Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

From the Denton paper: C-USA's programs, not league office must fix what ails league
Bookmark and Share
ColoradoGreen Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: North Texas
From the Denton paper: C-USA's programs, not league office must fix what ails league
12-29-2020 12:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MAN4UAB Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
RE: From the Denton paper: C-USA's programs, not league office must fix what ails league
(12-29-2020 12:54 PM)ColoradoGreen Wrote:  From the Denton paper

I agree. It is on the member institutions.
12-29-2020 01:26 PM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

RE: From the Denton paper: C-USA's programs, not league office must fix what ails league
(12-29-2020 01:26 PM)MAN4UAB Wrote:  
(12-29-2020 12:54 PM)ColoradoGreen Wrote:  From the Denton paper

I agree. It is on the member institutions.

But but but if we blame Judy we don’t have to accept responsibility
12-29-2020 02:37 PM
MUsince96 Offline
All American

I Root For: Marshall
Actual headline:

C-USA has work to do after disastrous bowl season
12-29-2020 03:14 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
I mean you have to admit we had a pretty good bowl winning streak going, we were due for a bad off year. Just glad this year doesn't count!
12-29-2020 03:49 PM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
This is just one season, and yes it wasn’t good but this league has bigger issues on the whole than just losing bowl games this year. We get very little exposure, some member schools aren’t even close to the main draw in their market. CUSA leadership has to find a way to increase our national exposure and brand. That leads to better recruits and helps each member school at attract more students as well. Jmo
12-29-2020 05:03 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(12-29-2020 05:03 PM)SVHerd Wrote:  This is just one season, and yes it wasn’t good but this league has bigger issues on the whole than just losing bowl games this year. We get very little exposure, some member schools aren’t even close to the main draw in their market. CUSA leadership has to find a way to increase our national exposure and brand. That leads to better recruits and helps each member school at attract more students as well. Jmo

We fans need to make up our minds on what we are willing to do. I seem to recall most Marshall (CUSA) fans saying Saturday was the day they wanted to play 6 home football games on.

So now Marshall fans are welling to give up 2 to 4 home games each year and play those games on a week night? ESPN gets first and only vote on when those games are played.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall Marshall fans being one of the loudest groups against this. Am I mistaken? That is the one and only way to get espn interested enough to spend money. But even then isnt it a little too late. ESPN owns all of the rights to the conferences they sign and have more content than they can show on their networks....

why do you think CBSSN is showing less CUSA games? ESPN can sell them content to fill slots cheaper than they can buy it from CUSA. Lets be honest once more, the difference in ratings from any of us is not that much difference.

Not one CUSA school or SBC school or MAC school has a big enough built in following to draw ratings that would matter. Especially when it comes to CBSSN.

I'm interested in what any fan on this board thinks CUSA has that is worth more than what they are currently getting? The media contract Judy got for CUSA considering the above. Most every game a fan can sit in their home and watch their school play. Each school getting somewhere in the neighborhood of $400,000. Doing that without Fox or ESPN willing to bid for the games...

deserves a lot more credit than fans give. Once more lets be honest, the leadership of CUSA is trying to polish up a pig, more likely pig **** and getting others to pay for it....

when they are already overloaded with pig ****
12-29-2020 05:32 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

Definitely get our own houses in order. The Presidents employ Judy. So, in a sense, we can only judge Judy as far as we judge our own school presidents jobs when it comes to how much they care and how they’ve invested school funds to athletics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-29-2020 05:42 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

These things are cyclical, too. We’re in a period where no one/two programs are going thru a dominate phase. We seem to look over the fact that Memphis (8-3), UCF (6-4), Houston (3-5), and AppSt (9-3) all had relatively down years and may be looking at good conference teams for a few years vs dominating and grabbing National headlines.

12-29-2020 05:54 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

To add a little more, recruiting at this level is all about spotting under valued talent that works for the system each school runs. Coastal Carolina has another under .500 season without Grayson McCall.

Grayson McCall had the following offers
CC
Army
3 or 4 FCS schools

Zac Thomas anyone thinks Appy St has the record they had over the last few years without this kid
Offers were 3 or 4 SBC schools and 3 or 4 CUSA schools. When he signed with Appy St they had a 6,3,7 and 11 wins. Not one team in the SBC had been ranked

Just two examples of QBs and you can do that with other skill players on G5 teams that are having a good run. Recruiting is about a coach being able to first spot the talent and sell that kid on the system. Its not about espn games on weeknights that are getting 70k to 100k in views.

Its not about system rankings by 247. Its about a coach that can spot talent at the skill positions. Those that do, win. Those that dont, loses. Of course a outstanding coach can sometimes overcome losing. A awful coach will win once every 3 or 4 years even when they spot that talent.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2020 06:24 PM by WKUYG.)
12-29-2020 06:21 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
don't care about tejas in any capacity...

LA, MS, AL, GA only...

the rest can KMA with a GL smooch...
12-29-2020 06:22 PM
Advertisement

GEAGLESJAG Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USA & USM
(12-29-2020 05:54 PM)blazr Wrote:  These things are cyclical, too. We’re in a period where no one/two programs are going thru a dominate phase. We seem to look over the fact that Memphis (8-3), UCF (6-4), Houston (3-5), and AppSt (9-3) all had relatively down years and may be looking at good conference teams for a few years vs dominating and grabbing National headlines.

I certainly would like to have one of those 9 - 3 down years.
12-29-2020 06:39 PM
MAN4UAB Offline
All American

(12-29-2020 06:21 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  To add a little more, recruiting at this level is all about spotting under valued talent that works for the system each school runs. Coastal Carolina has another under .500 season without Grayson McCall.

Grayson McCall had the following offers
CC
Army
3 or 4 FCS schools

Zac Thomas anyone thinks Appy St has the record they had over the last few years without this kid
Offers were 3 or 4 SBC schools and 3 or 4 CUSA schools. When he signed with Appy St they had a 6,3,7 and 11 wins. Not one team in the SBC had been ranked

Just two examples of QBs and you can do that with other skill players on G5 teams that are having a good run. Recruiting is about a coach being able to first spot the talent and sell that kid on the system. Its not about espn games on weeknights that are getting 70k to 100k in views.

Its not about system rankings by 247. Its about a coach that can spot talent at the skill positions. Those that do, win. Those that dont, loses. Of course a outstanding coach can sometimes overcome losing. A awful coach will win once every 3 or 4 years even when they spot that talent.

Bingo!
12-29-2020 06:47 PM
farmfanucdgrad Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Stanford, UCD
And again...it was just one bad year for Conference USA overall and a bad year bowl wise going 0 for 6 (UAB didn't get to play). 2021 is a new year.
12-29-2020 06:58 PM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
Zac Thomas passed for 115 yards and 1 TD in the bowl game. He’s a good QB, but App is way more than one player. App won 30 games the three years prior to Zac starting.
12-29-2020 10:26 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(12-29-2020 10:26 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Zac Thomas passed for 115 yards and 1 TD in the bowl game. He’s a good QB, but App is way more than one player. App won 30 games the three years prior to Zac starting.

Nobody asked. This is concerning CUSA. There is a Sunbelt board.
12-29-2020 11:36 PM
Advertisement

blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(12-29-2020 06:39 PM)GEAGLESJAG Wrote:  
(12-29-2020 05:54 PM)blazr Wrote:  These things are cyclical, too. We’re in a period where no one/two programs are going thru a dominate phase. We seem to look over the fact that Memphis (8-3), UCF (6-4), Houston (3-5), and AppSt (9-3) all had relatively down years and may be looking at good conference teams for a few years vs dominating and grabbing National headlines.

I certainly would like to have one of those 9 - 3 down years.

It’s all relative. You don’t think Alabama would consider a 9-3, no champ, no CFP would consider that a down year? The difference it it takes longer to reload at the G5 level.

12-30-2020 12:46 AM
Saint3333 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: App State
(12-29-2020 11:36 PM)deb025 Wrote:  
(12-29-2020 10:26 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Zac Thomas passed for 115 yards and 1 TD in the bowl game. He’s a good QB, but App is way more than one player. App won 30 games the three years prior to Zac starting.

Nobody asked. This is concerning CUSA. There is a Sunbelt board.

Someone posted about App and Zac Thompson.

Sorry for not allowing you to live in an echo chamber of false information.
12-30-2020 08:04 AM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-29-2020 05:32 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(12-29-2020 05:03 PM)SVHerd Wrote:  This is just one season, and yes it wasn’t good but this league has bigger issues on the whole than just losing bowl games this year. We get very little exposure, some member schools aren’t even close to the main draw in their market. CUSA leadership has to find a way to increase our national exposure and brand. That leads to better recruits and helps each member school at attract more students as well. Jmo

We fans need to make up our minds on what we are willing to do. I seem to recall most Marshall (CUSA) fans saying Saturday was the day they wanted to play 6 home football games on.

So now Marshall fans are welling to give up 2 to 4 home games each year and play those games on a week night? ESPN gets first and only vote on when those games are played.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall Marshall fans being one of the loudest groups against this. Am I mistaken? That is the one and only way to get espn interested enough to spend money. But even then isnt it a little too late. ESPN owns all of the rights to the conferences they sign and have more content than they can show on their networks....

why do you think CBSSN is showing less CUSA games? ESPN can sell them content to fill slots cheaper than they can buy it from CUSA. Lets be honest once more, the difference in ratings from any of us is not that much difference.

Not one CUSA school or SBC school or MAC school has a big enough built in following to draw ratings that would matter. Especially when it comes to CBSSN.

I'm interested in what any fan on this board thinks CUSA has that is worth more than what they are currently getting? The media contract Judy got for CUSA considering the above. Most every game a fan can sit in their home and watch their school play. Each school getting somewhere in the neighborhood of $400,000. Doing that without Fox or ESPN willing to bid for the games...

deserves a lot more credit than fans give. Once more lets be honest, the leadership of CUSA is trying to polish up a pig, more likely pig **** and getting others to pay for it....

The fans against week day games are going to be the most vocal. I wouldn’t mind playing 2 games or so a season on a Thursday or Friday night. Maybe one away and one at home - IF it’s gets the league better exposure. I don’t want all my November games on Tuesdays and Wednesdays like MACtion but I can see why they do it.

I truly think if our games against EKU and App St weren’t on ESPN and CBS and nationally aired, we probably wouldn’t have been ranked. The exposure alone was invaluable. Of course we crapped the bed big time and didn’t fully take advantage of it. Jmho
12-30-2020 09:56 AM
SVHerd Offline
All American

I Root For:
(12-29-2020 05:32 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

The fans against week day games are going to be the most vocal. I wouldn’t mind playing 2 games or so a season on a Thursday or Friday night. Maybe one away and one at home - IF it’s gets the league better exposure. I don’t want all my November games on Tuesdays and Wednesdays like MACtion but I can see why they do it.

I truly think if our games against EKU and App St weren’t on ESPN and CBS and nationally aired, we probably wouldn’t have been ranked. The exposure alone was invaluable. Of course we crapped the bed big time and didn’t fully take advantage of it. Jmho
12-30-2020 09:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.