Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jonathan "JOJO" Jean
HuffyLegend Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: EMU
Jonathan "JOJO" Jean
Greetings from Florida. Congratulations on getting a wonderful kid & a terrific football player in JoJo Jean. I've had the pleasure of coaching him a little, and he's a steal.
A tremendous teammate - willing to challenge and uplift; tough as nails - missed 1/2 a practice (total) when he broke his hand, then played 5 games with a club (had 2 Int's during that span); possesses a sunny disposition and an engaging spirit - the kid has no enemies; instinctive DB, who can play all the spots (cover corner, physical safety - needs to gain a little weight for the FBS level), and who plays best when the game is biggest/fearless.
Take care of him folks. He's a keeper. He'll make you proud.
12-16-2020 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Jonathan "JOJO" Jean
(12-16-2020 08:47 AM)HuffyLegend Wrote:  Greetings from Florida. Congratulations on getting a wonderful kid & a terrific football player in JoJo Jean. I've had the pleasure of coaching him a little, and he's a steal.
A tremendous teammate - willing to challenge and uplift; tough as nails - missed 1/2 a practice (total) when he broke his hand, then played 5 games with a club (had 2 Int's during that span); possesses a sunny disposition and an engaging spirit - the kid has no enemies; instinctive DB, who can play all the spots (cover corner, physical safety - needs to gain a little weight for the FBS level), and who plays best when the game is biggest/fearless.
Take care of him folks. He's a keeper. He'll make you proud.

Thank you. Sounds like exactly the kind of player and person we need.
12-16-2020 09:07 AM
Houston Owl 2 Online
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
One of my favorite Rice plays was the interception by Brian Raines when playing with a cast on his hand in the Texas Bowl.

Glad to have JoJo with us.
12-16-2020 10:47 AM
Advertisement

bobreinhold1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls
(12-16-2020 10:47 AM)Houston Owl 2 Wrote:  One of my favorite Rice plays was the interception by Brian Raines when playing with a cast on his hand in the Texas Bowl.

I think it was against UH.
12-16-2020 01:06 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Welcome JoJo! Thanks for the heads-up, Huffy. We will be looking forward to seeing him and getting to know him!
12-16-2020 01:11 PM
Advertisement

Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Institute

(12-16-2020 10:47 AM)Houston Owl 2 Wrote:  One of my favorite Rice plays was the interception by Brian Raines when playing with a cast on his hand in the Texas Bowl.

Anybody know what Brian Raines is up to, and where, these days?

Really a great guy…
12-16-2020 01:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Intellectual_Brutality Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls!
(12-16-2020 01:11 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  Welcome JoJo! Thanks for the heads-up, Huffy. We will be looking forward to seeing him and getting to know him!

+1000
12-16-2020 02:09 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

(12-16-2020 02:09 PM)Intellectual_Brutality Wrote:  
(12-16-2020 01:11 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  Welcome JoJo! Thanks for the heads-up, Huffy. We will be looking forward to seeing him and getting to know him!

+1000

IB, I know you caught my meaning... and I hope some others did as well. At Rice and among a lot of our alumni, you aren't just a player or someone whom we only recognize if you're a star. We're a small group of often highly involved people... and although we have as many disagreements as any group, we recognize how difficult it is to be a Rice Owl on so many levels.

Many of us WILL get to know these guys, and them us.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020 12:01 PM by Hambone10.)
12-17-2020 12:00 PM
Swede Owl Offline
All American

I Root For: Rice Rice Baby

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(12-16-2020 01:42 PM)Ricefootballnet Wrote:  

Really a great guy…

Not surprisingly, he rose quickly through the ranks at Frost Bank to be a VP, and then went to Emory Business School to get an MBA, including spending a summer working on Wall Street. He's a special Owl, for sure.
12-18-2020 12:59 AM
Almadenmike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

DonatorsNew Orleans BowlDonators
(12-18-2020 12:59 AM)Swede Owl Wrote:  
(12-16-2020 01:42 PM)Ricefootballnet Wrote:  

Really a great guy…

Not surprisingly, he rose quickly through the ranks at Frost Bank to be a VP, and then went to Emory Business School to get an MBA, including spending a summer working on Wall Street. He's a special Owl, for sure.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brian-raines-05a27660/
12-18-2020 02:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.