Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CAA Transfer Portal
Bookmark and Share
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Drexel
CAA Transfer Portal
I wanted to create a "thread" for All transfers.

Delaware:
Jameer Nelson, Jr-Incoming

UNCW:
Jaylen Fornes-Incoming
James Baker, Jr.- Incoming

COC:
Jeffrey Pizano-McInnis, Zep Jasper, Brevin Galloway, Brenden Tucker, and Dontavious King

Elon:
Lars Nilsen

Hofstra:
Vukašin Mašić
Kevin Schutte

JMU:
Joel Mensah, Christmas, and Lewis

TU:
Zane Martin, Demetrius Mims, Jakigh Dottin and Antonio Rizzuto- Incoming

NU:
Tyson Walker and Shaquille Walters

W&M:
Luke Loewe

Drexel:
N/A
03-29-2021 02:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

RE: CAA Transfer Portal
Drexel's First transfer out:

Tadas Kararinas

Thoughts?
04-01-2021 03:00 PM
J.B. Offline

(04-01-2021 03:00 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  Drexel's First transfer out:

Tadas Kararinas

Thoughts?

I am extremely nervous about this transfer portal, and I think we all have the right to be. But, for Tadas, if he isn't graduating and still wants to play basketball, this is expected. I wish Tadas well in his future endeavors.
04-01-2021 03:15 PM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

i'm with you. lots of activity with coaches too. it's a new era of basketball and even more erratic than free agency in pro sports.

it's interesting to follow where these guys land and how they do. tadas has to be dropping down to get playing time. i don't blame him at all. in some ways it's encouraging guys like him have to go elsewhere to see the floor. at one point it looked like spiker was going to try to depend on him. he gave him every opportunity and it just didn't work out.
04-01-2021 03:32 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

With the average right now around 3 players in the portal and this is our first, we are doing well this year so far. Best of luck to Tadas, he probably needs to go D2 to truly play. Him leaving does not change the scholly count any
04-01-2021 04:45 PM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

On the womens side, we picked up a great get in Tessa Brugler. Grad transfer from Bucknell, 6'1" forward who was a first team all Patriot and averaged a double double.
04-01-2021 04:57 PM
Advertisement

Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
(04-01-2021 04:57 PM)dan10 Wrote:  On the womens side, we picked up a great get in Tessa Brugler. Grad transfer from Bucknell, 6'1" forward who was a first team all Patriot and averaged a double double.

Is there a transfer website for the WBB like the MBB?
04-02-2021 09:31 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

(04-02-2021 09:31 AM)Timer Wrote:  
(04-01-2021 04:57 PM)dan10 Wrote:  On the womens side, we picked up a great get in Tessa Brugler. Grad transfer from Bucknell, 6'1" forward who was a first team all Patriot and averaged a double double.

Heck if I know. I just steal info from others more in the know. This was post on Twitter, though. Didnt honestly know there was an easy to get to website for the men, to be honst.
04-05-2021 08:18 AM
Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
(04-05-2021 08:18 AM)dan10 Wrote:  
(04-02-2021 09:31 AM)Timer Wrote:  

Heck if I know. I just steal info from others more in the know. This was post on Twitter, though. Didnt honestly know there was an easy to get to website for the men, to be honst.

For MBB I've been going to https://verbalcommits.com/conferences/colonial
04-05-2021 10:35 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Ah didnt realize they were the "formal" place. I know thats where a lot of info comes from for sure.
04-05-2021 11:41 AM
Dragon For Life Offline
Special Teams

(04-05-2021 11:41 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Ah didnt realize they were the "formal" place. I know thats where a lot of info comes from for sure.

NU got a ND player

https://verbalcommits.com/players/nikola-djogo
04-06-2021 09:38 PM
Advertisement

hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

i get a little nervous every time i see a new post here. it seems like good news that we haven't had any major defections so far. not totally in the clear...but nobody was sitting on a spring waiting to go somewhere else.
04-07-2021 06:48 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

With the national average at over 3 per team, we are extremely fortunate at this time.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021 07:23 AM by dan10.)
04-07-2021 07:05 AM
J.B. Offline

It was mentioned in one of those recent Inquirer columns how Drexel winning it all this year could really be a savior for them. Had they not won this year, you might have guys thinking that their only shot at the NCAA Tournament is somewhere else. Hopefully their championship this year gave everyone confidence that Drexel is the place to be and that they can do it again next year if the squad stays together.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2021 07:12 AM by J.B..)
04-07-2021 07:12 AM
J.B. Offline

Tyson Walker is heading to Michigan State.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...e-spartans
04-08-2021 07:34 AM
DrachenFire Offline
2nd String

04-08-2021 04:47 PM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

Blows, big time. Hoping it doesnt cause a domino effect. Also hope our tournament appearance will help us bring in power five/six bench players who transfer so we have some hope of replenishing talent. Keeping high end talent will only get worse. We should expect highly talented players to get a maximum of 2 years before bolting.
04-08-2021 06:15 PM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

(04-08-2021 06:15 PM)dan10 Wrote:  Blows, big time. Hoping it doesnt cause a domino effect.

i agree...i'm more worried about a domino effect. while it would have been fun to see what type of development he could show...honestly...i wasn't that impressed with him. he was soft around the basket. we could have blown through the caa tournament more than we did if he could finish around the basket. i chalked it up to inexperience and hope he develops this part of his game at his next destination.

metsox made a comment on twitter about "lot of folks" wanting spiker to cater the offense to him. we won the league like he said so i don't think spiker should have changed anything...and he also mentioned tj not wanting to bang around inside. we looked to him early against elon and he couldn't finish.

i'm trying to avoid sounding too bitter. really i'm not. just giving my observation. i do look at these situations different from a free agent leaving though...maybe because all this transfer portal stuff is still new. you were just on a team that won the league and went to the ncaa tournament...that seems to be up and coming...in a major city with a void of good basketball teams outside of villanova...and a coach that comes off as a player's coach at least from a distance. could it really have been that bad?
04-09-2021 06:41 AM
J.B. Offline

It does really suck, but now it comes down to recruiting. I'm sure that there are a ton of really good players in the transfer pool, and most of them will not find their way onto a power conference roster. I'm sure many are just looking for a change. Spiker and his gang need to heavily recruit the pool and steal somebody good.

Or, find that talented incoming freshman who was planning on going to a higher level school but might not get a chance to play because the power conference rosters are being loaded up with transfers and remaining seniors.
(This post was last modified: 04-09-2021 07:00 AM by J.B..)
04-09-2021 06:54 AM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

(04-09-2021 06:54 AM)J.B. Wrote:  It does really suck, but now it comes down to recruiting. I'm sure that there are a ton of really good players in the transfer pool, and most of them will not find their way onto a power conference roster. I'm sure many are just looking for a change. Spiker and his gang need to heavily recruit the pool and steal somebody good.

Or, find that talented incoming freshman who was planning on going to a higher level school but might not get a chance to play because the power conference rosters are being loaded up with transfers and remaining seniors.

i trust spiker to do one or both of those things. i wouldn't have said that this time last year.
04-09-2021 06:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.