Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Jennifer Garner Blames Severe Weather On Inability To Go On Trip With Jill Biden…
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Jennifer Garner Blames Severe Weather On Inability To Go On Trip With Jill Biden…
Quote:“Alias” star Jennifer Garner bailed on a Friday trip to Alabama with first lady Jill Biden and apparently blamed the potential for thunderstorms.

The first lady pressed forward with her plan to visit Birmingham to promote the recent expansion of child tax credits, which advocates say will reduce childhood poverty.

“Due to severe weather forecasts, actor and philanthropist Jennifer Garner will not travel for the event,” the White House said in a statement Thursday.

According to the National Weather Service, Birmingham will be partly sunny Friday with a high temperature around 81 degrees and a “40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10 am.”

The government forecast worsens Friday night into early Saturday — well after Jill Biden’s delegation is expected to return to Washington.

The overnight forecast projects: “Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 am. Some of the storms could be severe. Low around 62. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.”

Jill Biden is scheduled to visit the James Rushton Early Learning Center in Birmingham and to deliver a speech at the YWCA of Central Alabama in Birmingham.

The trip will “amplify how the American Rescue Plan addresses childhood poverty and will cut child poverty by half,” her office said.

Reps for the “13 Going on 30” star did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment.

The first lady’s trip is part of the Biden administration’s “Help is Here” tour, which promotes his more than $2 trillion COVID-19 stimulus plan, which Biden signed last month after it passed Congress with no Republican votes.

The event had originally been scheduled for March 26 but was rescheduled because it was set to happen a day after a destructive tornado hit Alabama, killing five and damaging hundreds of homes.

Link
04-09-2021 11:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
RE: Jennifer Garner Blames Severe Weather On Inability To Go On Trip With Jill Biden…
So????? What do we think is going on here? Is Jennifer distancing herself from this admin, and if so, for what reason? I guess what I'm really asking is, do we like Jennifer now? She's too pretty to hate. Well... except for those stupid Capital One commercials.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021 12:50 PM by geosnooker2000.)
04-09-2021 12:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dfarr Offline
Murse Practitioner

I Root For: UAB
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Jennifer Garner Blames Severe Weather On Inability To Go On Trip With Jill Biden…
How is an extra $3k just for this year going to reduce child poverty? The kids who live in poverty likely have parents who are comfortable living in poverty and have been raised in the same system.
04-10-2021 09:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(04-09-2021 11:19 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:“Alias” star Jennifer Garner bailed on a Friday trip to Alabama with first lady Jill Biden and apparently blamed the potential for thunderstorms.

The first lady pressed forward with her plan to visit Birmingham to promote the recent expansion of child tax credits, which advocates say will reduce childhood poverty.

“Due to severe weather forecasts, actor and philanthropist Jennifer Garner will not travel for the event,” the White House said in a statement Thursday.

According to the National Weather Service, Birmingham will be partly sunny Friday with a high temperature around 81 degrees and a “40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10 am.”

The government forecast worsens Friday night into early Saturday — well after Jill Biden’s delegation is expected to return to Washington.

The overnight forecast projects: “Showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1 am. Some of the storms could be severe. Low around 62. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.”

Jill Biden is scheduled to visit the James Rushton Early Learning Center in Birmingham and to deliver a speech at the YWCA of Central Alabama in Birmingham.

The trip will “amplify how the American Rescue Plan addresses childhood poverty and will cut child poverty by half,” her office said.

Reps for the “13 Going on 30” star did not immediately respond to The Post’s request for comment.

The first lady’s trip is part of the Biden administration’s “Help is Here” tour, which promotes his more than $2 trillion COVID-19 stimulus plan, which Biden signed last month after it passed Congress with no Republican votes.

The event had originally been scheduled for March 26 but was rescheduled because it was set to happen a day after a destructive tornado hit Alabama, killing five and damaging hundreds of homes.

Link

I cant say I blame her for using a lame excuse to keep from going to that shitehole birmingham
04-10-2021 09:16 AM
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
(04-10-2021 09:16 AM)shere khan Wrote:  I cant say I blame her for using a lame excuse to keep from going to that shitehole birmingham

I would say I don't blame her for using a lame excuse to keep from going anywhere with that witch. And feel free to substitute consonants if you wish.
04-10-2021 09:23 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I'm guessing that she's just met and spent time with Jill the pill in the recent past... and that will be the last time that happens.

Next time Jill calls Jennifer will have a piece of paper close by to wad up by the phone and say that they have a bad connection.
04-10-2021 10:27 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-09-2021 12:49 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  So????? What do we think is going on here? Is Jennifer distancing herself from this admin, and if so, for what reason? I guess what I'm really asking is, do we like Jennifer now? She's too pretty to hate. Well... except for those stupid Capital One commercials.

A post on Jennifer Gardner with no pictures? You should get a -1.04-cheers
04-10-2021 10:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.