal liability if the motorist had a reasonable belief that their actions were necessary to protect themselves from serious injury or death. The bill would also impose penalties for protesters that "unlawfully obstruct streets or highways, blocking vehicles," KFOR-TV reported.

"We actually saw this happen here in Oklahoma last year when a Tulsa family was surrounded by rioters. Through no fault of their own, they were caught in a dangerous situation, and fearing for their lives, they were attempting to get away," bill sponsor state Sen. Rob Standridge ® said. "The prosecutor declined to file charges, but that may not always be the case. This bill will protect innocent people trapped by a rioting mob."

Any driver who "unintentionally causes injury or death" while fleeing from a riot in their vehicle would be protected under the proposed law.
Individuals who "unlawfully obstruct" approaching vehicles from using a public street, highway, or road or endanger a vehicle's or person's safe movement would be subject to misdemeanor penalties. Those found guilty could be punishable by up to one year in county jail and/or a fine ranging from $100 to $500, as well as liability for damage to person or property, according to KFOR-TV.

"This bill adds to language in existing law regarding riots and is directly in line with the Tulsa district attorney's decision over the summer that protected a motorist fleeing a riot," state Rep. Kevin West ®, one of the bill's co-authors, explained. "This is an important protection for citizens who are just trying to get out of a bad situation. When fleeing an unlawful riot, they should not face threat of prosecution for trying to protect themselves, their families or their property."

However, critics say the bill would infringe upon Oklahomans' right to protest.
CAIR-OK, the Oklahoma chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, released a statement opposing the bill after it passed the Senate Wednesday.

"This law is dangerous and meant to discourage Oklahomans from exercising their constitutional right to peaceful protest," CAIR-OK government affairs director Lani R. Habrock said. "This bill is one of many across the country seeking to suppress the voice of the people."

In a statement to TheBlaze, Standridge responded to CAIR-OK, characterizing the incident in Tulsa last summer as a violent crime committed against the family in the vehicle.

"Surrounding a vehicle full of innocent people, then threatening to drag them out and beat them up, is not constitutionally-protected, it's not peaceful, and it's not a protest. It's a crime. If it's illegal to hitchhike on the interstate, which it is, it certainly should be illegal to deliberately block traffic and menacingly threaten passersby," Standridge said. "If we ignore what happened in Tulsa last summer it emboldens every anarchist and Marxist to run roughshod through our streets."

The bill now heads to Republican Gov. Kevin Stitt for either his signature or veto.

Link

Fuqn idiots think they can stop 3 - 4 tons of metal with their minds or what?
04-20-2021 06:26 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-20-2021 06:06 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Unconstitutional. Everybody has a right to peaceably assemble. There are already laws regarding assault, robbery and trespassing. It will be embarrassing when the SC strikes this down.

You have a right to peacefully assemble yes. You don't have a right to impede traffic or threaten the safety of others. If you feel so strongly about it I'll give you a ride down there and help you get set up in the middle of the interstate. Ok, well, I'll watch you set up anyway.
04-20-2021 06:29 AM
450bench Offline

(04-20-2021 06:06 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Unconstitutional. Everybody has a right to peaceably assemble. There are already laws regarding assault, robbery and trespassing. It will be embarrassing when the SC strikes this down.

Liberals only apply laws when those laws benefit themselves.

Not in Florida. Not anymore.
04-20-2021 06:37 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(04-16-2021 09:38 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Florida is full, go to Bama

Shut your ho mouth
04-20-2021 06:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.