Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

All Conference Team
Bookmark and Share
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
All Conference Team
Interestingly the Sun Belt is waiting until after the tournament to announce their all-conference team. This is certainly strange, but maybe makes sense in this Covid year when neither the coaches or sports writers have laid eyes on players from the opposite division.

Before the season, Rout was preseason player of the year, he and Markquis were first team, and Ben was 3rd team (this is, at least, my best recollection). I really don't have a clue who I would pick at this point, not having seen the East players. Certainly freshman of the year appears to be Omier at ASU. Probably Flowers will be POY, even though USA "folded" at the end of the regular season. Harrell, at TxSt will also be first team. Really don't know who GaSt or CC has, but they must have some talent. Rout will likely land on one of the teams and maybe Maric. However, it's hard to see 2 of the 15 top players in the league coming from a team that finished 5th in their division. With everyone knowing about Ruot, because he was preseason POY (and he did average a double-double) he will be on there somewhere. Not sure about anyone else, but again, Nikola could sneak on to the 3rd team.
03-06-2021 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Online
Hall of Famer

RE: All Conference Team
The ESPN+ announcers said the All Conference team would be announced Thursday. Ya, it makes sense to wait until all the big conference tournaments are in full swing to make the announcement. I think getting knocked out in the first round will hurt our guys chances and maybe it should. The sports writers (I think they are the voters) will more likely remember the guys they just watched playing well in the tournament. ASU only won one game, but Omier did make the 5 man All-Tournament team. It is going to be a long 3 years for LR fans, if Omier actually stays 4 years in Jonesboro.
03-09-2021 12:30 PM
Advertisement

ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
League coaches select All-Sun Belt teams.
03-10-2021 12:20 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

Rout ended up on the 3rd team. No other LR player was honored. Can't really argue with this considering our record. Omier made 1st team and was freshman of the year. He may win POY 2 or 3 times if he stays in Jonesboro

Sent from my SM-G950U using CSNbbs mobile app
03-11-2021 08:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.