Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Championship for G5??
Bookmark and Share
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
Championship for G5??
I ave heard several today including Mack Brown say today that he thinks the G5 should just have their own semis and championship game. What are your thoughts on this?
12-20-2020 03:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Championship for G5??
(12-20-2020 03:36 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I ave heard several today including Mack Brown say today that he thinks the G5 should just have their own semis and championship game. What are your thoughts on this?

Of course he does. That's the last thing the G5 needs to do.
12-20-2020 03:39 PM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
No.

We've fought hard to NOT be separated, now there are people advocating that we should.

Those of us who escaped FCS should be vehemently against this.
12-20-2020 03:39 PM
rokamortis Offline
All American

I Root For: Coastal
We need to fight for an expanded playoff with some guaranteed access.
12-20-2020 03:40 PM
runninjoe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: stAte
(12-20-2020 03:39 PM)deb025 Wrote:  
(12-20-2020 03:36 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I ave heard several today including Mack Brown say today that he thinks the G5 should just have their own semis and championship game. What are your thoughts on this?

The irony of making this comment while being ranked behind Coastal in the P5s own corrupt system
deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(12-20-2020 03:39 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  No.

We've fought hard to NOT be separated, now there are people advocating that we should.

Those of us who escaped FCS should be vehemently against this.

Exactly!
Advertisement

Cajuns1252 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana

Hell no, that way they can separate the G5 and P5 into two new divisions.
Pounce FTW Online
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(12-20-2020 03:40 PM)rokamortis Wrote:  We need to fight for an expanded playoff with some guaranteed access.

Yep. It'll happen eventually. Might be 20 years from now, but it'll happen.
12-20-2020 03:45 PM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
No.. the only way this should go down is if the P5 break off.

G5 should continue to be a pain in the ass.
12-20-2020 03:46 PM
GaSoEagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Ga Southern
I think it will take expanding to at least 8 to get a G5 team in
12-20-2020 03:47 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(12-20-2020 03:46 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  No.. the only way this should go down is if the P5 break off.

G5 should continue to be a pain in the ass.

And if they do break off we should not allow ourselves to get lumped back in with the current FCS schools. Like someone else said we have all came a long way and made a lot of investments to seperate ourselves from those schools. We cannot let them "slide up" with us.
12-20-2020 03:50 PM
Advertisement

asu7 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: APP STATE
A lot of us felt this was coming. This is why we felt we had to move up because eventually the G5 would split off. If you were FCS you would be even farther behind.

We do not need to split. We need a 16 team playoff with conference champions getting an auto bid then 6 at large teams.
12-20-2020 04:01 PM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
I think this year will help us more then we can see right now. There are a lot of P5 programs upset with the CFP right now. The contract currently runs through 2024 I believe. They continue to leave out teams that haven’t lost since week 2 over a team that got embarrassed in their last game, calls for change are coming from more then the G5, it’s also coming from P5 schools as well. Expansion is coming, Bowl games will dwindle. I also see conference divisions going away and the CCG’s becoming a part of the playoffs, top two teams in the conference play, the way it should be.
12-20-2020 04:34 PM
rokamortis Offline
All American

(12-20-2020 04:34 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I think this year will help us more then we can see right now. There are a lot of P5 programs upset with the CFP right now. The contract currently runs through 2024 I believe. They continue to leave out teams that haven’t lost since week 2 over a team that got embarrassed in their last game, calls for change are coming from more then the G5, it’s also coming from P5 schools as well. Expansion is coming, Bowl games will dwindle. I also see conference divisions going away and the CCG’s becoming a part of the playoffs, top two teams in the conference play, the way it should be.

Realignment may get interesting if all conferences get rid of divisions for football.
12-20-2020 04:37 PM
Apps6920 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
They want the tarbells to be good so bad . Mack has a lot of connections it’s showing in their recruiting. But they lost to a florida state team ,a bad Virginia team and I’m going to say a mediocre ND. Yet their rewarded with a Orange bowl game against what should have been in the CFP Texas AM? This whole system is broken and we will never see the light of day in G5 it’s so obvious this year!
12-20-2020 04:53 PM
GoAppsGo92 Offline
1st String

I Root For: TheMountaineers
(12-20-2020 04:01 PM)asu7 Wrote:  A lot of us felt this was coming. This is why we felt we had to move up because eventually the G5 would split off. If you were FCS you would be even farther behind.

We do not need to split. We need a 16 team playoff with conference champions getting an auto bid then 6 at large teams.

Don’t need 16. You need just 8 with all P5 champs getting in and three at large, one must be the highest ranked G5. Problem solved.
12-20-2020 05:24 PM
Advertisement

hapapp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
(12-20-2020 04:53 PM)Apps6920 Wrote:  They want the tarbells to be good so bad . Mack has a lot of connections it’s showing in their recruiting. But they lost to a florida state team ,a bad Virginia team and I’m going to say a mediocre ND. Yet their rewarded with a Orange bowl game against what should have been in the CFP Texas AM? This whole system is broken and we will never see the light of day in G5 it’s so obvious this year!

I believe the Orange Bowl had to have an ACC team, and since UNC beat Miami that pretty much meant it would be them.
12-20-2020 05:34 PM
Pounce FTW Online
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(12-20-2020 04:34 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I think this year will help us more then we can see right now. There are a lot of P5 programs upset with the CFP right now. The contract currently runs through 2024 I believe. They continue to leave out teams that haven’t lost since week 2 over a team that got embarrassed in their last game, calls for change are coming from more then the G5, it’s also coming from P5 schools as well. Expansion is coming, Bowl games will dwindle. I also see conference divisions going away and the CCG’s becoming a part of the playoffs, top two teams in the conference play, the way it should be.

After the years Nebraska and Oklahoma lost their final games going into bowl season and then played in the national championship as "at-large" teams, I thought it was obvious that folks wanted the conference championships to mean more than other games. I mean...they were a playoff without having to establish a playoff!
The value of a four-team field is being offset by making conference championships less important than the eye/$$$ test.

(I am aware that Alabama has won a natty under both the BCS and CFP without even winning their division, but I think there's a fair argument to be made that they shouldn't have been involved in either...especially the BCS championship.)
12-20-2020 06:58 PM
Big Buds Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(12-20-2020 03:39 PM)deb025 Wrote:  

I couldn’t agree more. No way we bend on this. Expand the playoff!
12-20-2020 07:40 PM
Teal2018 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-20-2020 05:24 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  
(12-20-2020 04:01 PM)asu7 Wrote:  A lot of us felt this was coming. This is why we felt we had to move up because eventually the G5 would split off. If you were FCS you would be even farther behind.

Don’t need 16. You need just 8 with all P5 champs getting in and three at large, one must be the highest ranked G5. Problem solved.

This 100%, I’ve been saying this to my friends for the past few years. I think this is a nice middle ground solution that makes the playoffs more open than the current format of Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, and whatever other P5 school not from the PAC12 sneaks in but also does not devalue the importance of the regular season too much.
12-20-2020 08:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.