Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Teacher Likens Americans To Nazis, Compares Slavery To The Holocaust
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Teacher Likens Americans To Nazis, Compares Slavery To The Holocaust
Quote:A North Carolina high school teacher’s lesson on slavery likened slavery in America to the Holocaust and stated that Americans acknowledge the horror of the Holocaust but are reluctant to “take responsibility for the degradations of enslaved people that took place on American soil.” When a Jewish parent objected, acknowledging that the Holocaust and slavery were both atrocities but saying to make them synonymous was inaccurate, another teacher wrote, “You give Jewish people a bad name,” then reportedly privately messaged the Jewish parent, “F*** off.”

The initial incident that provoked Brooke Weiss, the parent of an 11th-grade student in an Ardrey Kell High School English class, was initiated by the teacher, who asked her students what a fictional character had learned after reading that “the Germans had been trying to do only in a few years what the Americans had worked at for nearly two hundred,” as The Washington Free Beacon reported.

The students were asked to choose from multiple answers for the correct answer, which read:

While the monstrosities of the Holocaust may have been more intense over a shorter period of time, those who lived through slavery endured conditions just as horrible over a much longer duration. Yet while Americans are largely comfortable acknowledging the events of the Holocaust as the worst impulses of mankind, there is often more hesitancy to take responsibility for the degradations of enslaved people that took place on American soil.

The Nazis murdered six million Jews during the Holocaust, including one million children. Their genocidal plan was to exterminate every Jew in Europe. As Yad Vashem has noted, “At the Wannsee Conference in January 1942, German government and SS leaders met to coordinate the extermination of every Jew in Europe. From this time until the end of the war in 1945, the ‘Final Solution’ was official Nazi policy and meant only one thing – total extermination of Europe’s Jews.”

Weiss, apprised of what had transpired in the class, shared a screenshot of the question on Facebook in early January and stated her concerns abut the matter. She told the Free Beacon, “Slavery and genocide are different things, but they’re both atrocities. There’s no value in putting those words in the same sentence, other than pitting those two groups against each other.”

After Weiss’ post on Facebook, a Charlotte public school teacher responded that Weiss was “literally cray cray,” adding, “You give Jewish people a bad name.” She sent a private message to Weiss stating, “F*** off.”

Rabbi Abraham Cooper of the Simon Wiesenthal Center told the Free Beacon, “The whole issue is not to compare. We don’t need a pecking order of victimhood and suffering. We need to learn objectively what happened.”

Cooper pointed out that anti-Semitic preacher Louis Farrakhan has used comparisons similar to the teacher’s to foment hatred between Jews and black Americans. He added, “When you start first and foremost is you start with the facts. You have to try to humanize history. Beyond that, especially for Americans, we need to be empathetic to our neighbors, and to do that you need to do research, you need to read, and you need to knock at your neighbor’s door.”

Link

Why do we make the mistake thinking teachers are smart or tolerant people. They hang around adolescents all day.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021 01:04 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-17-2021 09:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Teacher Likens Americans To Nazis, Compares Slavery To The Holocaust
Can’t get link to work. What’s the teachers name?
04-17-2021 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
Slavery lasted longer and killed more people. I would also add the killing an removal of native Americans.
04-17-2021 10:42 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-17-2021 10:42 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Slavery lasted longer and killed more people. I would also add the killing an removal of native Americans.

God. I loathe your idiocy. We’re Slaves gassed? Millions of them in like a decade? Grow a fvcking brain.
04-17-2021 10:44 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-17-2021 10:42 AM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  Slavery lasted longer and killed more people. I would also add the killing an removal of native Americans.

[Image: original.jpg]
04-17-2021 10:50 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

04-17-2021 10:51 AM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

04-17-2021 10:51 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

04-17-2021 10:53 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

You really are an idiot. What incentive did slave owners have to kill their property, property that they paid good money for? I've never seen pictures of slaves emaciated to the point that Jews were. I never heard about the deaths of 6 million slaves.

You obviously don't understand that slaves were money makers for their owners and as such had value that certainly disappeared in the event of a particular slaves death.

While slavery was, and in case you aren't aware still is, monstrous and atrocious there was never a mass genocide committed against them by the people who bought and sold them.

Do you have any functioning brain cells or are you simply trolling with this stupidity?
04-17-2021 11:07 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-17-2021 10:53 AM)No Bull Wrote:  

Stop exciting him with pictures of dead and near dead white people.
04-17-2021 11:08 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(04-17-2021 10:31 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Can’t get link to work. What’s the teachers name?

Link Fixed

Her name is Lisa Patrizio.
04-17-2021 01:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
If you cant do, teach.
04-17-2021 01:10 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(04-17-2021 01:10 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  If you cant do, teach.

Which is why the education system is rampant with leftists.
04-17-2021 01:11 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(04-17-2021 01:10 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  If you cant do, teach.
If you can't admit what you are project, is more like it. The teachers in public education are part of Joseph Goebbels and Joseph Stalin's propaganda wings. If the students can't think for themselves they will be slaves. If they don't follow the party line they will be liquidated by the government those who teach would have.

And a little bit more of history they don't teach you. Before the first European slave traders came to the coast of Africa the tribes were raiding each other's villages, killing or taking each other's men for slave labor, and stealing the children and women they didn't kill. White Europeans simply provided a new form of currency for the slavery that already existed. Consequently before whites settled North America it was common practice for differing tribes of Native Americans to raid each other villages for food stores, take women as slaves and wives, take children, and kill the neighboring tribes warriors. The wars between the Native Americans and White Settlers simply went like all wars. The ones with the greater technology won. Flintlocks trumped bows and arrows. Disease as a factor was an unintended advantage which was later weaponized, much like Viruses, Bacteria, and Nerve agents are today.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021 02:29 PM by JRsec.)
04-17-2021 02:22 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-17-2021 01:06 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
(04-17-2021 10:31 AM)No Bull Wrote:  Can’t get link to work. What’s the teachers name?

Link Fixed

Her name is Lisa Patrizio.

National media is dropping the ball on this story. Hope she loses her job.
04-17-2021 07:10 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-17-2021 11:08 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(04-17-2021 10:53 AM)No Bull Wrote:  

Stop exciting him with pictures of dead and near dead white people.

I am sure.
04-17-2021 07:11 PM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Incredible
04-17-2021 08:04 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

(04-17-2021 10:44 AM)No Bull Wrote:  

God. I loathe your idiocy. We’re Slaves gassed? Millions of them in like a decade? Grow a fvcking brain.

Gassing wasn't the method of killing then. Beaten, starved, shot, hung, etc. Millions of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Passage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_o...us_peoples
04-17-2021 09:59 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

(04-17-2021 11:07 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

You really are an idiot. What incentive did slave owners have to kill their property, property that they paid good money for? I've never seen pictures of slaves emaciated to the point that Jews were. I never heard about the deaths of 6 million slaves.

You obviously don't understand that slaves were money makers for their owners and as such had value that certainly disappeared in the event of a particular slaves death.

While slavery was, and in case you aren't aware still is, monstrous and atrocious there was never a mass genocide committed against them by the people who bought and sold them.

Do you have any functioning brain cells or are you simply trolling with this stupidity?

That's the dumbest statement of the day. Sorry that pictures didn't exist in 1700s. Millions of slaves died coming across The Atlantic, sorry no video.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2021 10:01 PM by swagsurfer11.)
04-17-2021 10:00 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
So if only 388,000 Africans were actually brought to the United States, how did the slave trade by the US kill more than the Holocaust.

You are an ignorant, lying, leftist douche troll

https://www.abhmuseum.org/how-many-afric...ave-trade/
04-17-2021 10:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.