Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB Toledo at WMU
Bookmark and Share
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
WBB Toledo at WMU
Rockets off to a strong start up 18 to 9 with 3:47 left in the first quarter. Solid defense, good ball movement and shooting.
03-03-2021 01:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: WBB Toledo at WMU
Rockets four of six from three point land. Rockets up 28 - 15 after one quarter. Play of the quarter = Q steals an inbound pass from the hands of Bronco and drives the lane for two.
03-03-2021 01:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Rockets shooting 75% from the floor.
03-03-2021 01:42 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Toledo 44-33 over WMU at the half. The Broncos got back into the game by hitting a couple three-pointers. Rockets eight of 17 from beyond the arc.
Q Lockett leads all scorers with 16 point on 7 of 9 shooting. Sammi Mikonowicz has 10.
03-03-2021 01:47 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Rockets cooled off a bit in the second quarter but finished the half shooting 17-32 from the floor and 8-17 on three pointers. Got to the foul line once, Sammi made both shots to end the scoring in the first half.
03-03-2021 01:49 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Oh, Q has collected seven rebounds in the half. She's having a game!
03-03-2021 01:50 PM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

54-43 Toledo but playing a bit out of control; media time out.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 02:07 PM by NewMex RocketFan.)
03-03-2021 02:06 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

61-48 Rockets after three quarters. Sloppy passes and shots but defense is still decent. In the third quarter, the Rockets committed five fouls compared to just one for the Broncos. Curry got the only two free throws for Toledo and missed them both.
03-03-2021 02:21 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Q has taken over. She has 27 points.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 02:29 PM by NewMex RocketFan.)
03-03-2021 02:28 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

WMU hits a triple closing the Toledo lead to 10; 70-60 with 6:27 left in regulation.
03-03-2021 02:29 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Lead down to four as Rockets turnover the ball twice and misses a couple shoots. 4:38 left. Rockets doing their best to blow this game at this point. Come on, get a grip!!!
03-03-2021 02:34 PM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Toledo by 5 with 1:328 left. Sammi to the line to shoot three.
03-03-2021 02:40 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Sammi misses all three.
03-03-2021 02:41 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Broncos throw the ball away. Sophia hits two fouls shote. Broncos miss, Rockets rebound and Sophia goes back to the line. Hits both. Rockets 82-73 with 34.9 seconds left.
03-03-2021 02:45 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Rockets win 82-73 led by Q Lockett with 30 points and nine boards.
03-03-2021 02:48 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

Broncos outscored Toledo in the paint 46-32. Problematic. Rockets hit 13 triples to just six by Western. Toledo defense on the arc was good. Toledo out rebounded WMU 32-29. Getting out to a fast start in the first half and weathering the fourth quarter run, they improve to 11-12 overall. A win in the final game against EMU would make for a .500 season. The final goal this year.
03-03-2021 03:00 PM
Advertisement

kazoorocket43 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
Outstanding game from both teams. Rockets played their best "team" game IMO and needed it to win against a WMU team which also played well. And Lockett was spectacular today. I expect both teams will be in the top five in the MAC next year. That is if none of their critical players transfer out
03-03-2021 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(03-03-2021 03:07 PM)kazoorocket43 Wrote:  Outstanding game from both teams. Rockets played their best "team" game IMO and needed it to win against a WMU team which also played well. And Lockett was spectacular today. I expect both teams will be in the top five in the MAC next year. That is if none of their critical players transfer out
03-03-2021 03:15 PM
northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

Rockets found their shooting touch and had a really nice offensive game today. Lockett had a really nice game. Rebounding was a lot better today, led by Morgan-Elliott. Idowu continued to show she has some post skills. Didn't look like Lance was dressed today, so bench has been getting much shorter.

WMU also played well, as they have been of late, but Rockets still had a lot of defensive breakdowns. Beat off the dribble a lot, lost cutters and transition D issues persist. Really need to clean those things up for next season if they want to make a significant move in the standings.
03-03-2021 06:52 PM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

(03-03-2021 03:07 PM)kazoorocket43 Wrote:  Outstanding game from both teams. Rockets played their best "team" game IMO and needed it to win against a WMU team which also played well. And Lockett was spectacular today. I expect both teams will be in the top five in the MAC next year. That is if none of their critical players transfer out

That's a bold prediction, especially given that all players are allowed to come back next year. Honestly, I think I'd give you ten to one odds on that prediction. Of course it's all a huge guessing game until we find out who is transferring out, who is transferring in, and which seniors are returning next year. I would look at Bowling Green, Ohio, Kent State, and Buffalo being good next year.

Ditto on Lockett's performance. Somehow, Lockett went from a poor outside shooter to a player who creates her own three-point opportunities off the dribble. She really brings the whole package. I love her concentration in finishing her drives, and she shows really impressive energy on the boards and on defense. The last player who improved this much from freshman to sophomore year was Inma.
03-04-2021 08:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.