WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So who's eligible to return next year?
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
So who's eligible to return next year?
Any senior? Only 4th year seniors? Grad transfers?

I'm reading here but still a little uncertain as I'm not digging into the details.
12-21-2020 10:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WMUPorter Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
RE: So who's eligible to return next year?
Any player is eligible to return. This season did not count against eligibility. Coach Lester has already stated that he pretty much expects everybody back except the players in the portal(Hayward, Sanders, Lezzer), Eskridge who he expects to play on Sundays and maybe Caliendo but Caliendo has already hinted that he is coming back.
12-21-2020 11:39 PM
flushtheherd Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-21-2020 10:55 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  Any senior? Only 4th year seniors? Grad transfers?

I'm reading here but still a little uncertain as I'm not digging into the details.

Well in short. Anyone who wants to... This season didn't cost anyone eligibility.
12-22-2020 12:04 AM
Advertisement

Cocksman Offline
1st String

(12-21-2020 11:39 PM)WMUPorter Wrote:  Any player is eligible to return. This season did not count against eligibility. Coach Lester has already stated that he pretty much expects everybody back except the players in the portal(Hayward, Sanders, Lezzer), Eskridge who he expects to play on Sundays and maybe Caliendo but Caliendo has already hinted that he is coming back.

So this means we are again the best team in the Mac (regardless of choking away the official title again) ?
12-22-2020 12:36 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(12-22-2020 12:36 AM)Cocksman Wrote:  
(12-21-2020 11:39 PM)WMUPorter Wrote:  Any player is eligible to return. This season did not count against eligibility. Coach Lester has already stated that he pretty much expects everybody back except the players in the portal(Hayward, Sanders, Lezzer), Eskridge who he expects to play on Sundays and maybe Caliendo but Caliendo has already hinted that he is coming back.

So this means we are again the best team in the Mac (regardless of choking away the official title again) ?

Let's wait and see how transfers shake out. Young teams should see improvement. Buffalo without Patterson might not be so good. Kent State with another year in their quirky offensive system might be that much better.
12-22-2020 10:32 AM
Advertisement

BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

You have to factor in us regressing like every other year since PJ left.
12-22-2020 12:26 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(12-22-2020 12:26 PM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  

You have to factor in us regressing like every other year since PJ left.

Objectively, can we call a team that continues to improve its winning percentage every season "regressing"? Stuck at a glass ceiling? Yes (if we lost to Toledo, we could have called it the Glass Bowl ceiling, har har). But again, we went from "this team will be lucky to win 3 games in 2017" to "why haven't we won three MAC championships already?" That's progression.
12-22-2020 12:36 PM
Advertisement

WMU_Grad2016 Offline
Bench Warmer

I’m pretty sure Caliendo is starting Medical school next year.
12-22-2020 12:40 PM
BroncoMinor Offline
Heisman

(12-22-2020 12:40 PM)WMU_Grad2016 Wrote:  

That seems like a good reason to move on. I wish him the best.

If we're assuming Moore (LT), French (OC), Deatherage (RG), & Brooks (RT) return, is there a frontrunner to take the open spot?
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2020 01:22 PM by BroncoMinor.)
12-22-2020 01:21 PM
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

(12-22-2020 01:21 PM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  

If we're assuming Moore (LT), French (OC), Deatherage (RG), & Brooks (RT) return, is there a frontrunner to take the open spot?

Asbury or Kanz, assuming they return.

Please, coaching staff, move French to guard where we can use his physicality and toughness just as well, and train another guy to be center who can reliably snap the ball. Please don't tell the new guy he has to snap it like a missile; the RPO timing can't be worse off than it was this year with the wild snaps.
12-22-2020 04:31 PM
BroncoMD Offline
1st String

Crappies
(12-22-2020 04:31 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  
(12-22-2020 01:21 PM)BroncoMinor Wrote:  

Asbury or Kanz, assuming they return.

Please, coaching staff, move French to guard where we can use his physicality and toughness just as well, and train another guy to be center who can reliably snap the ball. Please don't tell the new guy he has to snap it like a missile; the RPO timing can't be worse off than it was this year with the wild snaps.

French is a smart guy from what I've heard and that is precisely what you need at center. Obviously, he needs work with Eleby on the snaps and I have no doubt they can work it out between now and next season.

I'll be interested to see if Ball State can repeat as MAC west champion -- it will be very competitive west again.
12-27-2020 12:19 AM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
I wonder how many guys are going to be inspired enough to stick around for an additional year of practice, off-season training, and everything else that goes playing an additional year. Division 1 athletes are generally confident people, but I honestly cannot believe that most players think that they are in a conference championship level program. They see what Lester and staff have done over the years, and watch him repeatedly do things like take a knee to run out the clock when the team has a great opportunity to score going into halftime. That, and many other situations they have witnessed over the years, does not breed enthusiasm. Poor leadership is killing this program.
12-27-2020 09:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.