Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden slams Trump’s vaccine preparedness while announcing US ‘on track’
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
Biden slams Trump’s vaccine preparedness while announcing US ‘on track’
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...1209.html?

Quote:President Joe Biden has slammed his predecessor for his lack of preparedness when it came to setting up the United States' vaccine supply, while announcing the country had finalized its contracts for 200 million additional Covid-19 doses.

"While scientists did their job in discovering vaccines in record time, my predecessor — I’ll be very blunt about it — did not do his job in getting ready for the massive challenge of vaccinating hundreds of millions," Mr Biden said at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) on Thursday.

"He did not order enough vaccines ... It was a big mess. It’s going to take time to fix," Mr Biden added.

The Trump administration created Operation Warp Speed, a federal agency responsible for managing Covid-19 vaccine research, manufacturing, distribution, and administration. But where the administration received criticism was for how it left it up to states on administering doses. Mr Trump also reportedly declined purchasing more supply.

Mr Biden announced that his administration finalized contracts with Pfizer and Moderna on Thursday to purchase an additional 100 million vaccine doses from each company.

In total, the federal government has purchased 600 million vaccine doses between the two companies, which would vaccinate 300 million Americans.

I couldn't figure out why trump didn't buy the additional 100M Pfizer doses he had the option on as part of the first purchase.
02-11-2021 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Biden slams Trump’s vaccine preparedness while announcing US ‘on track’
Maybe we will find out what Ole Joe's plan is next week since they have just picked up the previous administration's plan. Also, children under 18 don't need the vaccine unless they have bad medical issues. That is 72 million. So 500 million doses is enough. Unless you count the millions that have to be thrown out in Blue states and cities.
02-11-2021 07:09 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(02-11-2021 06:54 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...1209.html?

Quote:President Joe Biden has slammed his predecessor for his lack of preparedness when it came to setting up the United States' vaccine supply, while announcing the country had finalized its contracts for 200 million additional Covid-19 doses.

"While scientists did their job in discovering vaccines in record time, my predecessor — I’ll be very blunt about it — did not do his job in getting ready for the massive challenge of vaccinating hundreds of millions," Mr Biden said at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) on Thursday.

"He did not order enough vaccines ... It was a big mess. It’s going to take time to fix," Mr Biden added.

The Trump administration created Operation Warp Speed, a federal agency responsible for managing Covid-19 vaccine research, manufacturing, distribution, and administration. But where the administration received criticism was for how it left it up to states on administering doses. Mr Trump also reportedly declined purchasing more supply.

Mr Biden announced that his administration finalized contracts with Pfizer and Moderna on Thursday to purchase an additional 100 million vaccine doses from each company.

In total, the federal government has purchased 600 million vaccine doses between the two companies, which would vaccinate 300 million Americans.

I couldn't figure out why trump didn't buy the additional 100M Pfizer doses he had the option on as part of the first purchase.
You dont know how out of touch from reality this is

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
02-11-2021 07:11 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(02-11-2021 06:54 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...1209.html?

Just a case of bashing the employee that left for anything and everything. We all do it when someone leaves the job. They take the blame with them when the walk out the door. Id bet anything that the amount of vaccine ordered was recommended by his pandemic team. Same thing Biden is doing. Neither know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to this subject. They both leaned on the experts for these decisions...right..or wrong.
02-11-2021 07:17 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Sure pedo Joe.

Warp Speed.
02-11-2021 07:18 PM
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
Looks like trump did buy the second batch of 100M.

He told Pfizer he wasn’t executing the option on the second 100M on Dec 8th, but then on Dec 23rd did buy the second batch of 100M. It just got lost out of the news cycle because of Christmas.
02-11-2021 07:39 PM
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

Biden slams Trump’s vaccine preparedness while announcing US ‘on track’
Here you go Elvis.... here is prison worthy neglect

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-aide...ssion=true

02-11-2021 08:55 PM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
If you needed more proof that Joe is truly an idiot, this is it.
02-11-2021 09:38 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(02-11-2021 09:38 PM)450bench Wrote:  If you needed more proof that Joe is truly an idiot, this is it.

We didn’t. At least those of us with a little bit of common sense and the ability to just listen to the rambling bumbling fool
02-11-2021 09:41 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Point of parlimentary procedure........

You can have 25 bajillion shots available - if you can only administer 500,000 per day it is still going to take the rest of this year (at least) to get to everybody.
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021 08:55 AM by Eldonabe.)
02-12-2021 08:55 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(02-11-2021 07:39 PM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  Looks like trump did buy the second batch of 100M.

He told Pfizer he wasn’t executing the option on the second 100M on Dec 8th, but then on Dec 23rd did buy the second batch of 100M. It just got lost out of the news cycle because of Christmas.

Ha! We all know that isn't true.
02-12-2021 09:00 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
The difference between politicians and business folks, why order all you need from a single vendor upfront? You lose leverage on pricing and lock yourself into using a product when a superior product may become available. You deincentivize other companies working on alternatives.

Politicians want to be able to say they acquired all the needed doses, business folks want to be smart about doing it. Since you can’t administer all of them at once, buying them all at once adds no value.
02-12-2021 09:38 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(02-12-2021 08:55 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Point of parlimentary procedure........

You can have 25 bajillion shots available - if you can only administer 500,000 per day it is still going to take the rest of this year (at least) to get to everybody.

Define "everybody".
02-12-2021 09:40 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(02-12-2021 09:40 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(02-12-2021 08:55 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Point of parlimentary procedure........

Define "everybody".

Everybody that wants one in our country (and Mexico)...... That list does not include me.
02-12-2021 09:42 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA

Well Duh! They don't HAVE them. They won't have them for months.

Its just a typical economically illiterate comment by Democrats bought by their economically illiterate followers.
02-12-2021 09:53 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(02-11-2021 07:09 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Maybe we will find out what Ole Joe's plan is next week since they have just picked up the previous administration's plan. Also, children under 18 don't need the vaccine unless they have bad medical issues. That is 72 million. So 500 million doses is enough. Unless you count the millions that have to be thrown out in Blue states and cities.

Actually children are not ALLOWED to have the vaccine.

If you listened to the discussions of the approval of the vaccine, that was a big issue. Some did not want to approve it because it was not tested on those under 18.

They finally approved it only for those 16 and over.
02-12-2021 09:56 AM
Advertisement

U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-12-2021 09:53 AM)bullet Wrote:  

Its just a typical economically illiterate comment by Democrats bought by their economically illiterate followers.

Trump told Pfizer on 12/8 that he wasn’t executing the option for 100M additional doses, then on the 23rd he went back and ordered 100M doses.

“They don’t HAVE them” right now, but they are never going to get here if we don’t order them. By your logic we shouldn’t have ordered any vaccine doses since they weren’t sitting on a shelf?
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2021 10:21 AM by U_of_Elvis.)
02-12-2021 10:21 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-11-2021 08:55 PM)maximus Wrote:  Here you go Elvis.... here is prison worthy neglect

https://nypost.com/2021/02/11/cuomo-aide...ssion=true

Here Elvis... this is true criminal negligence.

02-12-2021 11:09 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-12-2021 10:21 AM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  

Trump told Pfizer on 12/8 that he wasn’t executing the option for 100M additional doses, then on the 23rd he went back and ordered 100M doses.

“They don’t HAVE them” right now, but they are never going to get here if we don’t order them. By your logic we shouldn’t have ordered any vaccine doses since they weren’t sitting on a shelf?
THE.PROBLEM.IS.NOT.THE.VACCINE.BEING.AVAILABLE!

geezus h krist

02-12-2021 11:11 AM
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
(02-12-2021 11:11 AM)maximus Wrote:  
(02-12-2021 10:21 AM)U_of_Elvis Wrote:  

THE.PROBLEM.IS.NOT.THE.VACCINE.BEING.AVAILABLE!

geezus h krist

GOOD TO KNOW, THANKS

Why do we have a program to assign people priority to receive the vaccine (1a, 1b, 1c). Normally when something has a system of prioritization and rationing in place it’s because they wouldn’t have enough doses to meet demand if anyone could just walk up.
02-12-2021 11:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.