Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MBB vs Chicago State
Bookmark and Share
NIUfilmmaker Online
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
MBB vs Chicago State
Game is tomorrow, Chicago State is 0-7. Beyond winnable, Monty needs to get this one in the W column...

https://niuhuskies.com/news/2020/12/17/m...-play.aspx
12-17-2020 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieDave Online
All American

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
RE: MBB vs Chicago State
(12-17-2020 05:35 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  Game is tomorrow, Chicago State is 0-7. Beyond winnable, Monty needs to get this one in the W column...

https://niuhuskies.com/news/2020/12/17/m...-play.aspx

Yes, it is a game you have to win, but, unfortunately, for the same reason, a win is almost meaningless. They played earlier this week at ISU and dressed only SIX players.
12-17-2020 05:38 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
MBB vs Chicago State
Ah, the battle of two winless teams! This one should be on prime time network TV. Who gets into the win column and who remains winless? I’m not betting. The tension is palpable!
12-17-2020 05:41 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Alas. It's on ESPN3, which means I have an excuse not to watch. And radio means the effort to plug it in and turn it on (I live with one foot in the technical Dark Ages over here). LiveStats just doesn't have that surcharge of excitement, if there is any.

Anyway, NIU not only has to win, it has to win by at least 10 pts. Anything in single digits is a moral victory for CSU.

Also, is this going to be the official game thread, the unofficial game thread, or just a plain old game thread? Asking for a friend.
12-17-2020 06:32 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU
(12-17-2020 06:32 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  Alas. It's on ESPN3, which means I have an excuse not to watch. And radio means the effort to plug it in and turn it on (I live with one foot in the technical Dark Ages over here). LiveStats just doesn't have that surcharge of excitement, if there is any.

Anyway, NIU not only has to win, it has to win by at least 10 pts. Anything in single digits is a moral victory for CSU.

Also, is this going to be the official game thread, the unofficial game thread, or just a plain old game thread? Asking for a friend.

I'd push that up and say they have to win by 20.

Chicago State has been the doormat of NCAA for years and they aren't any better and very well will be short-handed when they come to DeKalb.

There is no reason NIU shouldn't win by 15+ and if they don't....well....nothing else needs to be said.
12-17-2020 07:16 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
MBB vs Chicago State
(12-17-2020 06:32 PM)pvk75 Wrote:  Alas. It's on ESPN3, which means I have an excuse not to watch. And radio means the effort to plug it in and turn it on (I live with one foot in the technical Dark Ages over here). LiveStats just doesn't have that surcharge of excitement, if there is any.

In answer to your last question, I would not recommend this as a game thread. An official game thread needs to be set up, and the title of the thread must indicate that it is the official thread. Official threads MUST be set up by a certified (or circumcised) official thread creator with credentials subject to verification. This is not to be taken lightly in any manner. It is highly advised that for your own safety and protection you only post to official game threads. If you get in trouble for posting to an unofficial or non-official game thread, don’t come crying to me.
12-17-2020 07:31 PM
Advertisement

pantone1935 Offline
All American

I Root For: huskies
Filippone gets quality minutes. Book it!

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-17-2020 09:09 PM
Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
MBB vs Chicago State
Chicago St just looked at their schedule and said, Yes, our first win.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
12-17-2020 09:19 PM
pvk75 Offline
All American

(12-17-2020 07:31 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

In answer to your last question, I would not recommend this as a game thread. An official game thread needs to be set up, and the title of the thread must indicate that it is the official thread. Official threads MUST be set up by a certified (or circumcised) official thread creator with credentials subject to verification. This is not to be taken lightly in any manner. It is highly advised that for your own safety and protection you only post to official game threads. If you get in trouble for posting to an unofficial or non-official game thread, don’t come crying to me.

Nah ... I'll save my (hypothetical) tears for the end of the season when I see the final W-L record. Or hear of a contract extension. Or both.
12-17-2020 09:22 PM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

Now I know why they have all those lights in Vegas-----people even bet games like this. Just found it and NIU opened at -18. Yep, minus eighteen. Jeeezzzz......
12-18-2020 07:53 AM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

Well, at least with Covid the attendance will be about the same.
12-18-2020 08:26 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(12-18-2020 08:26 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Well, at least with Covid the attendance will be about the same.

Oh no, if not for COVID, the Convo would be jam packed tonight. If fans were able to attend this game, I would expect a crowd approaching 10,000. The true, rabid fan would never miss this game and knows what it means. This game will make or break our season. If we win this game, it means that our season is great - even if we lose every other game. Lose this game, and the season will flow into the sewer, and Monty will get a shorter extension.
12-18-2020 09:38 AM
sportsfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-18-2020 07:53 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  Now I know why they have all those lights in Vegas-----people even bet games like this. Just found it and NIU opened at -18. Yep, minus eighteen. Jeeezzzz......

What are you looking at? NIU is a 26 point favorite.
12-18-2020 12:51 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(12-18-2020 09:38 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(12-18-2020 08:26 AM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  Well, at least with Covid the attendance will be about the same.

Oh no, if not for COVID, the Convo would be jam packed tonight. If fans were able to attend this game, I would expect a crowd approaching 10,000. The true, rabid fan would never miss this game and knows what it means. This game will make or break our season. If we win this game, it means that our season is great - even if we lose every other game. Lose this game, and the season will flow into the sewer, and Monty will get a shorter extension.

03-lmfao

I just wonder if the players really want to play, I guess they will have stories down the road.
12-18-2020 01:02 PM
Milwaukee Pilot Offline
1st String

(12-18-2020 12:51 PM)sportsfan Wrote:  
(12-18-2020 07:53 AM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  Now I know why they have all those lights in Vegas-----people even bet games like this. Just found it and NIU opened at -18. Yep, minus eighteen. Jeeezzzz......

Vegasinsider.com———they list opening line and comparative lines at about six or seven sports books—-and they are all at 18.

Better question, where did you get 26——guessing at 1-800-STF-LINE???
12-18-2020 01:06 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

(12-18-2020 01:06 PM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  

Vegasinsider.com———they list opening line and comparative lines at about six or seven sports books—-and they are all at 18.

18 is still pretty big, especially considering we haven't won a game yet. 18 and 26 really aren't that far off. They're both blowouts. One just bigger than the other.

I don't bet, but if I did...I'd be hesitant to give the 18 let alone 26.
12-18-2020 05:09 PM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

(12-18-2020 01:06 PM)Milwaukee Pilot Wrote:  

All the pieces are in place.....
12-18-2020 06:41 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

The over/ under will be over 135 tonight if Chicago State has more than seven players.
There will be less than 10 total assist in the game for both teams. Offenses will be running my turn to shoot offense with no defense. Just pretend your in the old Field House watching an IM game.
12-18-2020 06:56 PM
mgm86huskiefn Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: niu
Chicago State up by 1. yikes
12-18-2020 07:14 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

(12-18-2020 07:14 PM)mgm86huskiefn Wrote:  Chicago State up by 1. yikes

Not that we're blowing them out right now, but that lead lasted all of about 15 seconds.
12-18-2020 07:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.