Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cincinnati bearcats basketball Maui Invitational in 2022
Bookmark and Share
s10bball Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: bearcats
MyBB Cincinnati bearcats basketball Maui Invitational in 2022
Cincinnati bearcats basketball headed to Maui Invitational in 2022 with Louisville, Arizona, Arkansas, Creighton, Ohio State, San Diego State, and Texas Tech.
maui

04-01-2021 09:17 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
RE: Cincinnati bearcats basketball Maui Invitational in 2022
It looked legit enough to not a an april fools joke... but isn't Chaminade still always in the field???

If true, all the more reason to get rid of the stiff in charge and get a real coach set so that we're not humiliated by that field

04-01-2021 09:23 AM
RealDeal Offline
Heisman

(04-01-2021 09:17 AM)s10bball Wrote:  Cincinnati bearcats basketball headed to Maui Invitational in 2022 with Louisville, Arizona, Arkansas, Creighton, Ohio State, San Diego State, and Texas Tech.
maui

This has been rumored for a long time but great to have an official announcement. I went to Maui in 2016 and stayed not far from the gym; always said if UC played I'd go. Can't wait to return to Maui.

04-01-2021 09:24 AM
fnz Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati/NKU
I think Chaminade is in the field like every other year or something. There's something in the deal that says they're not always there but I can't remember/find the details.

04-01-2021 09:49 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
At least we didn’t get into a tournament with competition like that while in a rebuild.

04-01-2021 10:39 AM
stpnum4 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(04-01-2021 10:39 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  At least we didn’t get into a tournament with competition like that while in a rebuild.

Yeah, that's a tough field for a rebuilding team. Texas Tech will have a new coach. Arizona may as well. Louisville too?

I went in 2009. One of the best and most unique sporting experiences I've ever been to. Will try to go next year.

04-01-2021 11:06 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
I’m a little worried that Greta Thinberg is going to go all HOW DARE YOU on us for flying 4,500 miles to play Ohio State.

04-01-2021 01:48 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(04-01-2021 11:06 AM)stpnum4 Wrote:  
(04-01-2021 10:39 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  At least we didn’t get into a tournament with competition like that while in a rebuild.

Yeah, that's a tough field for a rebuilding team. Texas Tech will have a new coach. Arizona may as well. Louisville too?

I went in 2009. One of the best and most unique sporting experiences I've ever been to. Will try to go next year.

2009 They had a hell of a run in Maui. UC was really talented in 2009 and really underachieved in conference play. Maui was like the preview that the program really was on its way back and the big time highlight of that season.

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2021 02:38 PM by bearcatmark.)
04-01-2021 02:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
“If true, all the more reason to get rid of the stiff in charge and get a real coach set so that we're not humiliated by that field.”

Is the criticism of Brannen he cannot coach or he coached so hard the snow flakes left, and we must coddle the snow flakes of 2021?

For a person to say the guy cannot coach defines the posting person more than CBJ. CBJ has a record of success. Perhaps he is a mean and evil guy snow flakes melt under - but to say he can’t coach is ignorance. Can anyone imagine these snow flakes under Huggins or Cronin?

2000 players are in the transfer portal - snow flakes define so many - but for some reason we are uniquely evil. Spare me the horse crap.

I hope UC resolves this fiasco with a contract extension for CJB.

04-01-2021 03:13 PM
Sweetness Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
I don’t feel like news stories should be allowed to break on April 1st.

04-01-2021 03:15 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(04-01-2021 03:13 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  “If true, all the more reason to get rid of the stiff in charge and get a real coach set so that we're not humiliated by that field.”

Is the criticism of Brannen he cannot coach or he coached so hard the snow flakes left, and we must coddle the snow flakes of 2021?

For a person to say the guy cannot coach defines the posting person more than CBJ. CBJ has a record of success. Perhaps he is a mean and evil guy snow flakes melt under - but to say he can’t coach is ignorance. Can anyone imagine these snow flakes under Huggins or Cronin?

2000 players are in the transfer portal - snow flakes define so many - but for some reason we are uniquely evil. Spare me the horse crap.

03-lmfao

Easy there, coach.

04-01-2021 03:30 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-01-2021 03:13 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  “If true, all the more reason to get rid of the stiff in charge and get a real coach set so that we're not humiliated by that field.”

You mean those dual 40 point a$$ whippings at the hands of Houston record of success?? Or the losses like to Colgate and BG record of success??

Well, you've painted yourself into a corner. He either can't coach... or he can't recruit because he's the one that brought that pack of snow flakes in.

I'll let you pick.

Either way, the stiff has to go.

04-01-2021 07:37 PM
DownOnRohs Offline
Heisman

Musselman. Great.

Even when we get something nice like Maui it’s gotta be under the worst possible circumstances. I am miserable can you tell?

04-02-2021 07:50 AM
UCBearcatlawjd2 Offline
All American

2022 is a long way away. UC could be real trouble or be a good spot.

04-02-2021 07:54 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(04-02-2021 07:54 AM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  2022 is a long way away. UC could be real trouble or be a good spot.

If we can do a quick rebuild this would be a hell of a trip. Need to convince the wife that we can build a vacation around it, hopefully convince my season ticket partner to do the same. Maui is a bucket list sporting event for me and this field is kind of perfect as a Bearcat fan if UC can put together a competent team.

04-02-2021 07:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chatcat Offline
All American

I Root For: BEARCATS
(04-01-2021 03:30 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Easy there, coach.

Does coach have a brother?

04-02-2021 09:11 AM
Advertisement

natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(04-02-2021 07:57 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(04-02-2021 07:54 AM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  2022 is a long way away. UC could be real trouble or be a good spot.

If we can do a quick rebuild this would be a hell of a trip. Need to convince the wife that we can build a vacation around it, hopefully convince my season ticket partner to do the same. Maui is a bucket list sporting event for me and this field is kind of perfect as a Bearcat fan if UC can put together a competent team.

I'm thinking I'm going to this one regardless of how the team is looking as this is a bucket list for me for college b-ball (Granted I don't have a family). Great field and both my teams are in it.

I'd definitely make it into a full week/10 dayish vacation. Surfing, mountains/volcano tours or hiking, Pearl Harbor, etc. and check out whatever else Hawaii has to offer as I've never been. Too hard for me to pass up that's forsure.

Hopefully UC pounds Ohio State in the championship! 04-cheers

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021 09:40 AM by natibeast21.)
04-02-2021 09:35 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(04-02-2021 09:35 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  

I'm thinking I'm going to this one regardless of how the team is looking as this is a bucket list for me for college b-ball (Granted I don't have a family). Great field and both my teams are in it.

I'd definitely make it into a full week/10 dayish vacation. Surfing, mountains/volcano tours or hiking, Pearl Harbor, etc. and check out whatever else Hawaii has to offer as I've never been. Too hard for me to pass up that's forsure.

Yes, if you haven't been to Maui I'll suggest that once you have it will top your list of favorite destinations. I'm intrigued by making this trip too but I'm concerned that with those teams and such a small facility that game tickets will be hard to get except for the highest levels of UCATS/basketballs season ticket holders.

Alternately, my wife shared some wisdom when weighing in on this one: why would we go to Maui and spend hours at basketball games instead of at the beach and pool? That's a fair question, but a first game loss would be a lot easier to handle if I were poolside with an adult beverage a half hour later.02-13-banana

04-02-2021 09:52 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
(04-02-2021 09:52 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(04-02-2021 09:35 AM)natibeast21 Wrote:  

Yes, if you haven't been to Maui I'll suggest that once you have it will top your list of favorite destinations. I'm intrigued by making this trip too but I'm concerned that with those teams and such a small facility that game tickets will be hard to get except for the highest levels of UCATS/basketballs season ticket holders.

Alternately, my wife shared some wisdom when weighing in on this one: why would we go to Maui and spend hours at basketball games instead of at the beach and pool? That's a fair question, but a first game loss would be a lot easier to handle if I were poolside with an adult beverage a half hour later.02-13-banana

Lol. I was thinking the same thing. I'd probably catch one assuming me and whoever goes with can get tickets and that would be it. While a great tourney, it's still early season b-ball and I'd like to see what Maui/Other islands have to offer. Definitely some planning to do down the road.

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2021 11:06 AM by natibeast21.)
04-02-2021 11:05 AM
stpnum4 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Tickets were easy to get last time. UC was a replacement for Louisville so we didn't have a large contingent of fans at the tournament. Less than a hundred I'd guess. Turnout is really important for continuing to be invited to these high profile tourneys.

UC had a solid presence when we played at UH football in 2008.

04-02-2021 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.