Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* WH to Launch Campaign to Reach Vaccine-Hesitant Groups
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* WH to Launch Campaign to Reach Vaccine-Hesitant Groups
Quote:In an effort to encourage as many people as possible to get a COVID-19 vaccine, the Biden administration is deploying a full-out public relations blitz.

Set to kick off in the coming weeks, the White House will spend money on television, radio and digital advertising across a multitude of platforms to combat any skepticism Americans may have about getting the shot. The ultimate goal of the campaign: get people vaccinated as quickly as possible. According to Stat News, Congress and the Biden administration have set aside over $1.5 billion to carry out their plan.

During a call with Newsmax, Biden aides said conservatives are one of the target groups. They said they have realized that the government isn’t always the best messenger. So, the Biden administration is using the campaign to turn factual information provided by government agencies — including Health and Human Services, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other public health agencies — to other outlets and organizations that people may be more inclined to trust.

The Wall Street Journal reports that the Biden administration has reached out to Christian Broadcasting Network and NASCAR to reach conservative audiences. Other efforts include videos featuring athletes representing 13 sports leagues and organizations; they include the National Football League, Major League Baseball and the National Basketball Association in a push to reach younger audiences and people of color who are hesitant to seek a vaccine.

A NASCAR spokeswoman told the Journal that drivers are sharing with the public what getting the vaccine would mean to them. Also, they have turned some of their race tracks into vaccination sites.

''It’s critically important to us that we, as an industry, continue to play a meaningful role in the fight against COVID, including offering our venues to help administer vaccines across the country as quickly as possible,'' NASCAR President Steve Phelps told the outlet.

Conservatives are a large target group for the Biden administration because recent polling shows they are less likely to get a vaccine. According to a recent CBS News poll, just under half of Republicans said they plan to get the vaccine, compared with 71% of Democrats. About a third of Republicans said they wouldn’t be vaccinated and 20% said they were unsure.

On a call discussing the campaign to instill vaccine confidence, a representative from Biden’s coronavirus response team said they are working with media outlets to answer questions people have about receiving a coronavirus vaccine.

The Biden administration is looking to see trusted on-air talent talk about their vaccine experience, and even get one live on air. The administration is partnering with outlets to hold town-hall style events where viewers can ask experts questions and address any misinformation.

The Biden aides describe the planned approach as both a paid media outreach and grassroots effort. At the end of the day, they are hoping to create an opportunity for people to receive the information they need to make an educated decision about receiving a vaccine.

Link
03-27-2021 12:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Biden* WH to Launch Campaign to Reach Vaccine-Hesitant Groups
Give me $2k and I'll take the J&J shot. Make it happen Joe.
03-27-2021 05:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
It’s funny how into stereotypes they are - the right is just the Bible thumping NASCAR crowd and blacks only like sports.

I won’t take a vaccine because Kamala Harris told me not to trust any vaccine developed under Trump.
03-27-2021 07:49 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Well we know the NFL, NBA, & MLB bow down. NASCAR bowing down.....interesting. I know quite a few NASCAR fans & they're about 'the vaccine is the new Star of David' as you can get.

I hate the idea of getting it myself, tho won't tell anyone not to & don't think it's bad per se, & probably will get it due to pressure from family. I don't need Joe Biden or some professional athlete telling me to get it.

(03-27-2021 07:49 PM)banker Wrote:  It’s funny how into stereotypes they are - the right is just the Bible thumping NASCAR crowd and blacks only like sports.

I won’t take a vaccine because Kamala Harris told me not to trust any vaccine developed under Trump.

I think she just said she wouldn't if Trump said it was good & only he said it. She's an idiot regardless. & yes, they do think we're all just a bunch of redneck hicks.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021 08:09 PM by Bronco'14.)
03-27-2021 08:07 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Also, there's that 70% of Democrats again.......

There's clearly a remainder, probably a few different groups, that isn't on board w/ the rest of the Party.....
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2021 08:11 PM by Bronco'14.)
03-27-2021 08:10 PM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
100% of my family isn’t getting it so spend away Joe*
03-27-2021 09:02 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Reach out to me. That’ll be fun.
03-27-2021 09:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.