Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News How Canada is distributing the vaccine
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
How Canada is distributing the vaccine
02-16-2021 10:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: How Canada is distributing the vaccine
In other words, let whitey die.
02-16-2021 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(02-16-2021 10:39 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Yes, because the "Breaking 911" twitter handle is SUCH a trusted "news" source.

Sheep.
02-16-2021 10:52 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
It's Canada. That should be satisfied by afternoon beer break
02-16-2021 10:52 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
If true, it's about as expected when you have a limp wristed sissy like Trudeau running the show and pandering to every far left group out there. It sounds an awful like something a particular kiddie sniffer here in the US would do as well.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021 10:56 AM by No2rdame.)
02-16-2021 10:55 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

Best part is, on here, a bunch of white dudes are proclaiming they won't get the China vaccine and are now pissed that in Canada, minorities and radicalized (not RADICALized) communities will be in a particular phase and actually want the vaccine.
02-16-2021 10:58 AM
Advertisement

salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-16-2021 10:55 AM)No2rdame Wrote:  If true, it's about as expected when you have a limp wristed sissy like Trudeau running the show and pandering to every far left group out there. It sounds an awful like something a particular kiddie sniffer here in the US would do as well.

Or, to a certain extent it makes sense if the goal is the vaccinate those "who are more likely to get the Covid."

Regardless of anything, it would seem, the goal is to vaccinate 1) those most likely to suffer consequences from getting covid (fat and old) 2) those who work in situations likely to get it because of constant interaction with people (increasing the chance of getting the Rona like 1st responders/frontline folks), and 3) those in population groups who get it at a higher rate and have worse outcomes.
02-16-2021 11:01 AM
No2rdame Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis, ND
(02-16-2021 11:01 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(02-16-2021 10:55 AM)No2rdame Wrote:  If true, it's about as expected when you have a limp wristed sissy like Trudeau running the show and pandering to every far left group out there. It sounds an awful like something a particular kiddie sniffer here in the US would do as well.

Or, to a certain extent it makes sense if the goal is the vaccinate those "who are more likely to get the Covid."

Regardless of anything, it would seem, the goal is to vaccinate 1) those most likely to suffer consequences from getting covid (fat and old) 2) those who work in situations likely to get it because of constant interaction with people (increasing the chance of getting the Rona like 1st responders/frontline folks), and 3) those in population groups who get it at a higher rate and have worse outcomes.

And none of your scenarios addressed the rationale of putting minorities to the front of the line, did it? They just looked at skin color. They simply used the terms "radicalized and marginalized" to make it sound less racist.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021 11:03 AM by No2rdame.)
02-16-2021 11:02 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
The tiering criteria across the board has been a clustereff.

Adding in race to the failed tiered approach is extra level stoooopid

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
02-16-2021 11:15 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-16-2021 11:02 AM)No2rdame Wrote:  

And none of your scenarios addressed the rationale of putting minorities to the front of the line, did it? They just looked at skin color. They simply used the terms "radicalized and marginalized" to make it sound less racist.

Again, it's "racialized" not "RADICALized".

And yes, the scenario is there. Apparently minorities are getting the Rona at higher rates (mostly because they, factually, have more lower wage jobs that require them to physically go into work, not as may "virtual" jobs) and statistically are dying more per population.

So, ideally, if one wants to 1)stop the SPREAD and 2) decrease deaths, you immunize groups who are 1) more likely to get it and 2)more likely to die.

I, frankly, thought that 22-30 year olds should be higher on the list only because they are the biggest group in terms of GETTING the rona. Although, they aren't suffering negative effects, for the most part. But, if one slows the spread by immunizing the primary spreaders, that would seem smart.
02-16-2021 11:17 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-16-2021 11:17 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  

And yes, the scenario is there. Apparently minorities are getting the Rona at higher rates (mostly because they, factually, have more lower wage jobs that require them to physically go into work, not as may "virtual" jobs) and statistically are dying more per population.

So, ideally, if one wants to 1)stop the SPREAD and 2) decrease deaths, you immunize groups who are 1) more likely to get it and 2)more likely to die.

I, frankly, thought that 22-30 year olds should be higher on the list only because they are the biggest group in terms of GETTING the rona. Although, they aren't suffering negative effects, for the most part. But, if one slows the spread by immunizing the primary spreaders, that would seem smart.
Your reason for minorities getting the virus at a higher rate is not "mostly", it is one of the reasons but not "mostly".

02-16-2021 11:23 AM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-16-2021 10:58 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Best part is, on here, a bunch of white dudes are proclaiming they won't get the China vaccine and are now pissed that in Canada, minorities and radicalized (not RADICALized) communities will be in a particular phase and actually want the vaccine.

I’m not planning on getting the vaccine (it really isn’t a vaccine like we’ve always known them).....and I don’t live in Canada, so I have no skin in the game. For those with physical ailments that put them in high risk categories, it’s extremely discriminatory.

What is hypocritical, and what frosts people is the blatant discrimination that is now government sanctioned. Just as it was wrong 70 years ago, it’s wrong today and there’s no lipstick that can be put on that pig to make it look good.
02-16-2021 11:32 AM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-16-2021 11:23 AM)maximus Wrote:  

Your reason for minorities getting the virus at a higher rate is not "mostly", it is one of the reasons but not "mostly".

Sure. More likely to live in large multigenerational households. Perhaps more likely not to social distance among their community.

In any even, the point remains--vaccinate 1) the people who are spreading and 2) the people who are dying.

If middle-upper class white folks are being responsible and not spreading and not suffering adverse outcomes from the rona, it seems counterproductive to put them in the same priority list as people who are getting it, spreading it, and dying.

Unless we are just going straight Darwin.
02-16-2021 11:34 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-16-2021 11:34 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(02-16-2021 11:23 AM)maximus Wrote:  
(02-16-2021 11:01 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Or, to a certain extent it makes sense if the goal is the vaccinate those "who are more likely to get the Covid."

Sure. More likely to live in large multigenerational households. Perhaps more likely not to social distance among their community.

In any even, the point remains--vaccinate 1) the people who are spreading and 2) the people who are dying.

If middle-upper class white folks are being responsible and not spreading and not suffering adverse outcomes from the rona, it seems counterproductive to put them in the same priority list as people who are getting it, spreading it, and dying.

Unless we are just going straight Darwin.
Again, the tiered roll out has been a debacle.

Leave it to the CDC to inject more confusion into basic health care delivery.

The roll out should have been...

Over 60 -- come and get it if you want it

Month later -- everyone else come and get it if you want it.

The end

02-16-2021 11:44 AM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(02-16-2021 10:52 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Yes, because the "Breaking 911" twitter handle is SUCH a trusted "news" source.

Sheep.

Is the Canadian government website credible enough for you?

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/s...cines.html

Look who is bah'ing now.
02-16-2021 11:47 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

On topic here, I found this gem a while back from some schmuck doctor at Mayo Clinic

"Racism may also play a role in health risks. The stress of dealing with racial discrimination can take a toll on your body, causing early aging. This has been linked to underlying conditions, which can increase the risk of severe illness with COVID-19."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...q-20488802

02-16-2021 11:53 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(02-16-2021 10:58 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Best part is, on here, a bunch of white dudes are proclaiming they won't get the China vaccine and are now pissed that in Canada, minorities and radicalized (not RADICALized) communities will be in a particular phase and actually want the vaccine.

[Image: tenor.gif]
02-16-2021 12:00 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(02-16-2021 11:47 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(02-16-2021 10:52 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  Yes, because the "Breaking 911" twitter handle is SUCH a trusted "news" source.

Sheep.

Look who is bah'ing now.

Not much worse than a dumb person that thinks they are clever. He can graph it for you.

03-lmfao
02-16-2021 12:02 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

Sheep.

Look who is bah'ing now.

Radicalized? Right?

And it's LITERALLY not prioritizing race over age. Age is stage 1.

I would imagine, since you are a computer dude, you are likely to be a "numbers" guy.

It seems perfectly reasonable to vaccinate those who are getting it more or who may have difficulty "getting out" to get the vaccine.

That's why we are being "ageist" and seeking out old folks over younger folks. Clearly discriminating by age. Plus we note that the old folks in the nursing homes just can't jump in their Buick Rivieras and drive to get vaccinated, so the gov't is going TO them.

Initially, it appeared the Canadian guidelines we meant to go seek out the Inuit and other groups that are out there. I guess they added other groups based on lack of access or those getting it/transmitting it/dying from it at a higher rate.

Oh the horror.
(This post was last modified: 02-16-2021 01:43 PM by salukiblue.)
02-16-2021 01:29 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

(02-16-2021 12:02 PM)shere khan Wrote:  

Sheep.

Look who is bah'ing now.

Not much worse than a dumb person that thinks they are clever. He can graph it for you.

03-lmfao

You should get the vaccine so you don't infect your cousin-wife.
02-16-2021 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.