SEC Shorts - SEC fights to get two teams into the CFP

12-21-2020 10:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Wahoowa84 Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa
RE: SEC Shorts - SEC fights to get two teams into the CFP
Capture the Flag is good. I like the folks dressed in black being the obstacles and judges.

To me, the most unsavory aspect of the selection process is how coaches , commissioners and TV announcers spin their viewpoints. Jimbo Fisher and Ryan Day; Greg Sankey and John Swafford...they are all in constant spin mode.
12-21-2020 11:34 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(12-21-2020 11:34 AM)Wahoowa84 Wrote:  Capture the Flag is good. I like the folks dressed in black being the obstacles and judges.

To me, the most unsavory aspect of the selection process is how coaches , commissioners and TV announcers spin their viewpoints. Jimbo Fisher and Ryan Day; Greg Sankey and John Swafford...they are all in constant spin mode.

Yes. They need to have fewer weeks. Start after Halloween. They just start to look ridiculous making the opposite arguments on the following week.
12-21-2020 12:09 PM
Advertisement

AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
The spin will continue until they devise a system that doesn't rely on subjectivity.

One of the strengths of the professional sports is they created a system that rewards in direct proportion to your accomplishments on the field. It is also a big reason why the NCAA basketball tournament is so popular even if there's some degree of subjectivity there.

One of these days, they will have to create a system that rewards conference champions while allowing for at-large berths as well. Then they will have to distance themselves from the bowl system. I guess we'll see if either happens.
12-21-2020 12:29 PM
Arch Stanton Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Notre Dame
that's the funniest one you have posted

I watched it twice

keep them coming
12-21-2020 05:10 PM
Advertisement

XLance Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
The shoe is now on the other foot!!!
12-21-2020 05:28 PM
Crayton Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
The shoe throw was great!
12-21-2020 09:22 PM
Advertisement

Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
(12-21-2020 12:29 PM)AllTideUp Wrote:  The spin will continue until they devise a system that doesn't rely on subjectivity.

One of the strengths of the professional sports is they created a system that rewards in direct proportion to your accomplishments on the field. It is also a big reason why the NCAA basketball tournament is so popular even if there's some degree of subjectivity there.

One of these days, they will have to create a system that rewards conference champions while allowing for at-large berths as well. Then they will have to distance themselves from the bowl system. I guess we'll see if either happens.

I would like to see 2 teams from each P5 conference, one team from each G5 conference and one at large team for a 16 team tournament.
12-22-2020 01:45 AM
Rabonchild Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
With Two teams from each P5 conference. One team from each G5 conference and one wildcard team that would be 16 teams. The teams would play the first with on Friday & Saturday (South, Southeast, west, Southwest, North, Northeast, Midwest & Northwest.

The second round would at the Cotton, Orange, Fiesta & Rose Bowls.. The semi finals would be played one in the East and the other in the West. The Championship would be played in a world class facility.

We Have now covered the country, four most historic bowls, most of the top ten teams and set the stage for our future.
12-22-2020 02:56 AM
Advertisement

schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
(12-22-2020 02:56 AM)Rabonchild Wrote:  With Two teams from each P5 conference. One team from each G5 conference and one wildcard team that would be 16 teams. The teams would play the first with on Friday & Saturday (South, Southeast, west, Southwest, North, Northeast, Midwest & Northwest.

The second round would at the Cotton, Orange, Fiesta & Rose Bowls.. The semi finals would be played one in the East and the other in the West. The Championship would be played in a world class facility.

We Have now covered the country, four most historic bowls, most of the top ten teams and set the stage for our future.

The four most historic bowls are the Cotton, Orange, Rose, and Sugar Bowls.
12-22-2020 06:33 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Eat your heart out Dunkirk!
12-22-2020 11:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.