Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB @ Towson Tuesday Jan 5 2021 2PM
Bookmark and Share
Dukester Offline

I Root For: JMU
WBB @ Towson Tuesday Jan 5 2021 2PM
While Sunday's win was not pretty, it was against the #3 team in the CAA preseason ratings. To get a sweep versus Towson certainly would be a nice way to begin conference play.

I don't feel we've played up to our talent level the last three games, but this year for JMU is all about improving throughout the year. With the 3 poor outcomes in (including size of defeats) OOC play, I'm not sure undefeated to the CAA Final even get's this team an at large bid.

This team has the talent to win CAA tournament, and to play solid in the dance. For that to happen we need to improve the level of play.

I think a big key to our success will be coaching Brianna to play within herself. Just too out of control. Her shot selection is too aggressive for my liking.
01-05-2021 11:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
RE: WBB @ Towson Tuesday Jan 5 2021 2PM
Game has been postponed/cancelled - positive COVID case in the Towson program.
01-05-2021 11:33 AM
Dukester Offline

03-drunk
01-05-2021 11:40 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

A bit concerning considering we just hosted them.
01-05-2021 11:57 AM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
Maybe their women have been hanging around their men's players. Their men's team has had to postpone several games. Our women's program had been clean so far.
01-05-2021 12:44 PM
Advertisement

olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-05-2021 11:29 AM)Dukester Wrote:  While Sunday's win was not pretty, it was against the #3 team in the CAA preseason ratings. To get a sweep versus Towson certainly would be a nice way to begin conference play.

I don't feel we've played up to our talent level the last three games, but this year for JMU is all about improving throughout the year. With the 3 poor outcomes in (including size of defeats) OOC play, I'm not sure undefeated to the CAA Final even get's this team an at large bid.

This team has the talent to win CAA tournament, and to play solid in the dance. For that to happen we need to improve the level of play.

I think a big key to our success will be coaching Brianna to play within herself. Just too out of control. Her shot selection is too aggressive for my liking.

Yeah, I've mentally ruled that out. As it stands currently, this team is not on par with others from the last 6-8 yrs (who didn't receive at large bids). We have acquitted ourselves well in the past during OOC against good P5s. Not the case this year.
01-05-2021 01:13 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

I’m optimistic (read: a homer) that our new starters who came via transfer will come into their own faster than your typical freshman. The homer in me hopes that JMU in March is back to threatening top teams not named UConn/USC/Oregon.
01-05-2021 01:17 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

JMU drove up to Towson today only to find out upon arrival that the TU coach tested positive.
01-06-2021 12:20 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Dabo would scream and yell that Towson is afraid. Lol
01-06-2021 07:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.