Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News David Dorn to be given award by Congressional Medal of Honor Society
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
David Dorn to be given award by Congressional Medal of Honor Society
Quote:Former police officer David Dorn, who was killed by Black Lives Matter rioters while protecting a friend’s business, will be receiving the 2021 Single Act of Heroism Award.

Dorn, a retired captain of St Louis Metropolitan Police Department and Chief of Police of Moline Acres, was shot while responding to a burglar alarm set off at his friend’s pawn shop.

The award is given to those who risk their lives for the benefit of others.

“To find out that Dave was awarded this great honor just floored me,” said Ann Dorn, his wife, to Fox & Friends on Saturday. “It’s a bittersweet moment.”

“He would have been humbled and honored by this,” continued Dorn “I can see him smiling right now, saying ‘No, I don’t deserve this.’ That would be his reaction, but, yes, he deserves this.” Dorn will accept the award on her husband’s behalf in September.

Missouri Senator Josh Hawley announced the honor on Thursday.

“David Dorn was dedicated to helping others and protecting his community, even after he retired from law enforcement and through his last moments with us,” said Hawley. “His character represents the absolute best of Missouri and this country.”

“This award may be rare, but the exceptional courage and devotion of Officer Dorn are shared by his brothers and sisters in blue who put their lives on the line to keep us safe,” continued Hawley. “Our local law enforcement officers deserve our sincerest gratitude for protecting our communities every single day.”

Also on Thursday, the Missouri Senate unanimously passed a bill, sponsored by Sen. Steven Roberts, that would rename a portion of State Highway 180 in St. Louis to “Captain David Dorn Memorial Highway.”

“Captain Dorn dedicated his life to serving his community,” said Roberts. “I have been in close contact with his family, including his children, who would like to see their father honored with this memorial.”

Link

RIP David Dorn
03-28-2021 11:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.