Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spring season thread
Bookmark and Share
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Exclamation Spring season thread
Division III begins its spring season today with a slate of 8 games, the biggest one for me being the Birmingham Southern@Rhodes in Memphis tonight at 6:00 central.

Other games today are in Texas, Mississippi and Washington state.

FCS starts next weekend with one game before a full slate in two weeks.

Still no schedule for DII, assuming at this point there will be no DII football except for the occasional team playing a game. But even the teams I know are playing, their schedule doesn’t reflect it.

FCS championship game will be May 14-16(date to be determined). Which means we have meaningful spring football until then. Get a 2 month football break and the fall season starts again. Lots of football to be consumed this year if you want it.

:cheers:GO PANTHERS!!!04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2021 04:16 PM by Usajags.)
02-06-2021 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
RE: Spring seasons starts today
Where can we watch those DIII games? Any idea?
02-06-2021 10:44 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Streaming online through the schools athletic webpages.

Here is the link for the BSC/Rhodes game

https://rhodeslynx.com/sports/2021/1/11/...twork.aspx

ESPN does have the games listed under the scores tab “spring week 1”

https://www.espn.com/college-football/sc...e/5/week/1
02-06-2021 11:06 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

(02-06-2021 11:06 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Streaming online through the schools athletic webpages.

Here is the link for the BSC/Rhodes game

https://rhodeslynx.com/sports/2021/1/11/...twork.aspx

ESPN does have the games listed under the scores tab “spring week 1”

https://www.espn.com/college-football/sc...e/5/week/1

+2, thanks!
02-06-2021 11:26 AM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
Thanks. I plan on watching as many of the FCS games as possible.
02-06-2021 06:47 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(02-06-2021 10:44 AM)Yosef Himself Wrote:  Where can we watch those DIII games? Any idea?

You have to wait for the home school athletic staff to get the tape converted over from vhs to dvd, then upload that to YouTube on their. EMachine.
02-06-2021 08:25 PM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

BSC beats Rhodes 52-0.

This is not the way I expected to experience and enjoy the kid’s first college season, but I’ll take a win any day.

02-13-banana
02-06-2021 09:54 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-06-2021 06:47 PM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  Thanks. I plan on watching as many of the FCS games as possible.

https://fbschedules.com/spring-2021-coll...-schedule/
02-08-2021 12:38 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Spring season week 2 starts today. Again we have a DIII heavy schedule, but lighter then originally planned. Some games have postponed/canceled due to weather and ice. One game moved from Memphis up to Kentucky.

Big game of the week is Berry College out of Georgia coming to Birmingham Southern, this game could decide the SAA East division and who play for the SAA championship in Little Rock in March.

We do have our first FCS game of the spring with McNeese playing at Tarleton, no TV listed, kickoff at 6:00 central.

Games today will be played in Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky and Washington state.

Next week we get a full FCS schedule.
02-13-2021 09:20 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

RE: Spring season thread(changed the name to be more inclusive of the whole season)
Just because I know y’all are all interested, BSC loses a heartbreaker to Berry, 26-23. Berry scored the go ahead TD with 11 seconds remaining on a drive where they converted 4 and 10+ twice in the drive.

It was a heck of a ball game, just came up a bit short this time.
02-14-2021 12:59 AM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
RE: Spring season thread(changed the name to be more inclusive of the whole season)
(02-14-2021 12:59 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Just because I know y’all are all interested, BSC loses a heartbreaker to Berry, 26-23. Berry scored the go ahead TD with 11 seconds remaining on a drive where they converted 4 and 10+ twice in the drive.

It was a heck of a ball game, just came up a bit short this time.

Sorry about that ending. Hope the Panthers bounce back next week.
02-14-2021 02:58 PM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

FCS games start tonight, Northern Iowa v South Dakota St tonight in ESPN+. OVC and SoCon play this weekend as well, but some games have been postponed due to the winter weather so many have felt this week.

7 FCS games Saturday, we were supposed to also have FBS NMSU, but that game has been postponed as well.

In DIII, the schedule is also lighter then expected due to the weather, the SAA postponed all games this weekend, but I do know Huntingdon(Montgomery, AL) host Brevard(Brevard, NC) on Saturday in a USA South Athletic Conference matchup.

For those interested, Morehead St plays at JMU, no TV listed.
02-19-2021 02:46 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Last night, FCS Nicholls St beat DII Lincoln University 87-3. I’m not sure if any DII conferences are playing football this spring, I’ve only seen a couple of games from DII schools posted.

NMSU is back on schedule for the first FBS game of the spring, as they will now play Tarleton at 4pm central time on Sunday, no TV listed.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2021 10:22 AM by Usajags.)
02-20-2021 10:20 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Highlights of Sunday college football games,

Primetime’s Jackson St is up 37-0 on Edwin Waters late in the 3rd.

Youngstown St down at NDSU- 11-0 midway through the 2nd

Austin Peay up at Tenn Tech 14-10 midway through the 3rd.

Again, a lot of games postponed from today due to the winter weather throughout the week.

These games are actually listed as week 4 spring games.
02-21-2021 04:37 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

On to week 4, FCS schedule that includes our old conference mate Idaho. We do get a DII game with Shorter(Rome, GA) plays at Kennesaw St.

Would anyone have more interest in the FCS schedule if it were on the flagstations??? Games are on ESPN+/3 but so far nothing one the network channels. Actually surprised by that, but it is the heat of the basketball season. Maybe once the tournament goes the FCS game will find themselves on TV in April.
02-26-2021 09:52 PM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

Watching both the UNI/YSU and the Wofford/UTC games. All four teams moving the ball well. The defenses are definitely slower than the offenses.
02-27-2021 12:29 PM
Advertisement

Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(02-26-2021 09:52 PM)Usajags Wrote:  On to week 4, FCS schedule that includes our old conference mate Idaho. We do get a DII game with Shorter(Rome, GA) plays at Kennesaw St.

Would anyone have more interest in the FCS schedule if it were on the flagstations??? Games are on ESPN+/3 but so far nothing one the network channels. Actually surprised by that, but it is the heat of the basketball season. Maybe once the tournament goes the FCS game will find themselves on TV in April.

I mean if an FCS game was on I'd watch it, but it's not something I'd search for. TBH though for me that goes for most sports unless its the NFL or it's Sun Belt related. Oh I do like watching certain teams get beat too.
02-27-2021 07:52 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
My understanding is ESPN is not planning to televise any FCS games until the playoffs. They have all the upcoming conference basketball tournaments, and the rights to the NCAA Women's Tournament in March. It will be April before that all finishes, and that coincides with opening day of MLB and late season NBA Games.
02-28-2021 10:27 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(02-28-2021 10:27 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  My understanding is ESPN is not planning to televise any FCS games until the playoffs. They have all the upcoming conference basketball tournaments, and the rights to the NCAA Women's Tournament in March. It will be April before that all finishes, and that coincides with opening day of MLB and late season NBA Games.

I’d rather watch FCS football over cornhole or slamball, seems like they could find some space on one of their 4 platforms, ESPN/2/U/News. Unfortunately I do get it, those schedules are made a long time in advance, but FCS is really missing a golden opportunity to get some brand recognition and really boost the idea of spring football for any of the possible pro leagues that may or may not exist next spring.
02-28-2021 11:02 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
Idaho should do something about this.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2021 08:51 AM by EigenEagle.)
03-01-2021 08:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.