Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UVU vs GCU = What the....?
Bookmark and Share
Hairy Castaway Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UVU
UVU vs GCU = What the....?
Traditionally, a team honors it's seniors on the last home game of the regular season. But I just noticed GCU is having their Senior Night tonight instead of tomorrow. WHAT THE...? I guess they maybe want any extra motivation possible. Could that backfire on them? Gonna be an interesting game tonight for sure!
03-05-2021 05:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LopesUp Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Grand Canyon
RE: UVU vs GCU = What the....?
(03-05-2021 05:45 PM)Hairy Castaway Wrote:  Traditionally, a team honors it's seniors on the last home game of the regular season. But I just noticed GCU is having their Senior Night tonight instead of tomorrow. WHAT THE...? I guess they maybe want any extra motivation possible. Could that backfire on them? Gonna be an interesting game tonight for sure!

It may have something to do with which team is considered home/away in these back to back games. Perhaps GCU is considered the "home" team tonight and the "road" team on Saturday? 06-basketball
03-05-2021 06:45 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

I Root For: GCU
(03-05-2021 06:45 PM)LopesUp Wrote:  
(03-05-2021 05:45 PM)Hairy Castaway Wrote:  Traditionally, a team honors it's seniors on the last home game of the regular season. But I just noticed GCU is having their Senior Night tonight instead of tomorrow. WHAT THE...? I guess they maybe want any extra motivation possible. Could that backfire on them? Gonna be an interesting game tonight for sure!

It may have something to do with which team is considered home/away in these back to back games. Perhaps GCU is considered the "home" team tonight and the "road" team on Saturday? 06-basketball

Why do I feel like I've seen a ghost? 04-jawdrop
03-05-2021 08:18 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
Sounds like a rough start to the second half for GCU. 35-29 UVU, 16 minutes left.
03-05-2021 10:16 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

Sounds a little chippy from the moments I’m able to tune in. A couple flagrant fouls. UVU leading by around about 10, down to about 12 minutes.
03-05-2021 10:24 PM
gleadley Offline
1st String

UVU is CLEARLY the better team tonight. Lopes won't win a game in Vegas if this is the team, effort, and game plan that shows up for the conference tourney.
03-05-2021 10:34 PM
Advertisement

NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
https://twitter.com/threadreaderapp/stat...8105416704

This is how seeding could happen. Tomorrow's games will be a mess...
03-06-2021 12:41 AM
Hairy Castaway Offline
Water Engineer

After checking with some pals, it turns out the early "Senior Night" did indeed fire up the boys from Orem! And yes, GCU will still be considered the home team for Saturday's game as well. Bryce Drew rolled the dice and lost. btw- I'm expecting tonights game to be a much higher scoring shootout.
03-06-2021 09:48 AM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

(03-06-2021 09:48 AM)Hairy Castaway Wrote:  After checking with some pals, it turns out the early "Senior Night" did indeed fire up the boys from Orem! And yes, GCU will still be considered the home team for Saturday's game as well. Bryce Drew rolled the dice and lost. btw- I'm expecting tonights game to be a much higher scoring shootout.

GCU's seniors seemed a bit overhyped too and then decided to jack up 23 3's. Yuck. UVU had a nice game plan last night and GCU just started to jack 3's b/c they got frustrated and impatient with their own plan of attack. credit to UVU.
03-06-2021 11:43 AM
Hairy Castaway Offline
Water Engineer

(03-06-2021 11:43 AM)Lopes87 Wrote:  
(03-06-2021 09:48 AM)Hairy Castaway Wrote:  After checking with some pals, it turns out the early "Senior Night" did indeed fire up the boys from Orem! And yes, GCU will still be considered the home team for Saturday's game as well. Bryce Drew rolled the dice and lost. btw- I'm expecting tonights game to be a much higher scoring shootout.

GCU's seniors seemed a bit overhyped too and then decided to jack up 23 3's. Yuck. UVU had a nice game plan last night and GCU just started to jack 3's b/c they got frustrated and impatient with their own plan of attack. credit to UVU.

Don't tell anybody, but I wouldn't mind a split of these 2 games which would set up a potential rubber match, winner-take-all game, next Saturday in Vegas! That would be fun.-
03-06-2021 12:48 PM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

(03-06-2021 12:48 PM)Hairy Castaway Wrote:  

Don't tell anybody, but I wouldn't mind a split of these 2 games which would set up a potential rubber match, winner-take-all game, next Saturday in Vegas! That would be fun.-

UVU-GCU has always been close games. I wonder is GCU pulls a game 2 win like they did against Seattle. Gm1 they dicked around for 30 minutes put themselves into a hole then made a late push that came up just short and then Gm2 right before halftime make a run then after halftime another run and then a point for point the rest of the way. I could see a 81 to 71 type GCU win tonight but who knows and thats why they play the game.
03-06-2021 01:18 PM
Advertisement

PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU

Huh? If UVU wins, they get the outright WAC title. Who would t want that?
03-06-2021 10:40 PM
Todor Online
Heisman

(03-06-2021 10:40 PM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  

Huh? If UVU wins, they get the outright WAC title. Who would t want that?

Some stats guys advocate for that, and its also a type of jinx theory. I can't speak for Hairy Castaway, but I've heard this before.

The idea of two fairly evenly matched teams--say you win the first of 3 likely matchups. The statistics show that the series will almost always end up 2-1, so by also winning the second, you greatly decrease your odds of winning the third. In this case, that would a Conferemce tourney title and NCAA tourney bid versus a regular season title.
03-06-2021 11:21 PM
Hairy Castaway Offline
Water Engineer

I'm confused. Grand Canyon students rush the court postgame. (hello, superspreder event) Players cut down the nets. Banners and crap everywhere saying "WAC Champions". Do they not know they are simply CO-CHAMPS???? Never heard of a program celebrating so much for a co-championship. GCU marketing folks are fricking geniuses to convince their fans of whatever spin they desire.
03-07-2021 12:29 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(03-07-2021 12:29 AM)Hairy Castaway Wrote:  I'm confused. Grand Canyon students rush the court postgame. (hello, superspreder event) Players cut down the nets. Banners and crap everywhere saying "WAC Champions". Do they not know they are simply CO-CHAMPS???? Never heard of a program celebrating so much for a co-championship. GCU marketing folks are fricking geniuses to convince their fans of whatever spin they desire.

U mad, bro?
03-07-2021 12:40 AM
Lopes87 Offline
1st String

(03-07-2021 12:29 AM)Hairy Castaway Wrote:  I'm confused. Grand Canyon students rush the court postgame. (hello, superspreder event) Players cut down the nets. Banners and crap everywhere saying "WAC Champions". Do they not know they are simply CO-CHAMPS???? Never heard of a program celebrating so much for a co-championship. GCU marketing folks are fricking geniuses to convince their fans of whatever spin they desire.

Rush the court? After Bryce Drew prayed for the seniors at center court and after GCU staff set up the perimeter then they allowed students on the court (dumb move imo) when the players cut the net. It's GCU 1st WAC basketball regular championship. It's a pandemic very little to celebrate since this covid stuff has been around. Cool your jets, You seem to be emotional about GCU and them soaking it all in. Should we not bring up the night before UVU celebrating and yelling at the GCU student section? Do you expect GCU to allow UVU to cut nets down on Friday?

Hairy should we have GCU marketing team also market UVU's WAC championship? Or should GCU-UVU work together in marketing their championship?

Hairy Castaway do you know anyone named Kyle?
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2021 12:45 AM by Lopes87.)
03-07-2021 12:41 AM
Advertisement

gleadley Offline
1st String

(03-07-2021 12:41 AM)Lopes87 Wrote:  

Rush the court? After Bryce Drew prayed for the seniors at center court and after GCU staff set up the perimeter then they allowed students on the court (dumb move imo) when the players cut the net. It's GCU 1st WAC basketball regular championship. It's a pandemic very little to celebrate since this covid stuff has been around. Cool your jets, You seem to be emotional about GCU and them soaking it all in. Should we not bring up the night before UVU celebrating and yelling at the GCU student section? Do you expect GCU to allow UVU to cut nets down on Friday?

Hairy should we have GCU marketing team also market UVU's WAC championship? Or should GCU-UVU work together in marketing their championship?

To each their own. 04-cheers
03-07-2021 01:02 AM
Hairy Castaway Offline
Water Engineer

(03-07-2021 12:41 AM)Lopes87 Wrote:  

Hairy ≠ Kyle MacDonald

UVU Marketing $ ≠ GCU Marketing $$$$$$
03-07-2021 01:09 AM
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU

You got exactly what you asked for, Kyle:

“ Don't tell anybody, but I wouldn't mind a split of these 2 games which would set up a potential rubber match, winner-take-all game, next Saturday in Vegas!”
03-07-2021 09:03 AM
gleadley Offline
1st String

(03-07-2021 09:03 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  

You got exactly what you asked for, Kyle:

“ Don't tell anybody, but I wouldn't mind a split of these 2 games which would set up a potential rubber match, winner-take-all game, next Saturday in Vegas!”

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
03-07-2021 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.