Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Multiple March Madness Brackets: Yes or no?
This poll is closed.
Yes. More brackets create better odds to win. 25.00% 1 25.00%
No. What if you end up rooting against yourself? 25.00% 1 25.00%
Who cares? Just do you and have fun. 25.00% 1 25.00%
(This doesn't exist.) 25.00% 1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Semi-OT: Big Dance Bracket Debate - Only one or multiples? Which approach is best?
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
Semi-OT: Big Dance Bracket Debate - Only one or multiples? Which approach is best?
I've always been one who would make more than one bracket every year. Does it create a conflict of interest? Sure, unless you just want to see some good basketball. (Having more chances to win some money doesn't hurt either.)

That said, there are those who are of the mindset of ESPN's Mike Greenberg, who makes only one tourney bracket every single year, and would deride anybody who didn't share his approach. Case in point: When he co-hosted Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN Radio with Mike Golic, Sr., the two of them would have a seemingly endless debate every single time March Madness rolled around on the sports schedule. Golic's mindset is like mine, by the way. (I WANT TO WIN THE POOL TO WIN THE CAISHE!) So the two of them would have a "Sheet of Integrity" Challenge where Golic would put one of his brackets up against Greenberg's lone bracket as part of a wager. (Usually involving Golic's alma mater, Notre Dame.)

So what do y'all prefer: A single sheet to represent your "hopes and dreams" in bracket pools or multiple brackets for a better chance to win the pool?
03-19-2021 05:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
RE: Semi-OT: Big Dance Bracket Debate - Only one or multiples? Which approach is best?
One bracket. Be a man.
03-19-2021 07:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
RE: Semi-OT: Big Dance Bracket Debate - Only one or multiples? Which approach is best?
(03-19-2021 07:07 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  One bracket. Be a man.

I am a man. A proud man who loves winning...cash.
03-19-2021 11:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Vanilla or chocolate. Don't die on that hill. They are both good.
03-20-2021 12:12 AM
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
(03-19-2021 11:16 PM)GeminiCoog Wrote:  
(03-19-2021 07:07 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  One bracket. Be a man.

I am a man. A proud man who loves winning...cash.

Oh, OK, that's different. I thought it was for entertainment only. For real hard cash, enter as many as you need to collect, as long as positive exceeds negative.
03-20-2021 01:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.