Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I got Vaccinated Thread
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
Wink I got Vaccinated Thread
Happy Valentines Day - I get my first dose Sunday Morning.

Who's been vaccinated?
02-11-2021 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
RE: I got Vaccinated Thread
Me - both shots. No side effects!
02-11-2021 04:04 PM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Not me. I’m 58. Not expecting my number anytime soon. Good for you all that it is happening or has happened for you.
02-11-2021 05:54 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Both myself and MrsParentofJMUMRDs have had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine. She had no side affects and I felt a bit crummy the night of my second shot, nothing serious just a bit blah. Woke up the next day and felt fine. She got her shots in January and my second shot was this past Tuesday. Looking forward to a road trip soon!!

Brian
02-11-2021 06:14 PM
JMU85 Offline
All American

I Root For: The Dukes of JMU
I am not in a big hurry to get injected with an investigational drug. There may be a point that I will not have a choice if I want to travel or gain entrance to an arena/stadium. I am not an antivaxxer but I am not willing to take an investigational drug for something that has a 99.5% untreated survival rate for my age group. Just my choice..... at least for now.
02-12-2021 09:11 AM
Dukester Offline

As of today 35.5 Million vaccinated - which is 10.7% of total US Population.

New Cases & Deaths trending down.

Things are heading in the right direction.

My wife and daughter had the first shot.

In some cases if you got the shot, depends on who you know. My parents in law have pre-existing conditions, late 70's, can barely walk and still have not been able to get scheduled. 03-drunk

Seem like someone new from my office is getting it each week.
02-12-2021 09:54 AM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
I got Vaccinated Thread
We got the second stab of the Moderna yesterday afternoon. Mrs Dunk said she was a little achey yesterday eve, but otherwise no issues.

Good news is that this time the damn facility was actually semi-full with a relatively well run, fastish moving line. A month ago it was a deserted 50,000sq ft. waste land with more worker bees than recipients.

And of course now that it’s functioning at an acceptable level our idiots in charge plan on shutting these locations down. Va. governance is an embarrassing disgrace.
02-12-2021 01:10 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
CDC tracker. In the US near end of week 9 of vaccinations. Fully vaccinated (both shots) about 12.1 million, about 3.7% of the US population.
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations
02-12-2021 02:33 PM
Centdukesfan Offline
All American

I Root For: Dukes, bud
I got Vaccinated Thread
Huge dropoff pretty much worldwide, independent of vaccination rates and non pharmaceutical interventions.

I'm curious how you got vaccinated before my father, who I'd consider to be much higher risk than most
02-12-2021 08:24 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Sadly not a surprise. Vaccination coordination has been horrific.
02-12-2021 08:52 PM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

Henrico county Virginia. They report about 350 COVID deaths in total since last March. Over 1/2 of those deaths are people over 80 and a quarter of those deaths are people over the age of 70. Besides first responders, hospital workers, etc., how could any group get vaccinated before the 70 and over group?

And so the system is set up that you have to be somewhat tech savvy which a lot in this group are not. Or you have to know somebody or know the system to get your shots. In Maryland they have opened things up for younger groups while some folks in their 80’s are not getting vaccinated due to difficulty in navigating the online process.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021 07:00 AM by Dukesfan71.)
02-13-2021 06:59 AM
Advertisement

BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
(02-13-2021 06:59 AM)Dukesfan71 Wrote:  Henrico county Virginia. They report about 350 COVID deaths in total since last March. Over 1/2 of those deaths are people over 80 and a quarter of those deaths are people over the age of 70. Besides first responders, hospital workers, etc., how could any group get vaccinated before the 70 and over group?

And so the system is set up that you have to be somewhat tech savvy which a lot in this group are not. Or you have to know somebody or know the system to get your shots. In Maryland they have opened things up for younger groups while some folks in their 80’s are not getting vaccinated due to difficulty in navigating the online process.
Bingo. From what I've been able to look up, 2019 Statista has about 11%/37 million of the US population over the age of 70.
From this past summer, a Forbes headline "The Most Important Coronavirus Statistic: 42% Of U.S. Deaths Are From 0.6% Of The Population" referring to the 2.1 million in long term care facilities/nursing homes. That means there are roughly 35 million people in the US, over the age of 70, NOT in long term care facilities/nursing homes. The stats don't lie when looking at the virus deaths by age.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1191...by-age-us/
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...y-age.html
The bottom line is for the people doing the overwhelming majority of the dying to the virus, there are online appointment systems set up to get the vaccine, for people who don't do online, or don't do it well. Just dumb.
(This post was last modified: 02-13-2021 03:30 PM by BDKJMU.)
02-13-2021 03:26 PM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

85 year old Mother in Law vaccinated today in Howard County at a CVS. She is in excellent shape and walks a couple of miles a day. It took a few weeks but there were a lot of helpful people along the way. Happy for her.
02-14-2021 05:17 PM
Dukester Offline

(02-12-2021 01:10 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  We got the second stab of the Moderna yesterday afternoon. Mrs Dunk said she was a little achey yesterday eve, but otherwise no issues.

Good news is that this time the damn facility was actually semi-full with a relatively well run, fastish moving line. A month ago it was a deserted 50,000sq ft. waste land with more worker bees than recipients.

And of course now that it’s functioning at an acceptable level our idiots in charge plan on shutting these locations down. Va. governance is an embarrassing disgrace.

Yesterday my two in-laws got their first dose. My daughter got her second, and I got my first. I was pretty proud (of living in the US) walking into the high school seeing how well it was run. No wait time. I'd guess about 300-500 getting shots per hour.

While I don't freak out about shots, it's not something I enjoy. I will say it was the least eventful shot I have received. I barely knew I received it. Not sure if it was because of the nurse, or the type of shot. I will say today (the day after) it feels like Liam Fornadel punched my my right arm. 03-lmfao
02-15-2021 09:58 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Dukester, was your shot site URHS?
02-15-2021 10:11 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I got Vaccinated Thread
(02-15-2021 09:58 AM)Dukester Wrote:  
(02-12-2021 01:10 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  We got the second stab of the Moderna yesterday afternoon. Mrs Dunk said she was a little achey yesterday eve, but otherwise no issues.

Yesterday my two in-laws got their first dose. My daughter got her second, and I got my first. I was pretty proud (of living in the US) walking into the high school seeing how well it was run. No wait time. I'd guess about 300-500 getting shots per hour.

While I don't freak out about shots, it's not something I enjoy. I will say it was the least eventful shot I have received. I barely knew I received it. Not sure if it was because of the nurse, or the type of shot. I will say today (the day after) it feels like Liam Fornadel punched my my right arm. 03-lmfao

Yup

I’m used to “you’ll feel a little pinch”, or ok, this may sting a bit, whatever.

I felt the rubdown of the alcohol swap then basically nothing from the shot. Amazing.

We both had a bit of achey-arm from the second one, but to be expected. Did forget the old instruction to keep your shoulder moving, ten strokes forward, ten strokes back, ten wing flaps about once every 10 minutes or so and you won’t even have that.

Gets things moving and will quickly get rid of any soreness. Worked like a charm
02-16-2021 06:35 AM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

(02-16-2021 06:35 AM)JMUDunk Wrote:  
(02-15-2021 09:58 AM)Dukester Wrote:  

Yup

I’m used to “you’ll feel a little pinch”, or ok, this may sting a bit, whatever.

I felt the rubdown of the alcohol swap then basically nothing from the shot. Amazing.

We both had a bit of achey-arm from the second one, but to be expected. Did forget the old instruction to keep your shoulder moving, ten strokes forward, ten strokes back, ten wing flaps about once every 10 minutes or so and you won’t even have that.

Gets things moving and will quickly get rid of any soreness. Worked like a charm

Was not given that instruction. Pain in arm down to about 20% day two. Don't notice it unless I push on it. So - I don't push on it. 03-lmfao My JMU education at work!
02-16-2021 03:06 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I got Vaccinated Thread
Nah, we weren’t given that instruction either. I just happened to recall that from decades ago when those syringes and needles looked like something out of Little Shop of Horrors. And your arm could ache for a week if you didn’t get it moving!
02-16-2021 06:37 PM
Dukester Offline

I thought it was just me, but it seems like most that get the shot say they also hardly felt it. I wonder if it's a smaller needle on something?
02-17-2021 11:00 AM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

The hypos being used seem to have a real fine diameter needle. I am completely paranoid and fearful of injections and I will say that both of mine were within my tolerance but just barely (which is very low when compared to most folks). My shots were administered by INOVA across from Fairfax Hospital. Very well run setup. Check you in, get you in a line and when a station opens up they direct you there, get needled and then go to a waiting area for 10 minutes. They had about 35-40 shot stations and when talking to the guy who administered the vaccination he said they were doing 3500-4000 vaccinations every day. Probably took less than 20 minutes from start to finish each time.

Kudos to INOVA for getting the facility setup and running well.

Brian
02-17-2021 02:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.