The facts behind Trump's call to GA SOS
01-04-2021 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
RE: The facts behind Trump's call to GA SOS
Unprecedented attempt at voter fraud by a sitting US President. He is a threat to our democracy.
01-04-2021 04:49 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Even some FOX News commentators are distancing themselves from him, forcing the "fake news" autocrat to NEWSMAX and OANN.
01-04-2021 04:58 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

01-04-2021 05:05 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

01-04-2021 05:13 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Our allies are becoming increasingly concerned for our nation:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/04/world...-call.html
01-04-2021 06:42 PM
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

That doesn’t sound like a guy asking for votes to be invented out of thin air (how Kennedy beat Nixon in Illinois) or ineligible votes counted (like how Al Franken beat Norm Coleman). It sounds like an exasperated guy who can’t believe he lost.
01-04-2021 06:47 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(01-04-2021 06:42 PM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Our allies are becoming increasingly concerned for our nation:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/04/world...-call.html

I mean, I would be more concerned about courts or statewide officials violating election laws with the pandemic as an excuse (not to mention the complete abrogation of the right of free assembly in most of these countries recently) than the verbal diarrhea for a few more days.

Or more specifically courts that are deciding most fundamental issues with zero input from voters and their elected officials.

Or Iran being so concerned about our democracy that their spinning’ up their nuclear program again. I mean, if “Bushitler” was Voldemort squared because of the Second Gulf War, imagine the guy leading us through a region-wide bout between Iran and the Saudis or Israel.

I’m so glad the EU is here to remind us of how terrible we are. 03-wink
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2021 06:58 PM by RunningGame.)
01-04-2021 06:56 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

Trump supporters are running around Washington carrying assault rifles, Flynn is advocating martial law, Retrumplicans in Congress are talking about ignoring the Constitution-laws of the land to help him remain in office, former Secretaries of Defense are worried he will try to use military to hold onto presidency.

And it's the Left that's "radical."
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2021 07:44 AM by MajorHoople.)
01-05-2021 07:07 AM
GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(01-05-2021 07:07 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Trump supporters are running around Washington carrying assault rifles, Flynn is advocating martial law, Retrumplicans in Congress are talking about ignoring the Constitution-laws of the land to help him remain in office, former Secretaries o0f Defense are worried he will try to use military to hold onto presidency.

You should probably find a hobby...
01-05-2021 07:26 AM
broncofan1 Offline
All American

I Root For: Broncos
(01-05-2021 07:07 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Trump supporters are running around Washington carrying assault rifles, Flynn is advocating martial law, Retrumplicans in Congress are talking about ignoring the Constitution-laws of the land to help him remain in office, former Secretaries of Defense are worried he will try to use military to hold onto presidency.

THIS

The Trump cult is a pox on this country. Why they would sell their souls for a conman like him is beyond me.

I had not voted for the Dem candidate for Pres since '92. After seeing what the GOP has become, I can't see myself voting for them ever again.
01-05-2021 09:29 AM
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

(01-05-2021 07:07 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Trump supporters are running around Washington carrying assault rifles, Flynn is advocating martial law, Retrumplicans in Congress are talking about ignoring the Constitution-laws of the land to help him remain in office, former Secretaries of Defense are worried he will try to use military to hold onto presidency.

The difference between the right and the left is none of what you fear is going to happen, and the left always goes farther than what they say they want to do. It’s a basic philosophical difference. You can’t really be mad after actual left-wing riots and open fantasizing about a coup that one side gets to actually play out their political cosplay and the other side merely talks about it idly. That’s like believing CMU gets to commit holding without penalty and WMU coaches should be penalized for grumbling about retaliation.

Seriously, I think you’ve been hitting this topic really hard, what’s up? After four years (and 40 more of public spotlight), you should realize what Trump says is negotiation and what he actually does is a “compromise” between his rhetoric and his counterparts.

Four years ago, predictions of economic collapse, nuclear war, worldwide Russian domination, gay people in concentration camps, death camps for Mexicans—none of that came to pass. In fact, generally the opposite. Predictions of chaos in January are media cosplay.

We would all be better off if we just turned off our TVs forever.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2021 09:51 AM by RunningGame.)
01-05-2021 09:46 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

I will add that someday, the mere talk is going to end. You can't have asymmetric political combat forever. At some point, after so many left wing riots, the right wing is going to say to hell with the media narrative that slams them for merely gathering together and picking up trash after themselves.
01-05-2021 09:59 AM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2021 09:59 AM)RunningGame Wrote:  I will add that someday, the mere talk is going to end. You can't have asymmetric political combat forever. At some point, after so many left wing riots, the right wing is going to say to hell with the media narrative that slams them for merely gathering together and picking up trash after themselves.
The President of the United States is recorded on tape trying to convince a state who has certified their election results to give him 12,000 votes to win. A Republican Secretary of State recorded the call to show how corrupt the sitting President is.

Conclusion: The liberals and media did this.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2021 10:32 AM by BroncoMinor.)
01-05-2021 10:32 AM
Ken Barna Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
Dear RunningGame,
The people of the right have slammed the media since President Trump started calling them fake news. They only believe what Trump says, backed by Fox News. The right is being slammed, because of their ignorance of the truth. This situation that you say is going to end, won't happen soon, with the latest shenanigans the right is proposing on Wednesday, with the certification of the electoral vote.
01-05-2021 10:38 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(01-05-2021 10:32 AM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 09:59 AM)RunningGame Wrote:  I will add that someday, the mere talk is going to end. You can't have asymmetric political combat forever. At some point, after so many left wing riots, the right wing is going to say to hell with the media narrative that slams them for merely gathering together and picking up trash after themselves.
The President of the United States is recorded on tape trying to convince a state who has certified their election results to give him 12,000 votes to win. A Republican Secretary of State recorded the call to show how corrupt the sitting President is.

Conclusion: The liberals and media did this.

I was referring generally to Major's post about people running around with assault rifles in DC. Thanks for proving my point.
01-05-2021 11:42 AM
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

(01-05-2021 10:38 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear RunningGame,
The people of the right have slammed the media since President Trump started calling them fake news. They only believe what Trump says, backed by Fox News. The right is being slammed, because of their ignorance of the truth. This situation that you say is going to end, won't happen soon, with the latest shenanigans the right is proposing on Wednesday, with the certification of the electoral vote.

Ken, the media has been slamming people on the right for 40 years as a solid bloc. Are they just supposed to sit there and take it? Do people on the left just take it from FOX News?

Remember that minor teen at the March for Life who the entire media descended on as an enemy of the people, for the crime of standing there while a bunch of adults yelled and confronted him? What's he supposed to do, say "Please sirs, can I have some more denunciations?"

I'm sorry, but the media deserves every last ounce of this. Hell, they created it as a purposefully strategy by pushing Trump through the Republican primary to grab ratings and get an easy out for Hillary as a side benefit, who let's just be honest here, perhaps 95% of reporters voted for: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the...a-bubble/.

This is some cosmic-level karma right here.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2021 11:48 AM by RunningGame.)
01-05-2021 11:46 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

You liberals are creating this situation. Every time you react with "how dare they!" when it's something you routinely do, you are creating an asymmetrical atmosphere. Those are the sort of situations where either the other side simply surrenders or completely blows up and joins in a tit for tat response.

If you want a true "liberal" society, then you can't riot and delegitimize and then howl when the other merely side gathers and questions legitimacy. Pro-tip: if you want your counterparts to respect the sacred nature of your legitimacy, don't question their legitimacy on a 24/7 basis.

Me, I'm good and ready for hard-core federalism like a return to the Articles of Confederation, or a straight up national divorce, because someday this clash of ideology and asymmetrical political fighting will explode in terrible way that goes beyond trading insults online.

Now, who here wants to repent of the claims that Bush stole the 2000 election?
01-05-2021 12:00 PM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(01-05-2021 12:00 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  You liberals are creating this situation. Every time you react with "how dare they!" when it's something you routinely do, you are creating an asymmetrical atmosphere. Those are the sort of situations where either the other side simply surrenders or completely blows up and joins in a tit for tat response.

If you want a true "liberal" society, then you can't riot and delegitimize and then howl when the other merely side gathers and questions legitimacy. Pro-tip: if you want your counterparts to respect the sacred nature of your legitimacy, don't question their legitimacy on a 24/7 basis.

Me, I'm good and ready for hard-core federalism like a return to the Articles of Confederation, or a straight up national divorce, because someday this clash of ideology and asymmetrical political fighting will explode in terrible way that goes beyond trading insults online.

The Bush/Gore 2000 election came down to a difference of 537 votes in Florida. Florida going for Bush or Gore decided the presidency.

In 2020, Trump lost the Electoral College 306-232. In 2016, Trump defeated Clinton by the exact same margin (306-232) and declared it a landslide victory. All the battleground states had a margin of victory of at least 10,000 votes.

Any comparisons between these two elections are absolutely ridiculous.

With that said, Gore conceded the 2000 election on December 13th, 2000. Hillary Clinton conceded the 2016 election the day after the Election. Donald Trump is STILL claiming he won the election. Al Gore, the Vice President of the United States in 2000, made the election official in Congress. Trump, 12 US Senators, & over 100 US Congress people are STILL not accepting the results of this election.

Your claim the Dems have done anything like this in the past is factually incorrect.
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2021 01:21 PM by BroncoMinor.)
01-05-2021 01:11 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(01-05-2021 01:11 PM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  
(01-05-2021 12:00 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  You liberals are creating this situation. Every time you react with "how dare they!" when it's something you routinely do, you are creating an asymmetrical atmosphere. Those are the sort of situations where either the other side simply surrenders or completely blows up and joins in a tit for tat response.

The Bush/Gore 2000 election came down to a difference of 537 votes in Florida. Florida going for Bush or Gore decided the presidency.

In 2020, Trump lost the Electoral College 306-232. Trump beat Clinton in 2016 306-232 and declared it a landslide victory.

Any comparisons between these two elections are absolutely ridiculous.

With that said, Gore conceded the 2000 election on December 13th, 2000. Hillary Clinton conceded the 2016 election the day after the Election. Al Gore, the Vice President of the United States in 2000 made the election official. Trump, 12 US Senators, & over 100 US Congress people are STILL not accepting the results of the election.

Your attempt to claim the Dems have done anything like this is factual incorrect.

I was still hearing "Bush stole the election" statements in, like, 2008, not just December 13, 2000. Hell, I remember them emblazoned on t-shirts (and much worse) on people walking around the Bernhard Center.

Up until about 5 minutes ago, people asserted Russia stole the 2016 election for Trump: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arc...y/610570/. The election billboard on my drive in to work every day was Putin and Trump shaking hands.

Just try to be a little introspective here. I'll give you an opportunity:

Me: Trump needs to get over it, he lost the election. Bush woefully misunderstood the end result of the Iraq War. Bush Sr. violated his word on taxes. Reagan didn't take the AIDS crisis seriously enough.

Now, anyone care to sincerely criticize one modern Democratic president here, and not criticizing them for being not committed enough to your ideological liking?
01-05-2021 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.