Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Media Thread
Bookmark and Share
Timer Offline
2nd String

I Root For: CAA
Media Thread
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021 07:21 PM by Timer.)
03-15-2021 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Timer Offline
2nd String

RE: Media Thread
Couple more in the original post.
03-16-2021 09:36 AM
J.B. Offline

I Root For: Drexel
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/20...er-vernon/

Here's a really great article from John Feinstein in the Washington Post about the other JB.
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2021 08:24 PM by J.B..)
03-16-2021 08:23 PM
J.B. Offline

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/...10317.html

Great article today about Zach Spiker in the Inquirer. It's great to be getting so much exclusive coverage from major newspapers. I guess they figure that they can save their stories about Villanova for next week.
03-17-2021 07:13 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

The discipline of the staff and everyone shows why they were successful avoiding issues. Turning down a game against a bad Kentucky team because of having to fly commercial, says it all. Kudos to the staff for keeping our players safe and secure by not taking unnecessary risks. Makes it even better that it paid off in the end!
03-17-2021 08:45 AM
Timer Offline
2nd String

03-17-2021 04:27 PM
Advertisement

Timer Offline
2nd String

03-17-2021 05:26 PM
J.B. Offline

https://www.inquirer.com/college-sports/...er+Account

And here's today's Inquirer column about Calvin Hicks.
03-18-2021 07:13 AM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

it's nice we got winning the caa out of the way so i can focus on all the good things in our program. spiker has done all the right things since he got there from my perspective. gathers all the fans on the court pregame. carries himself well. waived to my family at some road games. he's somebody we can be proud of on our sideline.

the calvin story speaks for itself. it's a shame he can't travel any more. i remember standing next to him down at vcu when he was telling the rowdy rams to shut up. so many great memories.
03-18-2021 08:59 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: JMU
Love how Drexel Basketball makes Calvin part of the program.
03-18-2021 09:43 AM
J.B. Offline

https://www.fox29.com/video/912230?fbcli...IJYHgruXas

Jennaphr Frederick of Fox 29 talked to the entire Drexel Women's Basketball Team on Good Day this morning while they're in quarantine in their hotel rooms.
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2021 11:54 AM by J.B..)
03-18-2021 10:19 AM
Advertisement

dan10 Offline
Heisman

(03-18-2021 09:43 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Love how Drexel Basketball makes Calvin part of the program.

Thanks Hyper.

Many would argue he IS the program, not just part of it
03-18-2021 10:35 AM
Timer Offline
2nd String

(03-18-2021 08:59 AM)hiroshimacarp Wrote:  it's nice we got winning the caa out of the way so i can focus on all the good things in our program. spiker has done all the right things since he got there from my perspective. gathers all the fans on the court pregame. carries himself well. waived to my family at some road games. he's somebody we can be proud of on our sideline.

the calvin story speaks for itself. it's a shame he can't travel any more. i remember standing next to him down at vcu when he was telling the rowdy rams to shut up. so many great memories.

Or the time early on when some VCU fans at the DAC started to get on him and Pav and other VCU fans quickly shut them up before any DU fans had the chance.
03-18-2021 10:52 AM
hiroshimacarp Offline
1st String

(03-18-2021 10:52 AM)Timer Wrote:  
(03-18-2021 08:59 AM)hiroshimacarp Wrote:  it's nice we got winning the caa out of the way so i can focus on all the good things in our program. spiker has done all the right things since he got there from my perspective. gathers all the fans on the court pregame. carries himself well. waived to my family at some road games. he's somebody we can be proud of on our sideline.

Or the time early on when some VCU fans at the DAC started to get on him and Pav and other VCU fans quickly shut them up before any DU fans had the chance.

i got to know pav, swiss, and some of those other guys. they're good guys. vcu is one of the few teams i'll stop to watch if i see them on tv. i'd like to get back down to the siegel center at some point.
03-18-2021 11:35 AM
dan10 Offline
Heisman

Nice podcast from Drexel with Damion yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE0eSB9_3Hk&t=27s

Interesting to hear just how close our program is and some small insights into recruiting and likely why Bruiser was able to get some good recruits during his time. Also interesting to hear that had Fouch not gotten hurt again, we likely wouldnt have landed Damion.

All of this coverage and these stories are why we need to enjoy the ride and build off of this. The shoutout videos on twitter of our alums all over the world was wonderful too!
03-18-2021 02:54 PM
J.B. Offline

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/march-mad...9arVzD1saI

We may not win on Friday. But at least our beloved Mario the Magnificent is the best mascot in two separate contests.
03-18-2021 02:59 PM
Advertisement

Timer Offline
2nd String

03-18-2021 03:00 PM
Timer Offline
2nd String

(03-18-2021 11:35 AM)hiroshimacarp Wrote:  
(03-18-2021 10:52 AM)Timer Wrote:  

i got to know pav, swiss, and some of those other guys. they're good guys. vcu is one of the few teams i'll stop to watch if i see them on tv. i'd like to get back down to the siegel center at some point.

Me too. Gained a lot respect for those guys when they did that. Saw Pav made it to the A-10 tourney, ram hat and all.
03-18-2021 03:03 PM
Timer Offline
2nd String

(03-18-2021 09:43 AM)HyperDuke Wrote:  Love how Drexel Basketball makes Calvin part of the program.

Missed seeing Calvin at the DAC this year and his pre-game attack on the Media Room salad bowl. My only criticism is that he's a devout Dallas Cowboys fan. We keep pointing out the error of his ways, but he just refuses to listen to reason! 03-wink
03-18-2021 03:37 PM
Timer Offline
2nd String

03-18-2021 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.