UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Low Probability Christmas Gift for Pops
ReedFlippo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB
Low Probability Christmas Gift for Pops
Hey guys. I’m relatively new here so I’m hoping I’m doing this right by posting a new thread. But my dad has been on here for years - he goes by the name Komodo. He’s the reason I’m a die-hard UAB fan and the reason I’ll always bleed green. It was tough being a UAB football fan when I was growing up with Watson Brown calling the shots, but it sure has paid off to stick with them for the long haul. But I always kept my faith and believed because of my dad. However, I sure did enjoy basketball season - some of my best memories as a kid. A packed out Bartow Arena and the dynamic duo in the Ronell-Donell twins, game-winning 3 from Eddins in the CUSA championship against DePaul in the 04-05 season (I believe he’s the one who shattered the backboard with that monster slam too??), “squeaky” Johnson’s handles, his pure shots, and ball movement (specifically when he dished it to Mo Finley for the winning shot against Kentucky in ‘04). Beating UNC in Bartow also holds a special place in my memory bank. I also experienced the gut-wrenching 1pt loss to No.1 Memphis with him. He’s the reason I wanted to do my undergrad at UAB instead of following all of my buddies to AU or UA.

All this to say, I was really hoping to get a cardboard cut-out of him in Bartow in time for the GT game on Wednesday. He will be there in-person but I will be out of town visiting with my fiancé’s (as of last month) family. We went to our first game of the season today and he thought it was so cool and funny to see the cardboard cutouts. I would love to be watching the game in Atlanta and see his cardboard cut-out since they show them on camera (it would be awesome to actually see him on camera but I understand that’s rare). He would die laughing seeing hisself on a cardboard cut-out while he’s at the game.

Unfortunately, I read the email too late and just now realized that the deadline to purchase them was Dec 10th. Do any of you think there is ANY way I could somehow make this happen? If not, I have other gifts for him - but this one would really be awesome. No pity here though, I’m too late to the show and I understand that’s how things work. Plus, way too many good memories to be down.

Thanks in advance and GO BLAZERS!
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020 11:59 PM by ReedFlippo.)
12-19-2020 11:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Low Probability Christmas Gift for Pops
Id suggest that UAB would probably say they dont have a way to get one made so quickly, but that you could call print shops around town and see about getting it done yourself, and call UAB and tell them you can provide the cutout if you can get it placed in bartow.
12-20-2020 12:10 AM
ReedFlippo Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UAB
RE: Low Probability Christmas Gift for Pops
(12-20-2020 12:10 AM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  Id suggest that UAB would probably say they dont have a way to get one made so quickly, but that you could call print shops around town and see about getting it done yourself, and call UAB and tell them you can provide the cutout if you can get it placed in bartow.

Good idea. I’ll get on that ASAP. Appreciate the quick response.
12-20-2020 12:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.