Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Jordan Lights Up Fauci
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Jordan Lights Up Fauci

Quote:Congressman Jim Jordan (R-OH) on Thursday slammed Dr. Anthony Fauci for failing to provide a timeline for life to resume as normal. Dr. Fauci has said Americans need to continue with COVID precautions, including mask-wearing, social distancing, and large gatherings.

“Dr. Fauci, when is the time? When do Americans get their freedom back?” Jordan asked during a House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis hearing.

According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) head, those precautions need to remain in place until “the level of infection” throughout the country improves. Jordan asked for a tangible number.

“We had ’15 days to slow the spread’ turned into one year of lost liberty,” Jordan fired back. “What metrics, what measures, what has to happen before Americans get more freedoms?”

The goal, according to Dr. Fauci, is to “get as many people vaccinated as quickly as we possibly can.” That would help lower the number of COVID cases in the U.S. so it’s not a “threat,” he explained.

“What determines when? What measure?” Jordan asked. “Are we just going to continue this forever? When, when do we get to the point, what measure, what standard, objective outcome, do we have to reach before Americans get their liberties and freedoms back?”

“You’re looking at it as liberty and freedom. I look at it as a public health measure to prevent people from dying and going to the hospital,” Fauci said.

“You don’t think Americans’ liberties have been threatened over the last year, Dr. Fauci? They’ve been assaulted!” Jordan shot back. “Their liberties have.”

Dr. Fauci reiterated his stance that he views what’s taking place as a “public health measure,” not as a “liberties issue.”

“You think the Constitution is suspended during a virus, during a pandemic?” the congressman asked. “It’s certainly not.”

Dr. Fauci said the level of infection across the country is so high that there’s a probability of another “surge” taking place.

Congressman Jordan reminded Dr. Fauci that American’s First Amendment rights, including the right to attend church and freedom of the press have been “assaulted” over the last year. He highlighted the varying COVID restrictions in states, ranging from curfews in Ohio to a ban on gatherings in Vermont.

Jordan also pointed to pictures on the wall behind him of overcrowded Border Patrol facilities. “These very picture that Rep. Scalise just showed you and talked about, guess what? The press isn’t allowed in those facilities. The Biden administration won’t let the press in there [because of COVID] …,” he said

Dr. Fauci took issue with the points Jordan made.

“You’re making this a personal thing and it isn’t,” Fauci said. “… My recommendations are not a personal recommendation. It’s based on the CDC guidance, which is –”

Jordan fired back, saying the NIAID head has failed to provide specific metrics for when life can go back to normal.

“Right now we have about 60,000 cases of infections a day, which is a very large risk for a surge. We’re not talking about liberties. We’re talking about a pandemic that has killed 560,000 Americans,” Dr. Fauci said.

Congressman Jim Clyburn (D-SC) chimed in, saying First Amendment rights will return when “90% of the members of the United States Congress get vaccinated.”

Jordan replied saying he wanted to hear from Dr. Fauci.

“I want to know if that’s what Dr. Fauci thinks. Is it 90%, Dr. Fauci? Is it 90%?” Jordan asked. “That’s what I’d like to know. Give us some objective standards verses when somethings are reached we might be able to get back to having our liberty. When? What are the numbers?”

Instead of providing a tangible number, Dr. Fauci answered again with generalities.

Clyburn responded again. “When 90% of the members of the United States Congress get vaccinated.

Jordan fired back. “Mr. Chairman, I don’t want you to answer my question. The American people want Dr. Fauci to answer the question.”

Link

It doesn't state anything about 90% anywhere in the constitution.
04-15-2021 03:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
RE: Jordan Lights Up Fauci
WOW. That was somethin'. And Maxine Watters needs to "shut her mouth".
04-15-2021 05:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(04-15-2021 05:05 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  WOW. That was somethin'. And Maxine Watters needs to "shut her mouth".

That little tv preacher pos Fauci needs a good arse whippin
04-15-2021 05:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(04-15-2021 05:09 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(04-15-2021 05:05 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  WOW. That was somethin'. And Maxine Watters needs to "shut her mouth".

That little tv preacher pos Fauci needs a good arse whippin

Looks like he just got one in that video! That was a glorious thing of beauty seeing Jordon annihilate that little weasel and watching the 2 low IQ morons Maxine and Clyburn try to save him. 03-lmfao

Made my afternoon watching this!
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2021 05:21 PM by MemTigers1998.)
04-15-2021 05:20 PM
NCeagle Offline
NOT BANNED

I Root For: Ga Southern
Couldn't the states and local municipalities fully open up everything right now if they wanted?
04-16-2021 06:38 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(04-16-2021 06:38 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  Couldn't the states and local municipalities fully open up everything right now if they wanted?
Yes but its easier to blame someone than to lead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
04-16-2021 06:43 AM
Advertisement

Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Gym Jordan is a complete idiot and is complicit in the needless death of over 550,000 Americans over the past year.
04-16-2021 07:21 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-16-2021 07:21 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Gym Jordan is a complete idiot and is complicit in the needless death of over 550,000 Americans over the past year.

03-lmfao

yeah, ok

Just remember, moron - Joe Biden said "China isnt the enemy. The Chinese are good people" and yet they're the ones who cooked up this virus. Biden's buddies.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021 07:28 AM by MemTigers1998.)
04-16-2021 07:26 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-16-2021 07:21 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Gym Jordan is a complete idiot and is complicit in the needless death of over 550,000 Americans over the past year.

Actually Fauci had more to do with that than a Congressman from Ohio. But nice try.
04-16-2021 07:28 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Jordan Lights Up Fauci

He is?

What did he do?

Did he reject masks before he recommended 3 masks? Did he say no need for travel restrictions before he said yea, travel restrictions?

Do tell, what have the “experts” gotten right since day one?

Clown world

Suckers
04-16-2021 07:34 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-16-2021 07:34 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  

He is?

What did he do?

Did he reject masks before he recommended 3 masks? Did he say no need for travel restrictions before he said yea, travel restrictions?

Do tell, what have the “experts” gotten right since day one?

Clown world

Suckers

And not one of the bureaucrats was fired.
04-16-2021 07:35 AM
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Last year, Fauci said we would have 2.2 million deaths in the U.S. if "we didn't do anything." Yet the states and countries that "didn't do anything" by his standards fared as well in the long run as those who followed his guidance. So what the hell did he do to help?

Not to mention, who is the one person who was most responsible for funding "gain of function" research which almost certainly led to this whole disaster, even after he was told to stop?

And what caused the outburst by Jordan was Fauci's refusal to name a number at which we get all our rights back, b/c then Fauci couldn't move the goalposts for the hundredth time.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021 07:42 AM by TripleA.)
04-16-2021 07:41 AM
Danforth Offline
Banned

I Root For: Oregon
Jordan obviously doesn't understand simple science.

What a moron.
04-16-2021 08:53 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-16-2021 08:53 AM)Danforth Wrote:  Fauci obviously doesn't understand simple constitutional freedoms.

What a moron.

FYP
04-16-2021 08:55 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao Stick to sports where your observations are usually spot on. You miss the mark every single time when you attempt to defend your ideology and cast aspersions on your political opponents.
04-16-2021 09:14 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
If Gym only cared about the wrestlers at O$U with this much passion.....
04-16-2021 09:15 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-16-2021 08:53 AM)Danforth Wrote:  Jordan obviously doesn't understand simple science.

What a moron.

Dude, I am trying to give you the chance to contribute in a meaningful way but this is all you seem to have. Ditch the talking points that simply aren't working on rational people.
04-16-2021 09:16 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(04-16-2021 06:43 AM)fsquid Wrote:  
(04-16-2021 06:38 AM)NCeagle Wrote:  Couldn't the states and local municipalities fully open up everything right now if they wanted?
Yes but its easier to blame someone than to lead.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Or it's easier to give a snarky response than to speak the facts.

The states that have opened up are typically led by Republican governors. Those that remain in partial lock downs tend to be led by Democrat governors. It has nothing to do with being "easier to blame someone than to lead" when talking about states fully opening up right now if they wanted. They are being led by their state's governors.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2021 10:27 AM by ODU BBALL.)
04-16-2021 10:27 AM
ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(04-16-2021 09:15 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  If Gym only cared about the wrestlers at O$U with this much passion.....

Dodge, deflect, etc.

As usual, your comment adds nothing to the topic.
04-16-2021 10:29 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-16-2021 10:30 AM)smudge12 Wrote:  Perspective is always interesting, because most people I know actually thought Dr. Fauci lit up Rep. Jordan. But obviously this is a conservative board and I live in a liberal area.

Just shows you how divided - fundamentally - this nation is.

It shows there must be a bunch of naive idiots living around you. Watching that video and thinking Fauci took it to JJ is like seeing Bama 52, tOSU 24 and saying "boy the Buckeyes sure handled them"
04-16-2021 10:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.