Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach Kane Wommack at USA - The Correct Choice
Bookmark and Share
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
Coach Kane Wommack at USA - The Correct Choice
To borrow a phrase from Forrest Gump, Coach Wommack and the Jags go together like peas and carrots. Coach Wommack is excited to be here and it is a dream for him to coach the Jags. Seeing his passion for our program, it’s easy to understand why he was our #1 choice.

Quote:"After we knew that we were moving to Indiana there was a time, and I really haven't told anyone this, but there was a time that we went out on the intramural fields in front of the practice facility. We were playing football with the boys and kind of hanging out. I knew that was where they were going to be putting the landmark of Hancock Whitney Stadium. In the moment, just for a brief moment, I remember walking out in the middle of that field and closing my eyes for a minute, and just dreaming about what this place was going to be like and what it is capable of becoming, and the potential of South Alabama football. I try not to get emotional thinking about it, but as I was at Indiana and would return down this way for recruiting or seeing family, I would see the stadium build and grow, I would go out there and do the same thing, and walk out into the stadium even though I probably wasn't supposed to do that. I hope I don't get in trouble for it, but I would go out there and just dream. Close my eyes for a minute and just dream about what this place is and if the opportunity were to ever come about, what it would be. To know now that that opportunity come September 4, 2021 when I get the honor to lead this program out on the field for the first time, I'm going to take a moment and I'm going to close my eyes because I won't have to dream anymore because that reality is there. When we are on that field and able to hear the excitement of our fan base, and see the confidence in our players' and coaches' eyes with the chance to go and do something really special at South Alabama. That to me is the dream. Dreams are important and when they come to fruition, it's something that's exciting for me and my family. Come hell or high water, we're going to pack that stadium full of fans that will witness our best moments as a program and know that our best days are ahead of us is truly exciting.”

- Kane Wommack

12-19-2020 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HappyAppy Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: App
RE: Coach Kane Wommack at USA - The Correct Choice
Wow that’s good stuff.

Congrats on the hire!
12-19-2020 10:55 AM
Yosef Himself Offline
Heisman

I Root For: App State
I'm actually quite interested in seeing how a defensive head coach does with all these SBC HCs that came with offensive backgrounds.
12-19-2020 10:56 AM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
I always wonder about this. Do coaches not tour facilities before they sign contracts? Noticed this when we hired Lindsey and N.Brown, it was a similar situation.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2020 11:08 AM by T2003.)
12-19-2020 11:07 AM
Advertisement

Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

After Campbell, I’m excited to have a young coach that should bring a lot of excitement to the program. That energy will translate in recruiting and play.

I wonder if he will have Joey Jones anywhere around the program???
12-19-2020 11:12 AM
balanced_view Online
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana
Thats some feel good for that program. good for the conference.
12-19-2020 01:50 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(12-19-2020 11:07 AM)T2003 Wrote:  I always wonder about this. Do coaches not tour facilities before they sign contracts? Noticed this when we hired Lindsey and N.Brown, it was a similar situation.

Wommack was an assistant coach at South for a couple of years under Joey Jones so he was familiar with facilities.
12-19-2020 03:27 PM
chiefsfan Online
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(12-19-2020 11:07 AM)T2003 Wrote:  I always wonder about this. Do coaches not tour facilities before they sign contracts? Noticed this when we hired Lindsey and N.Brown, it was a similar situation.

Contracts or letters of agreement? I highly doubt any new SBC coach this year has signed a contract with their school yet. Those often take months to iron out all the legal junk. But coaches instead sign employment agreements with the basic structure of salary and buyout and leave the rest for later...
12-19-2020 10:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.