Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cartoon Network Releases ‘Anti-Racism’
BEARCATDALE Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Cartoon Network Releases ‘Anti-Racism’
Teaching Children to ‘See Color’

Quote:Cartoon Network has released an “antiracism” public service announcement teaching children to “see color,” suggesting that having a “colorblind” approach to race could be “a ploy to avoid talking about racism altogether.”

The network’s latest antiracism ad, titled, “See Color,” features three characters — one black, one white, and one purple alien — on set filming a PSA, singing, “colorblindness is our game, because everyone’s the same. Everybody join our circle, doesn’t matter if you’re white, or black, or purple.”

“Hold up a minute here, who wrote this?” says the purple alien, stopping the song. “I think it kind of does matter that I’m purple. I mean, I’m purple because I’m literally an alien.”

“Well I’m not an alien, but it definitely matters to me that I’m black,” says the black character.

“Yeah, it makes a difference that I’m white,” the white character adds. “I know the two of us get treated very differently.”

“I think it’s just messed up to compare me being an alien to you two being difference races, you’re both human, you’re totally biologically the same,” the alien elaborates. “Adding ‘purple people’ into a lesson about human racism makes no sense.”

The white character reacts by stating that she believes people use the “black, white or purple” phrase, “because adding a fantasy race in there helps distract from the actual racism black people have to deal with.”

“Right,” the black character replies. “My experience with anti-black racism, it’s really specific. Other people of color experience other forms of racism, too. But you won’t see any of that if you don’t see color.”

The ad concludes with the purple alien stating that the PSA could be “a ploy to avoid talking about racism,” and asking the production team to rewrite the script so that it doesn’t “erase” what makes people different.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsocialjusticesisters.fi...amp;nofb=1]
02-17-2021 11:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazinBham Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
RE: Cartoon Network Releases ‘Anti-Racism’
These PSA’s are on Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, Boomerang, PBS, and ESPN. Running out of channels to avoid.
02-18-2021 11:05 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
Disney Junior ran some sort of "ad" the other day pushing how Kumswalla is some great black hero to be idolized. It was as much a liberal dribbling of BS as when CommieTom posts. Really? Why should my three year old "look up" to some slut who rose to power by going down?
02-18-2021 11:10 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(02-17-2021 11:24 PM)BEARCATDALE Wrote:  Teaching Children to ‘See Color’

Quote:Cartoon Network has released an “antiracism” public service announcement teaching children to “see color,” suggesting that having a “colorblind” approach to race could be “a ploy to avoid talking about racism altogether.”

The network’s latest antiracism ad, titled, “See Color,” features three characters — one black, one white, and one purple alien — on set filming a PSA, singing, “colorblindness is our game, because everyone’s the same. Everybody join our circle, doesn’t matter if you’re white, or black, or purple.”

“Hold up a minute here, who wrote this?” says the purple alien, stopping the song. “I think it kind of does matter that I’m purple. I mean, I’m purple because I’m literally an alien.”

“Well I’m not an alien, but it definitely matters to me that I’m black,” says the black character.

“Yeah, it makes a difference that I’m white,” the white character adds. “I know the two of us get treated very differently.”

“I think it’s just messed up to compare me being an alien to you two being difference races, you’re both human, you’re totally biologically the same,” the alien elaborates. “Adding ‘purple people’ into a lesson about human racism makes no sense.”

The white character reacts by stating that she believes people use the “black, white or purple” phrase, “because adding a fantasy race in there helps distract from the actual racism black people have to deal with.”

“Right,” the black character replies. “My experience with anti-black racism, it’s really specific. Other people of color experience other forms of racism, too. But you won’t see any of that if you don’t see color.”

The ad concludes with the purple alien stating that the PSA could be “a ploy to avoid talking about racism,” and asking the production team to rewrite the script so that it doesn’t “erase” what makes people different.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsocialjusticesisters.fi...amp;nofb=1]

loons
02-18-2021 11:11 AM
king king Offline
Got Nothing on Me

I Root For: Your mom
All you old fu*kers are gonna be dead in a few years.

What do you care if the kids are being indoctrinated?

Eric - THIS is trolling.
02-18-2021 11:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.