Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dan Filippone enters transfer portal.
Bookmark and Share
Big Red Online
All American

I Root For: NIU
Dan Filippone enters transfer portal.
Clearly Coach Chapman has no control over the program as the mass exodus from the Montgomery regime has continued.
[you can figure out if there should have been a special font for this one on your own]
01-20-2021 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Dan Filippone enters transfer portal.
Never even heard this name before. Does he even get any playing time?
01-20-2021 05:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

This is a repeat of Brandon Danowski——the 16th man on a 15 man roster......probably hustles in practice, gets run over setting picks on the scout squad and will go to some 1,000 student NAIA program in a city we’ve never heard of and be the 12th man on a 23 man roster.
01-20-2021 05:33 PM
HawaiiToNIU Online
All American

A coach's son whose coach isn't at NIU. Good luck at Benedictine or UW Parkside.

He appears to have been a baller at Antioch Community High School.
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021 05:49 PM by HawaiiToNIU.)
01-20-2021 05:48 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

There is really no one on roster who is indispensable. Geno not on team
01-20-2021 05:49 PM
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

(01-20-2021 05:49 PM)klake87 Wrote:  There is really no one on roster who is indispensable. Geno not on team

I actually agree with this.

I like Hankerson, Cochran, and Beane but if any of them left, I wouldn't worry about any of them.

Honestly, losing Cochran would probably upset me the most. For one, he's a sophomore and second, I think he's a true leader and a guy who will run though a wall to win a game.
01-20-2021 05:54 PM
Big Red Online
All American

(01-20-2021 05:33 PM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  This is a repeat of Brandon Danowski——the 16th man on a 15 man roster......probably hustles in practice, gets run over setting picks on the scout squad and will go to some 1,000 student NAIA program in a city we’ve never heard of and be the 12th man on a 23 man roster.

This is exactly what I've gained from the few times I've seen him, which is just in pre-game warm-ups.

He seems to be well liked and has a good time out there. I'm guessing, like you, he is a capable body in practice and the guys respect him for it.

I mean...he's a walk-on and a pretty un-impressive looking one. I remember someone here tried to hype him up when he signed on to play. I did a write up on him and was honest...which was that I thought he was going to be the last guy on the bench, kinda like Danowski (although, I think Filippone is better than Danowski was).

With that said...yeah...good luck. But he doesn't strike me as a guy who's betting on hoops to be his meal ticket. None of the walk-ons ever strike me that way, tbh.
01-20-2021 05:58 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

Really wouldn’t be surprised if the whole roster turns over when we get a new coach. Our basketball program is a dumpster fire.
01-20-2021 06:20 PM
HawaiiToNIU Online
All American

(01-20-2021 06:20 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Really wouldn’t be surprised if the whole roster turns over when we get a new coach. Our basketball program is a dumpster fire.

I don't know how and I can't explain it. But this is somehow Carey's fault.
01-20-2021 06:45 PM
Advertisement

Springfield Soxfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: White Sox
(01-20-2021 05:48 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  A coach's son whose coach isn't at NIU. Good luck at Benedictine or UW Parkside.

As an Antioch alumnus as well, sad to see a former Sequoit leave the program, he could roll out of bed and attend UW Parkside.
01-20-2021 08:01 PM
Big Red Online
All American

(01-20-2021 08:01 PM)Springfield Soxfan Wrote:  
(01-20-2021 05:48 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  A coach's son whose coach isn't at NIU. Good luck at Benedictine or UW Parkside.

As an Antioch alumnus as well, sad to see a former Sequoit leave the program, he could roll out of bed and attend UW Parkside.

Any clue on why he chose NIU to begin with?

I'd figure if it was the school that had whatever program he wanted to major in, it made sense to walk-on. But he never had a shot at playing any meaningful minutes at NIU so I wonder what his motivations were. Unless he just wanted to give it a go.

Like you said, he can play at D-II, III or NAIA so I'm not sure if he got bad advice or just wanted to try it out. If nothing else, I'm sure he got much better just practicing at NIU so it may have actually been to his advantage to do it for a year and a half and then transfer. But then, it maybe messes with his academics (not including the amount of time and effort it takes to just be a walk-on with the practice and travel schedule).

Anyway, not that I expect you to know. Just curious if, being an alum, you had heard anything (not that its actually any of my business).
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2021 08:10 PM by Big Red.)
01-20-2021 08:09 PM
Springfield Soxfan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: White Sox
Did not have much D-I interest and thought he could come into a situation and get some PT on a down program. He campaigned so hard for an offer that just wasn't there.
01-20-2021 08:31 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

(01-20-2021 06:45 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(01-20-2021 06:20 PM)BDB5yp Wrote:  Really wouldn’t be surprised if the whole roster turns over when we get a new coach. Our basketball program is a dumpster fire.

Montgomery must have had him in as a guest speaker for a pep talk.03-banghead
01-20-2021 10:03 PM
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

(01-20-2021 08:31 PM)Springfield Soxfan Wrote:  Did not have much D-I interest and thought he could come into a situation and get some PT on a down program. He campaigned so hard for an offer that just wasn't there.

That's what I figured.
01-21-2021 07:57 AM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Monty had to take what he could get. We’re any of the JC players the best one on their team?
01-21-2021 08:21 AM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

Who? Oh, yeah the token white guy on the end of the bench. Ya might think just for the sake of diversity NIU would make a real effort to keep him around! I'm beginning to suspect the word diversity is a code word meaning something else.
Oh well, we will certainly not miss his playing time.
Now what is the deal with Keenon Cole?
01-21-2021 12:44 PM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(01-20-2021 06:45 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

03-lmfao
01-25-2021 11:32 AM
Advertisement

dc1 Offline
Special Teams

Elduderino, token white guy? Monty had plenty of white guys on his teams. Monty just like Michigan St. has always had white guys on their teams. I think what you meant was the women’s program seems to have a limit of 3-4 black players at a time.
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021 05:09 PM by dc1.)
01-25-2021 05:09 PM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

(01-25-2021 05:09 PM)dc1 Wrote:  Elduderino, token white guy? Monty had plenty of white guys on his teams. Monty just like Michigan St. has always had white guys on their teams. I think what you meant was the women’s program seems to have a limit of 3-4 black players at a time.

Facts are facts. You arguing against the obvious irrefutable reality is laughable.
And then, AND THEN, you drop the race card clearly insinuating the women's program is racist because ONLY "3-4 black players"!!!! Wow.
NOW really 'I'm beginning to suspect the word diversity is a code word meaning something else'.
01-30-2021 12:09 PM
HawaiiToNIU Online
All American

(01-30-2021 12:09 PM)El Duderino Wrote:  
(01-25-2021 05:09 PM)dc1 Wrote:  Elduderino, token white guy? Monty had plenty of white guys on his teams. Monty just like Michigan St. has always had white guys on their teams. I think what you meant was the women’s program seems to have a limit of 3-4 black players at a time.

Facts are facts. You arguing against the obvious irrefutable reality is laughable.
And then, AND THEN, you drop the race card clearly insinuating the women's program is racist because ONLY "3-4 black players"!!!! Wow.
NOW really 'I'm beginning to suspect the word diversity is a code word meaning something else'.

Guy, you need help. This is the second time YOU'VE pulled the race card. In another thread, you questioned the NIU athletics future success, as long as Sean keeps making "woke" hires.

Get help man.
01-30-2021 02:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.