WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Ronnie Attard
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Ronnie Attard
The Athletic ranked the top available FA's in college hockey & Europe and the best drafted players who could potentially become a FA. They make this list every year & drafted players never seem to elect FA. But, gives you an idea what people think of Attard.

Projected good NHL player
1. David Farrance, D, Boston University-Hockey Easy (Nashville rights, senior)

Projected NHL player
2. Ronnie Attard, D, Western Michigan-NCHC (Philadelphia rights, sophomore, can elect free agency)

3. Tyce Thompson, C, Providence-Hockey East (New Jersey rights, junior, can elect free agency)

4. Nick Abruzzese, C, Harvard, ECAC (Toronto rights, sophomore, can elect free agency)

5. Collin Adams, LW, North Dakota-NCHC (Islanders rights, senior)

Has a chance to play in NHL
6. Nathan Smith, C, Minnesota State-WCHA (Winnipeg rights, sophomore, can elect free agency)

7. Keith Petruzzelli, G, Quinnipiac-ECAC (Detroit rights, senior)

8. Cole Koepke, LW, Minnesota-Duluth-NCHC (Tampa Bay rights, junior, can elect free agency)

9. Nick Swaney, RW, Minnesota-Duluth-NCHC (Minnesota rights, senior)

10. Filip Lindberg, G, Massachusetts-Hockey East (Minnesota rights, junior, can elect free agency)
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 11:17 AM by BroncoMinor.)
03-03-2021 11:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: Ronnie Attard
Cool. We have quite a few in the League already. During the game on Sunday, they spent a lot of time hyping him on TV.

2 on that list are w/ Duluth. I'd say we want to avoid them in the playoffs then. Sometimes that one extra really good player is the difference.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2021 11:56 AM by Bronco'14.)
03-03-2021 11:54 AM
Broncodan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Broncos!!
Hoping we can keep him around for one more full year but the way he is playing this year, it may be tough to keep him....................
03-03-2021 12:30 PM
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

Attard was named to the NCHC All-Conference First Team. Along with 4 Fighting Hawks and a Bulldog.
03-08-2021 06:48 PM
Broncodan Offline
Heisman

(03-08-2021 06:48 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  Attard was named to the NCHC All-Conference First Team. Along with 4 Fighting Hawks and a Bulldog.

Gonna be tough to keep him around one more year but with it not being a “regular year” with no eligibility effect, hoping he stays one more year!
03-08-2021 09:57 PM
Advertisement

BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

Ethen Frank made 3rd Team NCHC
03-08-2021 11:55 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-08-2021 09:57 PM)Broncodan Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 06:48 PM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  Attard was named to the NCHC All-Conference First Team. Along with 4 Fighting Hawks and a Bulldog.

Gonna be tough to keep him around one more year but with it not being a “regular year” with no eligibility effect, hoping he stays one more year!

I think this is where the Andy Murray effect plays into our favor. NHL teams aren’t as apt to pull a guy away from this program while developing because Andy and his staff work hard to prep these players for the next level. Ronnie is a great player but he’s also got a huge ceiling and staying at WMU would possibly be his best bet to sharpen his skills in a well known environment and surrounded by players he knows on the ice. Just my thoughts. I think Attard sticks around for at least one more year... maybe two.
03-09-2021 07:21 AM
Broncodan Offline
Heisman

Ronnie was just named NCHC offensive defenseman of the year!!

Way to go Ronnie!!
03-10-2021 01:24 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(03-10-2021 01:24 PM)Broncodan Wrote:  Ronnie was just named NCHC offensive defenseman of the year!!

Way to go Ronnie!!

This is like the first Award one of our guys have won in the NCHC.

I know we exactly don't run the table in that department despite pretty talented players, at least. So yay!
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2021 02:04 PM by Bronco'14.)
03-10-2021 02:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.