Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I borrowed this Tweet on recruiting, administrations, and fan bases
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
I borrowed this Tweet on recruiting, administrations, and fan bases
"Recruits pay attention to a lot more than recruiting pitches; They observe administrations; they observe fanbases. More importantly, they observe HOW fanbases TREAT players and coaches. It’s something that folks on the innawebs might want to pay attention to. Ijs "

As I always say, social media is social. People read what you post, Tweet, etc.

I suggest that posters be careful about how they treat coaches and players. As the above Tweet shows, posts and Tweets get read.

One thing I've gotten into the habit of doing is Tweeting, "Congrats and Welcome" to our new verbals.

The Tweet I borrowed may have been referring to the Maryland situation where the fans are rabid but they sometimes don't like a head coach (e.g., Turgeon), etc.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021 11:25 AM by emu steve.)
04-01-2021 11:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: I borrowed this Tweet on recruiting, administrations, and fan bases
(04-01-2021 11:23 AM)emu steve Wrote:  "Recruits pay attention to a lot more than recruiting pitches; They observe administrations; they observe fanbases. More importantly, they observe HOW fanbases TREAT players and coaches. It’s something that folks on the innawebs might want to pay attention to. Ijs "

As I always say, social media is social. People read what you post, Tweet, etc.

I suggest that posters be careful about how they treat coaches and players. As the above Tweet shows, posts and Tweets get read.

One thing I've gotten into the habit of doing is Tweeting, "Congrats and Welcome" to our new verbals.

The Tweet I borrowed may have been referring to the Maryland situation where the fans are rabid but they sometimes don't like a head coach (e.g., Turgeon), etc.

Sports is also about opinions and people should be free to express such. I am not interested in being anyone's Rug Doctor where unpleasant facts,are swept under the rug or all the spin is positive when it doesnt deserve to be. People should be classly in expressing themselves.
04-01-2021 11:45 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

This thread has me wondering about Murphy's supposed comment about Afghanistan. I know NOTHING about the comment. Haven't seen it in print. Just the oblique comment on this forum.

What could a reference to 'Afghanistan' mean? Doubt it meant any relation to caves, etc. No. I've never seen one in Ypsilanti. Uneducated peasants? No, Ypsilanti is a college town.

When I think of Afghanistan I think of sniper fire. Of course, in Afghanistan the sniper fire is with guns.

When discussing Ypsilanti, did he refer to verbal sniper fire? The last couple years have not sanguine. I do know Murphy well enough to know that he would NOT dump on an urban city. He is a product of the urban city we call Detroit. Actually he and I talked about growing up in Detroit. He grew up where my late cousin/godfather lived (my cousin lived near UDM, I believe Murphy closer to Wyoming, than Livernois).

I have NEVER asked anyone about the comment so take my comments for what it is worth...
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021 01:35 PM by emu steve.)
04-01-2021 11:59 AM
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
I will continue to call them as I see them and report the good the bad and the ugly about the University that I love and may of interest to others on this board whether it be the recent rape allegations board of regent meetings etc.
04-01-2021 12:10 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I had to edit a post above to insert a missing word, NOT.
04-01-2021 01:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.